1992 Cx hatch...2005 K20A Type-r swap...

purple_eg6

5+ Year Member
my buddy used to have a type r k20a and it would shut down at 113mph with the jdm ecu it was weird hope your going toget kpro????

Jaydles

Too Honest
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
doesnt look like its gonna happen. Holly bump few post up.

Civic98Talon94

downshifting to 5th gear
5+ Year Member
I am sorry I took so long...but the car is running, and running well.

The first place that I took the car to, to get painted, closed down and the owner did not tell me about it...So, it sat at the place, while closed, while I was at work...When I got home took it to another place, I had all the deents and dings fixed, it has been repainted Championship White, inside and out.

The car is completely gutted, except the dash, door panel, and front seats...I have Enkie 15" RPF1s, on 205/50/15 TOYO Proxyes R1Rs...Oem VIS Carbon fiber hood, new oem front bumper cover...The car has been Dyno tuned, on a DynoJet, it made 231 hp and 168 tq...

Here's a few before paint shots...

I will be home on the 4th, and I'll try to get some recent pics posted on the 5th or 6th...

Last edited:

MugenRR

Banned
I am sorry I took so long...but the car is running, and running well.

The first place that I took the car to, to get painted, closed down and the owner did not tell me about it...So, it sat at the place, while closed, while I was at work...When I got home took it to another place, I had all the deents and dings fixed, it has been repainted Championship White, inside and out.

The car is completely gutted, except the dash, door panel, and front seats...I have Enkie 15" RPF1s, on 205/50/15 TOYO Proxyes R1Rs...Oem VIS Carbon fiber hood, new oem front bumper cover...The car has been Dyno tuned, on a DynoJet, it made 231 hp and 168 tq...

Here's a few before paint shots...

I will be home on the 4th, and I'll try to get some recent pics posted on the 5th or 6th...

dude was up with ppl now a days putting black hoods on their white hatches. im glad i didnt post my car or else i would have boppers on my s**t.

Civic98Talon94

downshifting to 5th gear
5+ Year Member
MugenRR,
You sir, are a F***ing tool. I don't really give a damn, if you don't think I have a K20A type-r...I know that I have one, and so do all my friends. If you look back a page or two, you can see a picture of the K20A sitting beside the stock D-series. Why would I lie about saying I have a K-series, then post a picture of it....HUH ??? I bet you don't even have a MugenRR...I don't see a picture in any of your threads.

Why don't you check out my YouTube page...Search for user name...EGK20AHatch.

barrett

Registered VIP
there is no k20 type r sir. i think it looks super clean when u first got it.
ummm... yes there is a k20 type r... its called the k20a, which the OP has. do some research before hating on everyone's builds. what do you drive?

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
IF you don't decide to swap that bad boy in I know someone who will buy all your stuff....(me) Good luck fellow Alabama member.

Civic98Talon94

downshifting to 5th gear
5+ Year Member
IF you don't decide to swap that bad boy in I know someone who will buy all your stuff....(me) Good luck fellow Alabama member.
Seriously, did you even look at anything I posted...It is in there dude, and that is where it's going to stay...Besides, right now as my car sits, it would take a whole hell of alot of money, to buy it off me...

Where in Alabama are you from ?

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Need to ease up meign. Dang.

I cant see the pics, but the build sounds nice.

oh, btw your sig is kinda off...

You know that you're driving a K20, when you can downshift to 5th gear...

So it wasnt a K20 in my EP3?...dang. I couldv'e swore it was. :roll:

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Seriously, did you even look at anything I posted...It is in there dude, and that is where it's going to stay...Besides, right now as my car sits, it would take a whole hell of alot of money, to buy it off me...

Where in Alabama are you from ?
C'mon dude. How was I supposed to know it was installed? I saw no pictures to back it up. I just saw a picture of it in the floor. And I expect it to be expensive. I paint fighter aircraft so I understand how much it costs and it's no problem. I'm going to do one in the near future. Not like your's is any more special than the next engine.

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
with the kind of money you make Id pay off my house and save that s**t for as long as I can, maybe buy another house on the cheap (for now) and wait until the market picks back up

props on the build, s**t is badass

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah lookin sweet bro. Gotta get some more pics up when u get home. I wanna see that bay, it's probly looking super clean.

Civic98Talon94

downshifting to 5th gear
5+ Year Member
C'mon dude. How was I supposed to know it was installed? I saw no pictures to back it up. I just saw a picture of it in the floor. And I expect it to be expensive. I paint fighter aircraft so I understand how much it costs and it's no problem. I'm going to do one in the near future. Not like your's is any more special than the next engine.
Look man, I'd like to say that I am Sorry, if it sounded like I was being an @SS...I didn't mean for it to come across that way...Look at my Youtube videos...there's one that shows the motor in the bay and running...