»»»»»» Finally lowered my EJ2 -- STR8 DUMPAGE!! 

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
**EDIT - new pic pg 5**

Well I just recently proposed to my Fiancé, so I was able to pull out my coilovers I had stashed away (so not to upset her about spending money on my car rather than a ring) and slap that s**t on.

Unfortunately, it was no easy task. Original owner is from PA, then moved to san francisco... once he gave me the car, I've been the first to do ANYthing to the car since he purchased it new way back when ('93). Lowering it was NO easy task as it should have been.

• Anyhow, Here is the before pic

• Also threw in some new headlights and amber corners - side note, 5th gen headlight/corner setup is the worst i've encountered compared to my previous 6th & 8th gen civics

• new coilovers compared to the OEM setup LOL

• Here is what happened in the rear - bolt that goes through the rear LCA/Sub-frame... the bolt head stripped clean off the bolt!! Got hooked up with a fix from Parris Engine Dynamics :thumbup:

Anyhow, finally dumped... most likely going to have to raise it some more though (practicality reason, getting in/out of my garage is no easy task, in fact in this first pic you can see how much the middle of the car scrapes going up my driveway into the garage :thumbdown: )

BTW, setup is
- Function/Form Type I coilovers - they ride really good especially for how low they are (except for pot holes obviously)
- Function/Form Rear Lower Control Arms - needed since DX LCA don't have holes for sway bar
- eBay headlights/corner lights

Next up, need to get this s**t waxed or clay bared or whatever the fuq to spruce up this paint job & retrofit (again)

EDIT:
forgot to add this pic of the RLCA

Last edited:

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Looks really nice..where'd you order them from?

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:shock: Wow dude, That's a hell of a nice drop.

Congrats on the proposal!

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^ hehe, funny you say that, I'm actually tryna whip one up right now ;)

91civicfreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have a kit for my 91 sedan from this company, its very nice. i did the same when i put them on, dropped it all the way, drove it for a week, scraped on everything untill it knocked my exhaust off and then i jacked it up. lol. dont wait that long.

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
DUUUUUMMPPEED!!!!!!

:thumbs up

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Finally. Now clay bar, polish, hand glaze, and wax that car

The paint will pop out a lot

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks ALL! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Finally. Now clay bar, polish, hand glaze, and wax that car

The paint will pop out a lot
to add to that, I'm also going to buy that duplicolor trim paint and go over ALL the moldings

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
that looks 10000x better man..! :thumbup:

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
seriously...only a drop but i really like youre car. i think you need to wash, polish and wax and put up a new pic. it will look so f**king good.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
verrrrrrrrrrrry nice

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You need mudflaps. I'm on 14's right now and my front mudflaps are riding the ground.

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
looks great man! i have the function and form type 2's. and i absolutely LOVE how they ride...