96romaCX CIVIC hatchback BUILD THREAD

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^ Thanks bud!

Okay, so I need some opinions on tires now lol... Should I get yokohama s drives in 205/50/15, or a set of the new dunlop ZII in 205/50/15??

All input is welcome!

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^ Thanks bud!

Okay, so I need some opinions on tires now lol... Should I get yokohama s drives in 205/50/15, or a set of the new dunlop ZII in 205/50/15??

All input is welcome!
From a performance aspect, the Z2's will blow away the s.Drives. But they are a good bit more $ and won't last as long. TireRack has a special on the Z2's so I'd jump on those now over the s.Drives in a heart beat.

Jeffhondadc5

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^ Thanks bud!

All input is welcome!
I just ordered my S drives a few weeks ago off tirerack. I believe they are still up for $88 a piece.

Mine was shipped to my door for $400 dollars which is a good price if you ask me!

But yeah the z2s are on there now for $110 each I think, take your pick!

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Basically I'm gonna just run the nuts off it spirited driving the mountain back roads so I may try to get some dunlops, if they go off sale before I have the cash up, it will be S drives. 400 bucks is a steal Jeff!

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
With fairly normal driving I probably wouldn't expect much more than 25k miles, if that, out of them.. So if you beat on them a good bit, expect a lot less.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
18-22 is what i would expect, hows your toe going to be setup on the car? i know you like that dumped look, if you are going to slam silly low, go cheaper tire route, FWIW

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks you guys I really appreciate the info. Yes I do like the dumped look, but after Child posted what spoon recommends their ek's ride height to be, I was going to set mine there after my springs settle. I havnt even driven on my new suspension except to turn the car around in the drive way.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I also read that they are discontinuing the z2 for the new star spec z2, wich should be available in november

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Should be able to get them cheaper then :what:
Yeah they are on special right now on tire rack

My order came in from majestic!! New em1 e brake cables, new hood cable, and new proportioning valve. I tried to re flare my lines one last time and hooked everything back up and still sucked air through, so I guess If I can't make a good flare with the line I have left, I'm going to order new oem rear lines .. This is one of the most frustrating things I've had to deal with so far :/

I hope to get it back on the road so I can make it to a big meet coming up on may 31st. But time will tell.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Doing double flare correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nope, I tried to follow instructions online and in rental kit but I couldn't make any that were "true". They were oblong or warped and I got tired of messing with it.

I've got some new ones on the way from majestic, it was my wheel/tire fund.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Parts train coming through... :rolf:

Called and spoke with tire rack about the sizes before placing an order and found out they carried 2 sizes in 15x7 +30, one with 54.1 hub bore and weighs 13.2 lbs, and he other is 73.1 hub bore that weighs 12.4lbs which is he size I ordered. No worries about fitting them now, I'll just slap in my old centric rings from the last set I had and viola!! So stoked on these!! They don't weigh ANYTHING!! :rolf:

K1 racing Version 2, I love how bright and vibrant the silver is in the sun!

Fitment is going to be perfect!!! I couldn't be any happier with these wheels. They are exactly what I wanted! I'm expecting another package to arrive 2mrw also, wonder what it could be... :what: ?

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The go beyond the fender. You like that?