Dear former president clinton

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
like i said, i know no job is 100% guaranteed, but mine is at about 98% i guess.....economy has no effect on what i do for a living.
So it's the peoples fault for buying a house they could afford a few years ago, and save money on the side, and now they lost their job, it's their fault?

tienr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Because it IS the banks fault for handing all these loans out that they shouldn't have in the first place. It's like a dealership selling a car to a 16 year old with no license. You shouldn't give a loan to someone whos irresponsible.

Alot of banks were giving loans to people on welfare and never even looked at income or any of that, as long as the credit score was good, sign on the dotted line. It's 50/50.
confused, are you blaming the banks or the government....or is it the governments fault for making the banks give out loans.....either way, i think it is 100% on the buyer. they should know whether or not they can afford a house....and if they lose it, it is their fault (most of the time anyways)

tienr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So it's the peoples fault for buying a house they could afford a few years ago, and save money on the side, and now they lost their job, it's their fault?
if you put no money down, get a variable interest rate, and aren't prepared for it, then yes, its your fault.....people do dumb s**t, like buy a house with no money down or 5% whatever.....my dad put 80% down on the house i grew up on, had it paid off in 3 years. people get a new job, that they've had for a year, think they're making mad bank, and buy a new house, new car, and about 40% of their payment is interest, thats retarded

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You have to admit. My threads own

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Because it IS the banks fault for handing all these loans out that they shouldn't have in the first place. It's like a dealership selling a car to a 16 year old with no license. You shouldn't give a loan to someone whos irresponsible.

Alot of banks were giving loans to people on welfare and never even looked at income or any of that, as long as the credit score was good, sign on the dotted line. It's 50/50.

with all due respect its NOTHING like that.. these are ADULTS who SHOULD be in control of their finances.. a lot of loans were approved "no-doc" meaning people had GOOD credit showing history of debt payment.... and decent amounts of cash available.. these people were basically saying to the bank.. i may not be able to prove income.. but i have a LOT of cash and good bill payment history, so i will pay you back.. the premise of this is to give people loans who make money in undocumented ways, because there are instances where people earn money in undocumented ways.. such as small in home businesses.. at the end of the day.. the bank says THESE are the details of YOUR loan.. this is how much you pay.. do YOU want the loan.. will YOU be able to pay it.. signing on the dotted line makes it YOUR fault.. if i offer you a loan today of $500 to be paid back by the end of the year PLUS $1,000 interest for a total of $1500.. SURE thats a BAD deal.. but it is YOUR choice to take it..

SlowTEC

Initiate brain dump in...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Damn you Dank. Good topic though.

It is true that nobody MADE anyone take a loan out to buy a home. It IS an individual responsibility.

But how can you really place blame on someone for not being able to make payments after being layed off from a job they've worked at for years (meaning more than say, 5)? Can they really foresee that?

Never should you take a loan with an adjustable rate, that just makes it sound like you're going to get f**ked in the end.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn you Dank. Good topic though.

It is true that nobody MADE anyone take a loan out to buy a home. It IS an individual responsibility.

But how can you really place blame on someone for not being able to make payments after being layed off from a job they've worked at for years (meaning more than say, 5)? Can they really foresee that?

Never should you take a loan with an adjustable rate, that just makes it sound like you're going to get f**ked in the end.
it takes a LONG time for a home to be foreclosed on.. and generally speaking if you make a RESPONSIBLE buy you can normally get out before you are kicked out, through various agreements.. my wife and i recently divorced and neither of us could afford to live there individually.. so we stopped paying the mortgage.. BUT we notified the lender immediately.. and they worked with us to sell the home.. in the end it was really a pretty painless process..

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
with all due respect its NOTHING like that.. these are ADULTS who SHOULD be in control of their finances..
Exactly. The banks shouldn't have been as open as they were with handing out loans.

a lot of loans were approved "no-doc" meaning people had GOOD credit showing history of debt payment....
We had quite a few people in our neighborhood get loans just because it was no-docs. They were in welfare.

and decent amounts of cash available..
Not always.

these people were basically saying to the bank.. i may not be able to prove income.. but i have a LOT of cash and good bill payment history, so i will pay you back..
No they didn't. The bank thought that they would.

the premise of this is to give people loans who make money in undocumented ways, because there are instances where people earn money in undocumented ways..
No, it was ways to get loans out the door and make money.

such as small in home businesses.. at the end of the day.. the bank says THESE are the details of YOUR loan.. this is how much you pay.. do YOU want the loan.. will YOU be able to pay it..
The banks were known to make loans look better than they were.

signing on the dotted line makes it YOUR fault..
True.

if i offer you a loan today of $500 to be paid back by the end of the year PLUS $1,000 interest for a total of $1500.. SURE thats a BAD deal.. but it is YOUR choice to take it..
Exactly, so it's 50/50. 50 for the people even doing it, and 50 for the banks even giving them out.

My mom was the head accountant for a national mortgage corporation. They got shut down for forging signatures, cleaning things up in the peoples credit histories, or even doing No-Docs on people they KNEW didn't have stable jobs or incomes.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
it takes a LONG time for a home to be foreclosed on..
No it doesn't. It takes roughly 30 days. Usually a bank gives you 15 days to get your stuff and get out. 90 days past due and the home starts going to into foreclosure.

and generally speaking if you make a RESPONSIBLE buy you can normally get out before you are kicked out, through various agreements..
Not always. A bank will do a short sale in this market, but the banks will not always work with you.

my wife and i recently divorced and neither of us could afford to live there individually.. so we stopped paying the mortgage..
That was a big mistake.

BUT we notified the lender immediately..
Atleast you did that.

and they worked with us to sell the home.. in the end it was really a pretty painless process..
You must have a good lender, or two, they wanted to sell it to make money and not lose money while you weren't making payments.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No it doesn't. It takes roughly 30 days. Usually a bank gives you 15 days to get your stuff and get out.
i have NEVER heard of a mortgage company foreclosing after ONE missed payment.. you have to be MONTHS behind before they even START the foreclosing process..

and again with ANY adult choice.. you have the choice at the end of the day to evaluate the terms of the loan.. no matter how awful they are YOU make that choice to sign or not.. you have complete and total control.. if you can't pay.. don't sign.. the moment you sign.. you agree to the shitty terms... and its YOUR responsibility to pay them back..

tienr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and again with ANY adult choice.. you have the choice at the end of the day to evaluate the terms of the loan.. no matter how awful they are YOU make that choice to sign or not.. you have complete and total control.. if you can't pay.. don't sign.. the moment you sign.. you agree to the shitty terms... and its YOUR responsibility to pay them back..
exactly, the banks aren't making you take their money, you choose too, in no way is that 50/50...then they take your house cuz your the idiot that couldn't make the payments