CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm pretty set on going k after finding the ways to do it without cutting the chassis. Been doing my research each day on it.

Got my last two wheels already. So I'll be getting my tires in the next couple of weeks. I'm trying to buy parts without spending too much at a time. The order I've worked out will basically be:

-tires
-lip
-mud guards
-coilovers
-wing
-motor swap or swap parts

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i would have flipped lip and coilovers around.. but none the less your on the right track...and this s**t is gonna take off i can already tell.! damn you im jealous again!

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm pretty set on going k after finding the ways to do it without cutting the chassis. Been doing my research each day on it.

Got my last two wheels already. So I'll be getting my tires in the next couple of weeks. I'm trying to buy parts without spending too much at a time. The order I've worked out will basically be:

-tires
-lip
-mud guards
-coilovers
-wing
-motor swap or swap parts
the only cutting i can think of is for either the engine or trans mount, i dont remember which right now. hybrid racing has a lot of stuff for it. but im sure youve already found that. and also issues 19, 20 and when 21 comes out there they are doing a swap into an integra in project car magazine.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I chose this order because, if I owned a proper ek it would have had those factory options already and coilovers would come after.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the only cutting i can think of is for either the engine or trans mount, i dont remember which right now. hybrid racing has a lot of stuff for it. but im sure youve already found that.
the 6th gen chassis doesn't require the transmission mount to be cut. The eg/dc needs to be cut there. The other citing would be for mounting the shifter. Hybrid racing's shifter can be mounted with only needing two holes drilled and the shifter cables can be routed over the subframe.

MugenRR

Banned
better build that single, by the way u talking i tought u were fully built motor or something.
cheers car looks ok =)

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why would I build my single cam? I'm not planning to boost it or spend a ton on making it a decent all motor setup. If you have read my thread, I've decided to go with a k series in this car. I dont talk hard about my car or my plans. I simply say what I intend to do, take pics as I progress to share with those that may be interested and i take my time doing so because I have a life outside of cars just like most others.

Thanks for your opinion though. If you ever have any useful info, feel free to post

JDM 94 EG Hatch

Initial D
Registered VIP
I simply say what I intend to do, take pics as I progress to share with those that may be interested and i take my time doing so because I have a life outside of cars just like most others.

Thanks for your opinion though. If you ever have any useful info, feel free to post
very nice pics too

and the last part.... eh not so much.

95excommuter

5+ Year Member
Well since the topic atm seems to be engines is 2k a good price for a mint b16w/ trans, harness, and comp, with about 50k on it, and if it is how hard would that be to swap into a 95 ex 2 door MT?

MugenRR

Banned
Why would I build my single cam? I'm not planning to boost it or spend a ton on making it a decent all motor setup. If you have read my thread, I've decided to go with a k series in this car. I dont talk hard about my car or my plans. I simply say what I intend to do, take pics as I progress to share with those that may be interested and i take my time doing so because I have a life outside of cars just like most others.

why not built a single? look here is where most newbies fall bad, u can make any motor fast,d16,b16,b20 etc it all depends on who is fixing it. d series is lighter,cheaper as in money. less gas. u can c my single cam vid in my thread thank u, gbye.

95excommuter

5+ Year Member
I'm new to this site, not sure how to veiw threads that aren't linked with posts, would like to see your sohc build.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why not built a single? look here is where most newbies fall bad, u can make any motor fast,d16,b16,b20 etc it all depends on who is fixing it. d series is lighter,cheaper as in money. less gas. u can c my single cam vid in my thread thank u, gbye.
im not new to any of this. Im not building a car to be "fast" and it depends on how you build it, not 'who is fixing it'.
Im building it for me. I want a K in my hatch, end of story. I know the expenses involved in each swap. Money isnt an issue. Money can always come over time. You're wasting your time if you think im against any other motors. I considered these few possibilities for this project:

D16y8 rebuilt for boost with a T3 60-1 a/r .63 (cheap to build, repair, and aquire)
B16B (for its rareness and it belongs in this chassis)
B18C-r stock internals with a T3 60-1 a/r .63 tuned for reliability
H2B w/ IHE
K20a2/z1

They can all be made to do the same things, whether if its drag, auto-x, or just dd. I do all my work myself, alone, so i chose to tackle the most involved swap of the group. H2B coming in at a close second, but i chose not due to the engine angle and pulley changes i'd have to deal with. I like to leave my motors in an "as is" condition as much as possible.

95excommuter

5+ Year Member
WTF like every pic was removed, the videos were removed, why come on here and say all that about building an sohc and then say you have nothing to prove, I don't care whos hatin or talkin sh#*, I'm on this site to get an education from people who know what they are talkin about, and enjoy the process of their build.
Anyway Child I'm tuned in for your build, the car is comin along, can't wait till you get some shoes for thoughs wheels.

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's child, be prepared for this to be the sickest ek hatch in 6months or less.