02civicrider's Build Thread

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Or you could paint the intercooler black. That should work well. I have considered going with a Crower cam + Kpro once I get some money and get my suspension done. How do you like your Crower stage 1 cam?

02civicrider

02civicrider
5+ Year Member
hey man nice ride, was wondering if you had any problems with installing the 2004 rear bumper i was thinking of doing the same but was told it wont fit on a 2002 unless you do some modification

Rear bumper fits without modification.

ohhh sweeeeet :D
Thanks!

Or you could paint the intercooler black. That should work well. I have considered going with a Crower cam + Kpro once I get some money and get my suspension done. How do you like your Crower stage 1 cam?
I could but it would still be visible. I liked the car when I had the cam and k-pro in it. I'm currently running the stage 2 boost cam. Any reason your not considering the stage 2 NA cam?

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Oh read my post, I simply said I considered a Crower cam, didnt say I only wanted Stage 1 :D Just trying to gauge how much you liked the stage 1. What do you plan on doing with that stage 1 now that you are going boost? And this is all just speculation, I have no money :lol: This is just something Im slowly doing some research on until I do get some money.

02civicrider

02civicrider
5+ Year Member
Oh read my post, I simply said I considered a Crower cam, didnt say I only wanted Stage 1 :D Just trying to gauge how much you liked the stage 1. What do you plan on doing with that stage 1 now that you are going boost? And this is all just speculation, I have no money :lol: This is just something Im slowly doing some research on until I do get some money.
Stage 1 cam is long gone. I'm currently running the stage 2 boost cam as we speak. I loved my stage 1. But like they say bigger is better :P. A stage 2 N/A build is a really nice build. It's got some power to it. Stage 2 N/A cam, kpro, crower valve springs/retainers, I/H/E.. Probably would put you up to around 140-150 whp.

02civicrider

02civicrider
5+ Year Member
^^ I've already pulled tunerview out of my car. It's blown my kpro twice now. This time was kinda my fault cause I was lazy and never got around to soldering the wires. Lesson learned I guess :(

02civicrider

02civicrider
5+ Year Member
Finally received my k-pro back today. Felt really good to finally be able to drive the vic again.. Now I need to figure out why my reverse light's aren't working after rewiring them today. Inspection is due next month so I have about 33 days to figure this out.

FlipSkater079

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Must have been expensive to fix/get new kpro or what? Or did you have warranty or something?

02civicrider

02civicrider
5+ Year Member
bad connection? anyways glad to hear kpro is up and running!
All I'm going to say is Tunerview II.....

Must have been expensive to fix/get new kpro or what? Or did you have warranty or something?
You'd think right? To replace the k-pro board only costs 250. Only way to get that price is if you have it shipped back to Hondata. And you have to get thru all their bull s**t tests to try to get it working again before you get a RMA number.

02civicrider

02civicrider
5+ Year Member
^ Good choice.

On another note. Was going to install my new exhaust today then we decided to wait till maybe Sunday so we can get it on a lift. At the same time, I'm going to try to get my IC piping done as well. Might try to get her boosted the following weekend if all goes well this weekend. I drove Bomerman19's car today on 7.5 psi and that just pushed me to finish this asap. I ordered a oil feed line kit today off eBay and a oil drain flange for my turbo today so my oil lines are done. I have -10 AN line already. Also need to take my spare pan to a buddy to get the bung welded to so I can swap the pan's out. Also decided to pull off the top of the tial wastegate I bought to see what size spring it has and it's a 8.5 lbs spring. So unless I wire in my boost controller I will be running 8.5 psi from the beginning.

02civicrider

02civicrider
5+ Year Member
New custom exhaust installed:

OOOO it clears the progress 22mm rear sway ;)

Thought about it....

OEM look out the back:

Well it's been about 3 weeks since I finally boosted the civic. It's been running on 8.5 lbs and so far so good. Had a little issue during the install somehow the connection at the battery terminal that runs to the alternator came undone and the alternator wasn't charging. Took me a few days to finally figure it out. Other than that everything has been great.

Mods:
JDMFabtech Turbo Manifold
Garrett TA34 60 Trim Turbo
Crower Stage 2 Boost Cam
Crower Valve Springs/Retainers
JDMFabtech Downpipe
Tial BOV
Tial Wastegate (8.5 lb spring)
Custom 2.5" cat-back
Stafford Fab Intercooler
Stafford Fab Intercooler Piping
Srt-4 Stage 0 Injectors