02civicrider's Build Thread

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks good. just needs pianted lip and skirts..

engine looks sick, but that intercooler sure hangs low..

EMIIspecED

TEAM OCELOT rep.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
wow dude very impressive, it nice to have an em2 guy that balls deep in information

welcome to cc

02civicrider

02civicrider
5+ Year Member
looking good buddy =)
lookin good my man
Nice, you have some pretty awesome work going on there.
Thanks Guys! :thumbup:

:thumbup:good job saving this car from the rice stage
Hahah yeah.. I didn't have the right guidance I have now when all that went down lol.

looks good. just needs pianted lip and skirts..

engine looks sick, but that intercooler sure hangs low..
I'm going to try to have the lips painted for IA... But right now Boost > Painted lips

wow dude very impressive, it nice to have an em2 guy that balls deep in information

welcome to cc
Lol thanks man. I've learned a lot over the past year..

Well yesterday I finally upgraded my brakes.. I didn't just get new rotors/pads, I bumped it up a bbk. Here's some pics of the install:

Old setup:

Old rotor vs new ;)

New rotors on:

Calipers/Mounting brackets painted:

Mounting bracket on:

U can reuse your stock brake lines:

The pads:

Calipers bolted on:

And the wheels remounted:

This kit will work on wheels from 15" and up. We discovered yesterday when we did mine that if your weights on the back of the wheel are doublestacked it will not clear. We had to pry one layer off and move them and duct tape them back on.. yea i know it's ghetto but it worked. Here's a video I made. It's kinda useless because I didn't get close enough to the camera but I thought it's not every day you get a cop in your video ;D

My car doesn't have abs so I'm still trying to get used to braking. I need a wider tire to help from locking it up. With abs and full on braking my friend said the abs will just go crazy but it doesn't lock up like I do. If you hit the brakes right you can bring the rear end of the ground.

02civiLX21

Cool Build Dude, idk y but that front lip bothers me, maybe how big it is, i liked the old one, sorry to hear u demolished the coon and ur lip as well hehe !

02civicrider

02civicrider
5+ Year Member
Cool Build Dude, idk y but that front lip bothers me, maybe how big it is, i liked the old one, sorry to hear u demolished the coon and ur lip as well hehe !
It took me a while to get used to it. I think once it's painted and I get a set of HFP sides it will look a lot better :thup:

02civicrider

02civicrider
5+ Year Member
Just purchased timing belt component kit, pressure plate bolts, water pump gasket, head gasket, and the water passage gasket that is on the head. Motor is being pulled next Friday. Stay tuned.

02civicrider

02civicrider
5+ Year Member
Well she's up and running strong. Took us a day to get the new motor in. Everything is fine except I'm having a issue with the wideband gauge. Narrowed it down to what I think is a leak around the intake mani. Here's some pics of the install:

And for a idling video:

A little cruising video:

On board video of the bbk:

So atm the car's running on I/H/E, Kpro, Crower Stage 2 Boost Cam and Crower valve springs/retainers.

Today I mocked up my intercooler:

Also got a new hose for the intake and taped up all the exposed wires:

DRISSN

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn dude, that thing looks fantastic! i wish i had the knowledge to do what you've done with your car to mine.

02civicrider

02civicrider
5+ Year Member
Ok so I had a pretty rough weekend. Friday, something in kpro fried, Saturday, I bruised my whole left leg trying to get the crank pulley bolt off while going back to stock cam/ecu, and Sunday, I get a ticket on the way home for exhaust.

I shipped out kpro to hondata today for a diagnostics test so we will see what happens.

02_EP3_<3

Damn dude, rough weekend! never heard of that happening with kpro that sucks. And I didn't think that the evo2 is loud enough to get a ticket!

02civicrider

02civicrider
5+ Year Member
I know. It was actually pretty loud with the cam in it but I was cruising down the interstate after the stock cam went back in. It' cause VA state police are stupid and pulled me for it being shiny. It's fine. I'm taking care of it shortly and they can suck one.

Mandrel 2.5" catback with this muffler:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-630125/

painted matt black.

02civicrider

02civicrider
5+ Year Member
OO it's going to be sleeper.. Picking this up thursday:

Once I go boost it will hide the ic piping on the side. Just need to find a way to hide the intercooler itself. Maybe some black mesh or something in the opening.

yo_danny

question

hey man nice ride, was wondering if you had any problems with installing the 2004 rear bumper i was thinking of doing the same but was told it wont fit on a 2002 unless you do some modification