17" or 18" wheels

supermario25

5+ Year Member
I have a 93 Si HB. I want to get some wheels for my car but i can't decide whether to get 17" or 18". I know 18" would look sick, but i think that 17" would have better handling. If anyone has 17' or 18' on their Hathcbacks please post some pics. Also..later on when i have the funds lol..i want to install a big brake kit so what would a proper offset be for the wheel thanks a lot.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
to big it will look dumb on a hatch

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
16's max. I know some people think the bigger rims you have the more gansta points you get, but really, it's a honda. the wheel wells are way too small for those big rims. just put some 16's on it and lower it 2 inches and it'll look way more gansta than 17's and stock height. or 17's lowered and you rub everytime you either turn your wheel all the way to one side or you go over a speed bump. trust us, we know what we're talking about.
if you wanna put 17's or 18's on a car go get a cadillac or a oldsmobile or something with big wheel wells

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
just get some 15's and slam it , NEVER put big wheels on older civics, like dood said, the wells are to small, and they rub, and just look dumb, and people point and laugh at you

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what r ur plans for ur car?

i had 17's back in the day and had air struts on a civic hatch, but daily driving and handling wise i would say neither..

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^what a waste if an em1^^^ see man, they even had to cut the fenders to make it seem like those rims would fit. just put on 16's. bigger rims will throw off your MPH's and gas mileage too. not too mention bigger rims are more expensive since it's a bigger piece of metal that has to be machined down.
OP, post pics of the rims your thinking of? I'm really just curious to see what your thinking will look good on your car. I know it's you car and whatever makes you happy, but I could use a good laugh.

Deezy

silent partner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:agreed:
16's max. I know some people think the bigger rims you have the more gansta points you get, but really, it's a honda. the wheel wells are way too small for those big rims. just put some 16's on it and lower it 2 inches and it'll look way more gansta than 17's and stock height. or 17's lowered and you rub everytime you either turn your wheel all the way to one side or you go over a speed bump. trust us, we know what we're talking about.
if you wanna put 17's or 18's on a car go get a cadillac or a oldsmobile or something with big wheel wells

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
or a 7th gen

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol i think thats 24's or 26's

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol i do what i can do when i can do it

JUNY

"where you at?"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i mean u could be ballin like this fellow here..

NYGraFFit1

I Tap JdmPrncss
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
someone tried to do that nigga a favor nd shot at his fender's.

should of aimed lower; what a bad shot

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nah man, thats gangsta flair

supermario25

5+ Year Member
Here are some pics for what im going for.....thanks for the input though...there were some funny pics posted lol....

here is A VW I really like the spoked rims ...it goes nice with the whip but i would do all black as you could see from the previous pics...any suggestions with spoked?