1996 Coupe Reliable Build

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's been awhile, so I ended up buying the 2003 CRV EX for $900. I just got the motor this week and she is already on the rack and only thing holding her in is heater hoses and upper engine and trans mounts. I will post pictures later.

yevangelis

eg ek ek
cool cool...

so what are you gonna do with the coupe? It sounds a lot like my ej6.

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
cool cool...

so what are you gonna do with the coupe? It sounds a lot like my ej6.
same reliable GSR build, me and my buddy keep bouncing around the boost idea but I have yet to pull the trigger on anything. After I get the CRV on the road, im just going to slay the y8 I have in my shop to get her moving so I can drive her and see what else she will need.

On to pictures
IMAG2802 by hcw219, on Flickr

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I had to replace all the motor mounts, valve cover gasket, oil pan gasket, intake&exhaust gasket, filters, serpantine belt, fluids, radiator, condensor, radiator fan,(seemed like the crv was in a small fender bender) both LCA, rotors all the was around (pitted from sitting), front bumper cover, front bumper reinforcment. and a vaccumm valve( i broke it being stupid)
20141106_165228 by hcw219, on Flickr
(broken)
20141107_101716 by hcw219, on Flickr
($97 my cost later)

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Had her running for awhile while I was looking around online for tires(someone slashed all four :( )
and she started overheating. At first I thought it was a air pocket so I let her cool down and added not even a quart of coolant. Started her up again then I had a bad Idle surge, so again thinking it was possible IAC not working, so I let her run awhile idle surge went away check engine light came on. P0505, P1505. Thinking I may have a vac leak( didnt see one). Ran the tests to verify IAC if working properly which it asks to clear and hold at 3,000rpms until fans come on and see if codes come back. In my case the fans NEVER came on and I was pushing red on the temp gauge. So looks like monday I will be playing around to find out what the heck is going on.

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Figured out the idle issue I must pulled a wire out of the coolant temp sensor, but its fixed idle surge is gone =). Idle is still alittle high I will adjust that later when I know the transmission is good.

On another note my tires came in I picked up a set of Hankook I-Pikes for the winter time. On to pictures
20141201_170732 by hcw219, on Flickr
20141203_174052 by hcw219, on Flickr
20141203_174035 by hcw219, on Flickr

yevangelis

eg ek ek
ha my brother just finished his black crv and got blizzaks for it

we are honda butties lol

man the idea of boost crossed my mind now that I have all of winter ahead of me but I'm gonna resist for now

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ha my brother just finished his black crv and got blizzaks for it

we are honda butties lol

man the idea of boost crossed my mind now that I have all of winter ahead of me but I'm gonna resist for now
Thanks
Yea I like the tires they look good. I eventually want to get Yokohama Geolanders M/T in a 235/75R15 :twisted:
About the boost im still bouncing that idea around. First I have to finish the CRV. Second im in settlement in for my new house(with a garage for my project civic). Then third project civic gets my attention.

looking good man haha good luck with the build.
Thanks man.

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hope everyone had a great Christmas!!!! So tomorrow is a big day for me I have to go and sign for the new house!!!!!!!!! after that I will be going to get tags on the CRV! Just did a alignment on the CRV, and repaired the windshield squirters harness and hoses(RATS!!!!) They chewed through a lot I guess that was what I get for letting her sit.

20141226_114034 by hcw219, on Flickr
Not sure if I want to polish the headlights up or just save and replace.

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Civic update:

20141209_131856 by hcw219, on Flickr
I HATE ASSHOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Came back to work and found someone put a rock through the rear quarter and driver front glass, then slashed two tires and stole the cheap ass radio that was in the car when I bought it (like autozone junk with a cassette player in it thats how old it was) I have them on video doing it called the cops and they said they could not file a report since the car is not tagged and registered in my name.

20141209_131941 by hcw219, on Flickr
20141210_153659 by hcw219, on Flickr

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So next plan is to hopefully get my bosses subaru done by next week throw the y8 I have in the garage in it to get her moving and get her home quick for anything else happens.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your update is that after over a year, its still just sitting in the driveway?

thendi

Respected
5+ Year Member
I don't understand why the cops couldn't do anything just because it wasn't under your name yet. I mean a crime was committed still, they trespassed on private property, vandalize it, and stole something.

jnewman0910

Respected
Hope you had done more I'm new to the Honda scene and looking to slowly build mine as well 97 ex coupe want to make it a fun fast daily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Your update is that after over a year, its still just sitting in the driveway?
Well with being the only income in my house hold and working two jobs and buying a house and putting my crv on the road first to get to work and my wife and son being first. Yea thats it so far, hopefully updates will be sooner now.

I don't understand why the cops couldn't do anything just because it wasn't under your name yet. I mean a crime was committed still, they trespassed on private property, vandalize it, and stole something.
Since I wasnt the LEGAL owner of the vehicle i could not file a police report for the theft and damage. Yes it sucks but I wasnt about to ask the owner I bought the car from on Craigslist to drive down from PA to file a police report for.

Hope you had done more I'm new to the Honda scene and looking to slowly build mine as well 97 ex coupe want to make it a fun fast daily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea im looking to get more done this summer. What do you have planned for your 97?