anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
that's the same thing i think is going on amelia.. we don't have a mugen in town so i can't verify

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
that's the same thing i think is going on amelia.. we don't have a mugen in town so i can't verify
I might go back tomorrow and look it over a bit more thoroughly. Yesterday they were moving it back into the showroom after having it outside during a Christmas party for the employees.

I'll have to grab the camera and head over tomorrow though. I actually am supposed to talk to one of the managers about something anyway. Probably be nicer to talk in person. I forgot to call today.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i asked on another forum where there are several mugen owners, im sure someone has an answer. it might just be that the last 3 numbers are in sequence and there isnt a number stamped. thats what i got from scanning over the thread.

DJ N1S

#1 Stunna
5+ Year Member
your car looks awful debadged like that.

that wasnt done by choice. I got "badge jacked" 2 nights strait at my apartment. First the Si was missing, and then the "H" was missing the morning after. I just took off the civic emblem because i thought it looked funny by itself.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i asked on another forum where there are several mugen owners, im sure someone has an answer. it might just be that the last 3 numbers are in sequence and there isnt a number stamped. thats what i got from scanning over the thread.
Well, there were 3,000 made, right? So the last four digits.

I wonder what the full VINs are.

If anyone would like to participate in trying to find out if there are any VIN differences, please message me the following:

- VIN of any known Mugen Si sedan
- VIN of any known Si sedan

I will not make these VINs known to anyone else and the information will only be used to find if there is any sort of pattern to the VINs to differentiate between the Si and Mugen Si trim levels.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i thought there was only 1000. Or is 1000 only in the u.s.
Yeah, there were 1,000. Either way, four digits.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/introduction-pictures/66804-official-mugen-owners-thread-pics-sexytime-6.html
UnlimitedSi said:
I am new here and truly sorry that Mugen owners are upset but your cars are not numbered in any back-to-back sequence. It just has a chassis VIN production number like every other car on the planet. Nor was it declared by Honda that they would be... This misconception was created in the media. Only in media format will you see any mention of these cars being numbered or having "placards". The Mugen package is a kit or add-on. There are no chassis upgrades vis a vis CTR, ITR, etc.

Do you really think the plant ran off 1000 Fiji’s just for Mugen conversion and then went back to business as usual??? Even in the huge Acura plant, TL's are built 50 at time in the same color. The Ontario plant is not NEARLY the same size. You WILL see high VIN's before it's over. All 1000 have not been built... There would be loads of them on lots right now or rotting in the, again, very small Ontario plant.

Sorry and I do not wish to argue or instigate another locked Mugen thread, but Mugens are 1 out of a maximum of 1000 for 2008 per Honda of America. Is that not enough?

I have seen everything from single digits to triple to 1000+. So whoever posted that we should disregard the thousandths place, c'mon... we still appreciate your car, but c'mon.

nub ya'll... ui.
Good points in there. Mugen Si sedans are just an appearance package. They're an option on top of a normal car. The VIN doesn't claim it's a Mugen Si. It's just an Si sedan by the VIN. The only cars I've seen Honda make with production number plates are cars which have more than an appearance add-on package.

There are VINs posted on that page too.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
he was wrong on one thing..the mugen is more than just appearance. not much more, but still more. its got a short shifter, better Mugen suspenion, much lighter wheels, different (not necessarily better) exhaust. i think that was all other than appearance. but yeah, guess it doesnt have a specific number.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
it's still just an "extras" package, unlike a seperately produced vehicle like the zanardi nsx (number 128 or 129 is in indianapolis!)

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
The exhaust sounds amazing.

But that sucks though, you buy an over priced Civic and you dont even get a production number.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I had confirmation from the dealership today that they are not numbered with any sort of plaque.

Btw, if anyone knows anyone looking for a Mugen Si sedan, my local one is still for sale, brand new. Most of it's life as been spent in the showroom. The price just dropped and I figured I'd let anyone know who might be interested.

The sticker price is $36,390.46. The car is currently priced at $28,752. Call Jonathan Cooper at (cell) 360-490-2956 for more information. Tell him Amelia sent you.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that's only 8k more than should be paid.