05 gauge cluster

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
My new cluster had 0 Miles, biggest dealership around central cali couldn't even do it.

firetyphoon1

5+ Year Member
rarely can dealerships send the cluster to a company to reprogram. usually they just put a sticker in the door saying it was replaced. there is a company you can send it to for $150 if you want i can search the address. they have the expensive machine that can plug in and do whatever with it including reflashing the rom chip.

as for the op question, 01-05 dx/vp can swap with any 01-02 lx/ex cluster with tach no problem. but if you want the newer style 03-05 lx/ex with LED lights, you have to rewire the connectors (they still plug in, but the wiring needs to be re-pinned). i have the diagrams somewhere... i did the swap, its easy. just unplug the battery first lol

ok i still dont know if you re-pin from the car wires or the cluster itself im going to buy an 05 cluster and try to re-pin it but not sure is it that hard?? or easy to mess up?

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
not too hard. i stripped a few wires trying to pull them out with pliars. you do the repin on the car harness connector and not the cluster. once youre done, you plug the stock connectors to the cluster and it will work. they have pin poppers that you can use to remove the wire pins. check computer store. you just have to unlock each connector by prying off the plastic locks on the side. then the pins will pull out and you can rearrange them.

WiRi

hey men i have a 2004 coupe dx manual cluster without tach and y had to put a 2005 coupe EX automatic cluster with tach... and i try to plug and play but dosent work.... I did search a lot but i cant find anything about that.... so... i need help... its that possible?