ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Were those spark plugs new when you started?

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So what's the plan to get it running? Have a pro tune it?

EgCivicKid

Glad to see you follow the build so closely

Haha sorry I was and then school got overloaded and work and I just recently came back and I must have missed that. I remember seeing something but I thought you salvaged it. My bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Were those spark plugs new when you started?
Not brand new but in great condition. Had quite a few really rich start ups though. Got to a point where I couldn't get it to start.
So what's the plan to get it running? Have a pro tune it?
I have some more tinkering to do, but I'm finding small things here and there that I need to correct. When I get it driveable, ill be seeking a tune with the quickness.

Haha sorry I was and then school got overloaded and work and I just recently came back and I must have missed that. I remember seeing something but I thought you salvaged it. My bad!
I was just giving you a hard time haha.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The shifter looks cool but it being expose throws off the flow of the stock interior, i would rather have a boot on there, but doesn't look like the stock one fits lol. You made this swap look easy to do tho man. :thumbup:

I had the same mount setup with my old b16a.
Yea but that was 1.6 liter engine with no torque, can remember if your K24 has the balance shaft oil pump.
The vibration my H22 cause in my EK cabin was very annoying, and then after removing the balance shaft belt.. oh god!
For those reading, please never remove the balance shaft belt use on your EK-H22. Do not sacrifice comfort for "5" HP

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The shifter looks cool but it being expose throws off the flow of the stock interior, i would rather have a boot on there, but doesn't look like the stock one fits lol. You made this swap look easy to do tho man. :thumbup:

Yea but that was 1.6 liter engine with no torque, can remember if your K24 has the balance shaft oil pump.
The vibration my H22 cause in my EK cabin was very annoying, and then after removing the balance shaft belt.. oh god!
For those reading, please never remove the balance shaft belt use on your EK-H22. Do not sacrifice comfort for "5" HP
I dont want a stock looking interior so it's perfect for me. I like wild high end cars but too poor to afford one. Things like Pagani with their exposed shifters is what im copying on a far less expensive platform.

The extra torque with this setup still isnt crazy with vibration. Maybe your mounts weren't soo great. Even my friends k24 swaps feel just fine unless they're not getting traction and wheel hopping which vibrates bad regardless. I do have the balance shafts in mine. I left that alone for smoother high end acceleration just like all the newer Ks.

I should add that when my mounts were new with my b16, I had signicantly more vibration than I do now with the tsx. This mount design is much more stout than old B/D/H swap mounts

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dont want a stock looking interior so it's perfect for me. I like wild high end cars but too poor to afford one. Things like Pagani with their exposed shifters is what im copying on a far less expensive platform.

The extra torque with this setup still isnt crazy with vibration. Maybe your mounts weren't soo great. Even my friends k24 swaps feel just fine unless they're not getting traction and wheel hopping which vibrates bad regardless. I do have the balance shafts in mine. I left that alone for smoother high end acceleration just like all the newer Ks.

I should add that when my mounts were new with my b16, I had signicantly more vibration than I do now with the tsx. This mount design is much more stout than old B/D/H swap mounts
word. I shouldn't say Stock interior cause you have replace seats, steering wheel and mirror. idk, i guess i see it as an interruption of how the rest of the interior looks even with the seats and wheel. I mean, those seats/wheel look very good in there, they flow with rest of the interior - they're not futuristic or too old looking. imo when an interior doesn't flow good, is for example : when you put 8th gen Si seats in eks. But now that i know your intention there, that's awesome dude :thumbup:

The mounts i had were Hasport, but never actually knew what type of inserts(probably something hard lol). maybe i was just a little wussy.

Hey little off topic, do you have degree in photography/film?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
word. I shouldn't say Stock interior cause you have replace seats, steering wheel and mirror. idk, i guess i see it as an interruption of how the rest of the interior looks even with the seats and wheel. I mean, those seats/wheel look very good in there, they flow with rest of the interior - they're not futuristic or too old looking. imo when an interior doesn't flow good, is for example : when you put 8th gen Si seats in eks. But now that i know your intention there, that's awesome dude :thumbup:

The mounts i had were Hasport, but never actually knew what type of inserts(probably something hard lol). maybe i was just a little wussy.

