1987 RT-AWD WAGOVAN build!!

EastCoastEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i thought it was a long shot. damn, glad i could hook a brotha up. didn't know they were so sought after.
A set sold for $200 about two weeks ago on RPR.com

yeah, the are hardly ever found, much less NIB.

The poor guy didn't even know what he had.

Super nice dude though. He was about to get burned by all the cali-locals.

He got tons of hits on the lights, even after just a few hours.

ODDeb707, you saved the day man!

This kind of teamwork is what this forum is all about!

I owe you a BIG thanks!!

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just pics is all you owe me, watch out for my build. i am acquiring pieces daily.

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Good job with getting the lights man...I am also interested in seeing those pics soon...

EastCoastEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey,
Sorry for the delay in pics. Sans the soon-to-be-reprinted RT-4WD decals and rain-x wipers, here is the finished exterior! Let me know what you think.

Try to picture the car dropped. Just squint your eyes a little bit, and it drops it! =)

Hope you like! More progress to come soon, so stay tuned!

honda22

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow! i got the email notification and saw that there were picks put up needless to say, i was pumped!
looks great needs wheels and a drop
but we know its coming keep it up

hop-1

5+ Year Member
just saw this thread. thats pretty good lookin man. cant wait to see it dropped

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wow...great update...are these rims going to be the ones staying on...for some reason I thought you had some other ones...I looked back a few pages but couldn't find them...

honda22

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^
Pics:

I'm going to paint the mesh gloss black, and then polish the heck out of the lips.

BBS center-caps were missing in action, unfortunately. However, while I was there, I picked up these mint condition center caps from another Honda wheel. i'll cut the tabs off the back of them, glue them, and they should line up rather nicely.

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Rims will look great...two questions though...I thought it was being painted white...looks like a cream color to me from the pics...and why did you not get them to fill in the front license plate mounts...

EastCoastEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks for the feedback guys!

I'm glad to hear that everyone seems to like what is going on.

I didn't fill the front bumper holes because I hope to find an old school Civic license plate
to put there, or just make my own.

Working on the drop and getting tires for the rims.

Fogs on the way, will post pics once installed.

I still owe you interior pics, just haven't had time to install the Nardi stuff, though my hub IS finally here.

D16a1 swap coming very soon. The sooner the better, as this will soon become my daily.

- Dan T.

EastCoastEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Updates...
Sorry for the lack of updates lately.

School started on Tuesday, and starting the new school year off took a lot out of me. I'm teaching K-4 art, for all that are interested. I'm also the band assistant to the upper and middle school, and will be coaching upper school boys basketball this coming winter.

Also, we just had to move out of the apartment and into a new house closer to my school this past week. It was treated poorly by the last tenants, and needed A LOT of work prior to us moving in. We are STILL killing ourselves on getting settled in, and getting everything clean and livable. Its a really nice place though, now that we have brought it back to life, and its a huge step up for us from the apartment. NOW I HAVE MY OWN BACKYARD TO WORK ON AND WASH THE WAGON!

As far as the wago, its sitting outside, just waiting for me to complete the interior.

I did get some more crucial parts though. I meet up with a RPR member this past saturday, and he brought me a cargo cover for the wagon! Also, I picked up a set of Kenwood speakers for my rear pods from him as well. They are practically brand new. The cargo cover's for my 5-door are very hard to come by, especially in such good condition. It is for a blue interior, so I will be spraying it with tan fabric spray. It should come out great though.

Oh, and the fogs came in! Good news: Their are NIB, as described. Bad news: They don't come with the mounting brackets and interior switch. Apparently each model had a kit that you had to buy sperately to accompany the one generic OEM fog set. :roll:

So, let me know if you hear of any fog light accesory kits for a fog kit sold about 22 years ago. :roll::roll:

Come hell or high water, I WILL find that stupid kit!...I hope :(

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sounds good...look like you will still be able to make it next Sunday...

EastCoastEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sounds good...look like you will still be able to make it next Sunday...
ehh, dont know yet....having electrical troubles, alternator still not charging the battery. can't drive at night, 'cause the lights drain the system too much!

when I do the motor swap next month, I hope the new wiring harness will fix this.

I prob. have a bad wire or fuse somewhere.

EastCoastEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Updates:

(1) JDM Shuttle 3-piece lip and sidemarkers are on their way from New Zealand.

(2) Same source is working on the Fog Light dilemma for me, as well as the following:

- Kioto Black Housing Shuttle Headlights and JDM Smoked Corner Lights
- JDM Gauge Cluster
- JDM OEM plastic rain guards (he is having a time finding some!)
- JDM Shuttle Center Console

But, the BIG news is the following:

D16a1 DOHC swap WILL happen, and I am now in the process!

I'm building it now for boost later. Hopefully, Jackson Racing Superchager, in a year or so.

Why D16a1 and not a B or H motor?

1. I can use my existing drivetrain, and keep RT-4WD. Might have to have custom driveshaft made later, for strength. But still!
2. Old school nostalgia. More appropriate to the age of my car.
3. It pretty much bolts right up, no chassis/mount mods are needed.

I have started a thread just for my swap at RPR.com, for those that are interested, or want to follow along and maybe catch knowledge for some of ol' skool experts!

http://www.redpepperracing.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=40388

Here's a pic of the lip!:

Thanks for looking!
- Dan T.

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice updates...

BTW...I tried to PM you last week but your PM box was full...I may be up that way the end of October...

LewisEK

5+ Year Member
This is such an exciting thread, subscribed! Congrats on your daughter to man yer keep this up, can't wait for the drop...