CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:domollama:

Yessssss.

Did your basemap that you make not work? I have been wondering how difficult it is to make a custom map with KPro

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:domollama:

Yessssss.

Did your basemap that you make not work? I have been wondering how difficult it is to make a custom map with KPro
It worked to start the car and idle roughly. I've been working out fueling and wiring kinks. Found a few things that needed to be switched or moved around. Also, my battery is flat and giving me a 'low voltage when cranking" error in the codes section of kpro. It's not to hard to make a map if you use a preset one as a starting point. I don't believe my problems are with the maps but with minor things like wiring.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm confused I thought this was going into a red EK hatch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That got wrecked a while back.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well, MY calendar was way off! I thought the swap was going to happen in March. I really like the fitment of that Apexi exhaust. seems really tight, no rubbing. I guess this is also the first time seeing the old engine. Was that originally a d16y7 engine, with a y8 intake swap?

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
congrats on getting it swapped in! looks great.

act440

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well, MY calendar was way off! I thought the swap was going to happen in March. I really like the fitment of that Apexi exhaust. seems really tight, no rubbing. I guess this is also the first time seeing the old engine. Was that originally a d16y7 engine, with a y8 intake swap?
The coupe is an HX submodel so it was a D16y5

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Very impressive work.

No air filter though?
I have a Vibrant filter for the V stack, just not on while in the garage. Just wanted to get things going.

[YOUTUBE="K24A2 First start up"]TVi7SSGsnNk[/YOUTUBE]

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Link is broken to the YouTube vid :( at least on tapatalk

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
How much clearance between the motor/belts and the passenger side shock tower/frame?
How's the vibration through the chassis with the race urethane mounts?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How much clearance between the motor/belts and the passenger side shock tower/frame?
How's the vibration through the chassis with the race urethane mounts?
There's about a couple of inches of clearance. Ill have to measure but it's more space than it seems in the pics. Same with my harness near the header, there's more than 2 inches for sure but it looks close at a glance. The mounts aren't that bad at all even for being brand new. The vibration that's annoying for now is little pices pieces of interior trim that aren't new and rattled with the stock motor. The mounts will soften over time and it'll be smooth amd quiet but the engine will still sit firmly in place. I had the same mount setup with my old b16a.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just didn't see it on my feed :lol:

It livessss!!!!!

Btw, damnit you. Now I'm looking at engine dress up parts because of you!
Be warned, it's addictive... mostly because it makes all your normal stuff look hella out of place lol.

This might be an issue. Those rich starts ive been having did some work on my spark plugs

Instagram stirred up a few questions about exhaust clearance, ride height and the k24 on ekk2s. If you look close in the center you can see the resonator just below the subframe brace. The oil pan is higher than the resonator. My ride height is the same as where I had it with the D.

NEW PRODUCTS from K-Tuned
Stronger billet shifter arm option that also has a bit more height to it and secures your top shaft in place better with 3 allen screws.

Also, a new heavy weight shift knob using the new design.

D and B series versions are already available. K series arms and the shift knob should be available in about a week or so!