08 Mugen Si, are they numbered?

budget_crx

Honest Officer,That Fast?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I was curious if the 08 Mugen Sis were numbered limited editions. I know they only made 1000, but is there a way too find out which one of a thousand your car is? My old Buick was one of 463, but since it was produced on the same line as the other T Types, it did not have a Edition number to distinguish it from the rest, are the civics the same way? thanks.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
America Mugen Si sedans are not numbered.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you would think they would do that on the mugen si, s**t cost 30k for a civic:shock:

enycesam

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Seriously. I would think they're numbered with a price tag of 30K.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yes, they are numbered i forgot where they put it but the for sure are numbered.

Ek4C707

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yup they are numbered. they have a thread up on 8thcivic.com. everyone on there that has a mugen posts there number up.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I was always informed they were not numbered and hadn't seen one on the model in my local dealership.

Does anyone know where the number is?

DJ N1S

#1 Stunna
5+ Year Member
my brother has the Mugen Si. Al together with finances he he'll pay around 38k. I have the standard si sedan. If i find out here the number is ill post it up on here.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
my brother has the Mugen Si. Al together with finances he he'll pay around 38k. I have the standard si sedan. If i find out here the number is ill post it up on here.

damn for that kind of money i can get me a evo,sti or an s2000 your brother got ripped man

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
damn for that kind of money i can get me a evo,sti or an s2000 your brother got ripped man
maybe if you pay straight cash, but if you finance it's going to be more then that for sure for either of those three cars you mentioned.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I was always informed they were not numbered and hadn't seen one on the model in my local dealership.

Does anyone know where the number is?
:shock: NOFX was wrong for once? :shock:

But yeah, theres a thread on 8thgencivic.com. Its like 10 pages of talk, then someone posts a number, then another 10 pages.

stupidguy10

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i just couldnt justify paying that much money for one of these....yeah theyre mugen but do the few mugen parts really add up to the amount of money you pay extra for one of these? now a mugen RR on the otherhand:D

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So people are saying there is a number, but no one knows where it is now?

I really hope they don't mean the sequence number from the VIN. I figured the OP was talking about something like the badges on an ITR.

So where is it on the Mugen Si?

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it bight be in the vin, but i dont think so because everyone on 8thcivic that gets one and posts says "i just got number BLABLAH!" im sure everyone dont know where in the vin to look for their number.

an7202

5+ Year Member
damn bro 38k is .... ouch thats a lot all good tho if you like it then you deserve it congrats to you bro just take care of that baby

DJ N1S

#1 Stunna
5+ Year Member
^Dang, 38K? That's nuts.
sht I know. All I remember is that I was at the dealership negotiating for my Si and shows me a picture of the Mugen Si...after he ran my credit, he noticed the name of one of my refernces (which was my brother) and goes "Hey, I just sold that Mugen to your brother and his Wife." I dint even know he had it until that day. my Si is a little under 30k

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
it bight be in the vin, but i dont think so because everyone on 8thcivic that gets one and posts says "i just got number BLABLAH!" im sure everyone dont know where in the vin to look for their number.
Well, I stopped by Honda yesterday and looked at our Mugen Si.

The sequence number (last six digits from the VIN) is 700919. I could not find any sort of production number badge anywhere on the car. I can go back and look again if need be. If anyone has any idea about where the badge is, I'll take photos if I can find it.

Either way, a VIN sequence number is not a stamped production number. I thought the OP would be referring to a production number like ITRs and NSX Zanardi Editions have.

We don't know that all Mugen Si sedans were produced in sequence. I have heard that the VIN does not denote that the car is a Mugen edition though. Perhaps Honda has a list of which VINs are the Mugen cars, but there is nothing that separates them by the VIN alone.

So is there really a production number or is there just the sequence number? Perhaps I can collect as many Si sedan VINs and Mugen Si VINs (which will be more difficult to find - but perhaps people will tell me if I ask for this "project"). Then see if there is a common number for the Mugen models or not. Or if the Mugen models were probably produced in sequence or just randomly pulled from the Si sedan line and made into Mugen models.

I'm thinking perhaps people are just posting their partial sequence numbers as production numbers though.