RonJ request for OGs Genuine Rolla, hooked_on4, NOFX, shiznit, TonyM, handlebars

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^Fun times?

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^woah, it's anthony o.o

What's up man?
car wise... got the Mustang running then unfortunately decided I could not completely finish it because I need a reliable normal car to get around.. cool car but just bad timing.. so the Mustang is pretty much sold.. over the next couple months I hope to pick up a GTI..or a GLI (MKIV)

life wise... I moved about 4 hours away to PA (from NJ) I am starting to interview for new jobs... I moved to PA with the girl that I met on clubcivic we got engaged last year and will be getting married over the next couple years once we straighten out our daily lives (work and all that)

spent the last 4 months snowboarding 2-3 times weekly.. really helped clear my head, and helped get me ready for some serious work...

over all things are great... a little stressed about finding work.. but besides that things could not be better...

how is clubcivic going?

since it is now 2012 and having my join date be that is no longer interesting.. please ask Justin to change it to something else... I forget what my actual join date was but whatever..

hope al is well..

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^Damn, sounds like you've been busy. What girl did you meet on CC? I don't seem to recall that, but congratulations on the engagement! Psyched for you!

ClubCivic is going well. There's been an increase in activity lately and people have been bringing up some interesting threads. We've also been making a lot of changes in the past month or two, with more to come. It's good to see you're still around.

Do you have an estimate of when you joined? I feel like it was somewhere between 03 and 05, can you narrow it down any more than that?

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^Damn, sounds like you've been busy. What girl did you meet on CC? I don't seem to recall that, but congratulations on the engagement! Psyched for you!

ClubCivic is going well. There's been an increase in activity lately and people have been bringing up some interesting threads. We've also been making a lot of changes in the past month or two, with more to come. It's good to see you're still around.

Do you have an estimate of when you joined? I feel like it was somewhere between 03 and 05, can you narrow it down any more than that?
pretty sure it was in the 1970s...

as far as the girl.. it was a girl who dated some guy on clubcivic..
lol

her name is Tara there was a big thread about it here where he figured out we were dating and was all pissed..

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It woulda said closer to '05-'06

And the join date changes were happening when most the O.G's were mods

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It woulda said closer to '05-'06

And the join date changes were happening when most the O.G's were mods
pretty sure I was a moderator in 05 so I am sure it was before then.... it is not that big of a deal... lol

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pfffffft it's VERY serious

:P

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
How about 1979 to symbolize the radioactive leak at three-mile island?

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
car wise... got the Mustang running then unfortunately decided I could not completely finish it because I need a reliable normal car to get around.. cool car but just bad timing.. so the Mustang is pretty much sold.. over the next couple months I hope to pick up a GTI..or a GLI (MKIV)
I dont recommend a mk4, they are wiring disasters. even stock ones. rear defrosters melt the harness goign to the rear, tail lights have issues in their wiring with going out, and the harness to the license plates have issues. abs sensors go bad a lot too, and there are more

where did you move to in PA? i know we were talking about the bloomsburg area, im in willliamsport now

RonJ

Banned
as far as the girl.. it was a girl who dated some guy on clubcivic..
lol

her name is Tara there was a big thread about it here where he figured out we were dating and was all pissed..
:shock:

Is this going to result in a gun battle?

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I dont recommend a mk4, they are wiring disasters. even stock ones. rear defrosters melt the harness goign to the rear, tail lights have issues in their wiring with going out, and the harness to the license plates have issues. abs sensors go bad a lot too, and there are more

where did you move to in PA? i know we were talking about the bloomsburg area, im in willliamsport now
I just dropped $1800 in maintenance on my MKIV R32 today. Not cool.

I remember that...

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

in the bloom area... and yeah I am aware of the wiring nightmares.. but for what I am looking to spend it has the most to offer.. I just want a "nice" car that has "nice interior" and is in generally good condition..

:shock:

Is this going to result in a gun battle?
unlikely I am pretty sure he is more than over it at this point.. lol

I just dropped $1800 in maintenance on my MKIV R32 today. Not cool.

I remember that...
I figured someone would remember..
what happened to your car.. it sucks they have issues.. they are just such nice looking cars..
I just want MKIV that is nice and clean.. lowered a hair.. on some nice rims.. with a snowboard rack.. and call it a day.. lol I could give a f**k about going fast anymore.. I am totally over it.. just want a normal simple car.. I can not believe I am coming back to imports.. lol

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I figured someone would remember..
what happened to your car.. it sucks they have issues.. they are just such nice looking cars..
I just want MKIV that is nice and clean.. lowered a hair.. on some nice rims.. with a snowboard rack.. and call it a day.. lol I could give a f*** about going fast anymore.. I am totally over it.. just want a normal simple car.. I can not believe I am coming back to imports.. lol
Sunday the E-Brake cable broke, Monday evening when I was on my way to class it started running real rough. Took it in. Here is the list

-Bad fuel pump relay
-Bad EVAP sensor
-Bad thermostat (knew about)
-Rear driver brake caliper seized
-E-Brake cable disconnect in the center console
-Bad front passenger CV Joint / Bad boot
-Bad front passenger tie rod end

All of that replaced, parts, labor, and front alignment is costing around $1800 from the stealership.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sunday the E-Brake cable broke, Monday evening when I was on my way to class it started running real rough. Took it in. Here is the list

-Bad fuel pump relay
-Bad EVAP sensor
-Bad thermostat (knew about)
-Rear driver brake caliper seized
-E-Brake cable disconnect in the center console
-Bad front passenger CV Joint / Bad boot
-Bad front passenger tie rod end

All of that replaced, parts, labor, and front alignment is costing around $1800 from the stealership.
as much as that sucks you dealt with a lot of s**t in one sitting..
I guess what has me looking at them is the niceness of car you get for the money.. The job I am getting (hopefully) should pay well.. but can't rely on that to pay for a car I need "now" lol

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
as much as that sucks you dealt with a lot of s*** in one sitting..
I guess what has me looking at them is the niceness of car you get for the money.. The job I am getting (hopefully) should pay well.. but can't rely on that to pay for a car I need "now" lol
Yeah. Told them to go over it and fix anything that needed it. The driver seat doesn't slide but not a big deal. Been like that for over a year and is stuck where it has to be for me. I know I need new pads and rotors up front but I can do that when it gets a bit warmer.

I agree with those cars. Nice cars but unfortunately they are a nightmare for electrical problems. Good luck on whatever you choose.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice cars, i love them. but horrible at being reliable. i have countless friends with them. and everyday i hear about stuff breaking, its never ending.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice cars, i love them. but horrible at being reliable. i have countless friends with them. and everyday i hear about stuff breaking, its never ending.
just r32s? or VW in general?