Hey little off topic, do you have degree in photography/film?
I think the difference in the transferring of vibrations is probably due to the brackets that these attach to. They might reduce a bit of the vibration. Who knows lol.

I get you on the interior thing. I am going a bit far and blingy, but that's just me lol. Oh, and no degree in photography, but I did go to the Art Institute for graphic design. So that does help a bit with photography, but photos generated purely from a hobby. The hobby became an obsession and eventually turned into opportunity.

CtRHatch2985

MassTuning
Hard work pays off glad to see it finally in. Just a few tweaks and you will be all set. And I agree with the K tuned shifters. They fugly Not a clean look but its ur car. Hopefully they will come up with cleaner shifter in the future.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hard work pays off glad to see it finally in. Just a few tweaks and you will be all set. And I agree with the K tuned shifters. They fugly Not a clean look but its ur car. Hopefully they will come up with cleaner shifter in the future.
it's the functionality of the shifters that matter to them. I wouldn't expect any kind of change just for a different look. These shifters are actually very popular the way they are. As far as function goes, it's pretty damn hard to beat. It feels incredible.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
See I wanted something like this in my coupe. I wanted to remove that center console/shifter boot thing and just have it empty (maybe I'm getting use to the Model S interiors ;)). But I love how open and "racecar" it looks.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Drove my car down my driveway and right back in the garage. My MAP sensor is fried from having the TPS and MAP connections backwards. This sucks lol, so many self inflicted Issues. Oh well, love and learn.

Damn near drove through my house though going back in the garage lol. The car moves quicker than I expected

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Drove my car down my driveway and right back in the garage. My MAP sensor is fried from having the TPS and MAP connections backwards. This sucks lol, so many self inflicted Issues. Oh well, love and learn.

Damn near drove through my house though going back in the garage lol. The car moves quicker than I expected
:lol:

That's ok. I totally had a coolant sensor and oil sensor connections swapped for the longest time... :oops:

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol! careful dude, you've created an animal.

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

It's those self inflicted woe's that always hold me up when working on my own car. I never seem to make the same stupid mistakes working on other peoples cars... just my own.

I miss driving a quick car.... automatic hatch can't even get out of it's own way.

Had you ever thought of using power steering with an electric pump set-up? I'm thinking that's the route I'm going to end up going... just because I want to use an Integra steering rack for a quicker steering ratio.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP

Not the first person that's done that, at least to found the issue right away can't wait to see some rolling shots.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How many miles do you have on with the Ktuned shifter unit? I currently have the HR no cut myself and I am starting to notice a bit of slop and its been about a year with a full race season tho.

Interested to see what kind of power you put down .

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Had you ever thought of using power steering with an electric pump set-up? I'm thinking that's the route I'm going to end up going... just because I want to use an Integra steering rack for a quicker steering ratio.
No I actually like the feel of a manual rack so im not worried about power steering at all. Plus the electric power steering in my 8th gen feels disconnected from the road if you know what I mean.

How many miles do you have on with the Ktuned shifter unit? I currently have the HR no cut myself and I am starting to notice a bit of slop and its been about a year with a full race season tho.

Interested to see what kind of power you put down .
Very little, havent been driving the car really since im trying to smooth out a few things. The K-tuned shifter has 2 allen screws in the bottom that can be tightened to retain a good firm feel whereas the HR one doesn't. So I dont see myself having an issue anytime soon.

And im just as anxious to see what I lay down especially since I went with parts that a lot of people don't agree with.

Upgraded my power cable after further research and finding that my 8ga was insufficient for the starter and fuse box. Stuck with some nice stinger power cable though.

Doesn't stand out too bad, so im happy.

Two more shift knobs to my collection, ktuned version 3 heavy weight and a mugen si. Love em

From heaviest to lightest

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My ideas take too long to happen

Don't mind the brake booster line, it's temporary. My other location wasn't sufficient. Just gotta tackle a new intake manifold setup and I'll leave the engine alone.