project low and slow ek

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Idc if it sucks in snow, if op says he wants to go lower (not me saying he should go lower) then he should. Op blurts out clearance issues stopping him from going lower, the exhaust resonator, which in actuality isn't very low unless installed improperly or worn out exhaust hangers are used. And you somehow think that a stiffer spring on the coilovers wouldn't help with keeping distance between the ground and any part of the op's car? A stiffer spring regardless of the dampening force is the difference between three wheeling on a steep incline and dragging the front or rear end. A stiff spring makes a difference. Of course the ride is more rough, that's the trade off of lowering a car unless you want it to scrape.

My points: there should be no clearance issues due to the chassis or exhaust that limit the op from being lower....and if clearance issues actually existed (siding with the op's comments) then there are ways to still go lower without issues.

civicexkid

maybe he doesnt want any kind of scrapes on his exhaust so he wont get close to that height but spring rate wont do much for coilovers. lets see you spenn 1,000 on coils then go buy some stiffer sring to completly mess up the ride coils are made for that selected purpoose. whihc is why some companies have many varations like tein have the ss, flex, mono flex etc a stiffer spring will just make you ride shitty and terrible yes you wont bottom out because your car just wouldnt move up or down which is why you buy coils that have height and damping. if you want something that wourls then pay for it like mono flex that is expensive buy also an amazing set.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
maybe he doesnt want any kind of scrapes on his exhaust so he wont get close to that height but spring rate wont do much for coilovers. lets see you spenn 1,000 on coils then go buy some stiffer sring to completly mess up the ride coils are made for that selected purpoose. whihc is why some companies have many varations like tein have the ss, flex, mono flex etc a stiffer spring will just make you ride s***ty and terrible yes you wont bottom out because your car just wouldnt move up or down which is why you buy coils that have height and damping. if you want something that wourls then pay for it like mono flex that is expensive buy also an amazing set.
I covered the issue of scrapes on the exhaust. I was lower and never scraped anything. Not the chassis or the exhaust and I was on 15 inch wheels instead of 16s and nearly tucking rim. Im not saying to just get new springs, i'm saying a suspension setup that has a more suitable spring rate to give the op both the ride height and comfort without damaging anything. And you can have such a custom setup without spending retarded amounts of money : koni/gc for example.

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm lower and I bet I have worse roads and my only thing I have an issue with are speed bumps :cool:

lowandslowek

CHILD i am done arguing with you... its the fact that its my car and the roads are garbage here if i go any lower i will be scraping all the time.... its fine the way it is till the roads get better... the snow is done here.... i just got to wait for spring.. so relax and remember this is not your car .....it's mine end of story
basically we agree to disagree

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I never gave a damn if you lowered your car or not. I never suggested that you should lower or raise your car. I simply started that you're reasons for not being able to go lower without scraping (ws2 exhaust and bad roads) shouldn't exist. Bad roads are everywhere, good suspension and good driving solves the bad roads issue, and a ws2 doesn't hang that low. A genuine excuse for not being able to go lower is something like, a k or j series swap, huge body kit, wrong sized wheels or tires.
Get over thinking that I care if you go low or not. Just don't claim some weak ass excuse.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
who cares about scraping exhaust and the bottom of a car, no one can see it anyways, thats the fun part!

cuetip

Registered VIP
low and slow, get a real system haha, i have a single DD 15 that takes up my whole trunk, lol what size and kind are the rims

lowandslowek

16" Rota Subzero's and the system is one i have had for 4 years... just put the subs in a new box... I have yet to blow them and they still sound good

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
who cares about scraping exhaust and the bottom of a car, no one can see it anyways, thats the fun part!
It is kinda fun seeing some of the scrapes when you lift your car after driving around for a while :D

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hmmm, my old username was LowNSlow.
OP you are NOT low at all. I am the 2nd lowest car on this forum and I'm able to go lower still, and with my new set up in May I will be on the ground, not that I have much further to go anyhow. If you're worried about scraping something is wrong with both the car AND the driver at your height.

I can't leave my house w/o taking the driveway almost parallel to the street. Speed humps? LOL I back up if I'm able, or butt clench and wince as I catch the header, entire exhaust, and frame of the car.

Gotta pay to play kid, and if you can't do either..move on.

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
OP you are NOT low at all. I am the 2nd lowest car on this forum and I'm able to go lower still, and with my new set up in May I will be on the ground, not that I have much further to go anyhow. If you're worried about scraping something is wrong with both the car AND the driver at your height.

I can't leave my house w/o taking the driveway almost parallel to the street. Speed humps? LOL I back up if I'm able, or butt clench and wince as I catch the header, entire exhaust, and frame of the car.

I hated backing up when there were people behind me. Some places where I live had speed bumps on steroids. They were massive and weren't even the skinny ones they were wide as f**k.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I hated backing up when there were people behind me. Some places where I live had speed bumps on steroids. They were massive and weren't even the skinny ones they were wide as f***.
The ones that scare me are the tall ones w/ no gradual slope. Or the random bump in the road that you've never driven on or haven't been on in awhile.(last week for me..should've taken pix of the damage from it..not pretty).

Oh, OP you also don't have an EK. Jus' sayin'

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

true true

lowandslowek

not sure why i am getting s**t on... but my car isn't any lower due to the roads where i live it will be lower(when the time comes when the roads are getting better).... also i am not sure wh it matters to you guys when its not your car... honestly i don't care about the negative comments you guys are posting

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not sure why i am getting s*** on... but my car isn't any lower due to the roads where i live it will be lower(when the time comes when the roads are getting better).... also i am not sure wh it matters to you guys when its not your car... honestly i don't care about the negative comments you guys are posting
I hear the ricer 'roads are bad here' excuse day in and day out, for at least the past 10years. If you think the roads are bad then you can't drive. Saint Louis has some of the worst roads in the country, and you don't see me being a puss about it. It's all in if you can drive. If you can't drive(which clearly you can't), then get out the game.

ps i'm a girl. oopsies

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Good start :thumbs up.

There's a saying that goes around: You gotta pay to play. There are people out there that replace oil pan after oil pan because they keep shattering them from being so low. You just have to drive smarter. I'm probably a hair lower than you are (at least my rear) and I avoid certain places because I can't go those ways anymore, especially when I have a passenger(s).