'19 wheels

ex96civicex96

5+ Year Member
i want to put some 19 inch wheels in my ej8 but i dont know if they goin to rub when i make a turn?
or would they look too big? those anybody have any 96-00 coupes on 19 inch wheels?

44mag

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have 17"s and they rub like no other

Ominous G2

ClubIntegra.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
19s would look hilarious on a 6th gen, and thats not a good thing. Biggest Ive seen on a 6th gen is 18" and they looked too big. Your tires are going to be about 10 inches wide, so turning is gonna be a pain in the ass. 17s should be the max, leave the big rims for the 300cs and suvs.

r3v0ltcivic

The Ordinator
5+ Year Member
Please dont. They would definately look too big, 17's definately the biggest you want to go.

mhi

I ♥ My Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah..16 or 17 would be perfect....

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hope youre boosted, youll need it to move those suckers on a stock D..

deftone

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can fit em... itll prolly ride like crap and youll need a body kit to help your car look lower. id just go with 18s. with a good suspension setup you wont rub. i never did with my 18s

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Please dont....this will turn into a bad episode of pimp my ride.

efren3

yeah im that cool
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ominous G2 said:
19s would look hilarious on a 6th gen, and thats not a good thing. Biggest Ive seen on a 6th gen is 18" and they looked too big. Your tires are going to be about 10 inches wide, so turning is gonna be a pain in the ass. 17s should be the max, leave the big rims for the 300cs and suvs.
i dont think the tires are 10 inches wide when the wheels for a honda whould be 19x7.5 and i have seen 20inch wheels on civic's 92-up

slammed98hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've had 19" Racing Hart's on my car before (98 hatchback) and it was nearly impossible to turn at a high rate of spend. They rubbed like no other. If it's a DD, i would highly highly suggest you stay away from the 19's. I've seen Civic's with 20s, but it takes serious fabrication work so they don't rub. Go with 18's or smaller.

Ominous G2

ClubIntegra.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
efren3 said:
i dont think the tires are 10 inches wide when the wheels for a honda whould be 19x7.5 and i have seen 20inch wheels on civic's 92-up
19x7.5 would be at least 225, so basically 9 inches wide. I also said "about" 10 inches wide. And those civics couldnt turn for s**t. Tell me you want rims that big when you need to swerve something, like a car pulling out infront of you. Id rather rock 16s and handle like a beast, then rollin on some baller rims.

lilwhitecoupe

Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
mind you 7 years ago fast and the furious was the rage (btw i have the same tach as paul walker in the first one! ) lol rice i know

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My buddy has 17's on his stock 99 coupe and he doesn't rub. He isn't lowered or anything, stock suspension and has about a 2-3 finger gap at all wheels. He doesn't rub at all, even when his wheel is all the way left/right. It just doesn't ride as smooth as my 14" steelies.

I'd go with 15's or 16's.

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I threw some 17's on my car a week ago to see how they would fit. The tires were Potenza 215/45/17 and they rubbed bad when you went to turn.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
put 16" slipstreams on it. That hatch in the pics above is horrible, pure rice.
I have 15" blades on my car and it rubs going up driveways turning, but my car is slammed
Blurry pic, camera is broken.

schutzracing

#1 ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have 18's on my 99 coupe and a set of 17's and neither rubbed.. My boy had 20's on his show car with rolled fenders but the tires were crazy expensive. i dont think they will rub unless u slam it.