1997 Civic Ej8 slow build

Ant408

Cruising In My Ej8
Registered VIP
So heres my ej8 i just got yesterday its got no name headers,intake,muffler,and short shifter. i have plans on a new grill and headlights if anyone has either for cheap let me know i hate the lights on here now. its got a bone stock D16y8 dont think ima mod the engine to much but idk yet we'll see. dont know what to do yet,ideas are welcome. im going to strip the paint off the rims tomorrow and then later paint em black. looking for new tires tho cuz the back tires are bad.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks like a nice car!

Needs a new grill and a front lip and black wheels would look nice.

Headlights dont look too bad...

emerican

Registered VIP
welcome to the site
feel free to pm me if you have any questions or problems
im liking it man if you want some ideas or to see how some things look on that specific car check out my build thread the link is in my signature.
if the intake is also no name brand i would change the filter out for sure
i defintly like the car man its defentily a nice start with a boat load of potential.
I havent seen si's painted black or if i have i dont remember so like to see how that comes out

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:welcome:...

emerican

Registered VIP
your welcome man
if you dont mind me asking what did you give for her?
and how many miles are on it?
if the exhaust dosent sound like you want or you just want to go full cat back then i highly remcomed the yonaka i have it as do alot of members on here. Its cheap; however is good quality and sounds great.

Ant408

Cruising In My Ej8
Registered VIP
its got 169000 and i paid 2400. i actually like the exhaust it sound good with a nice rumble but not too much but once i get more money ima look into new headers and full exhaust

emerican

Registered VIP
thats not bad at all man shes got plenty of miles left to be put on there by you.
and at least it sounds good man im glad to hear you like it.
when you look into the exhaust look up the Yonaka catback i love it.
I have the megan racing header some people hate on it, but its inexpensive and ive never had any problems out of it what so ever.

Ant408

Cruising In My Ej8
Registered VIP
thats not bad at all man shes got plenty of miles left to be put on there by you.
and at least it sounds good man im glad to hear you like it.
when you look into the exhaust look up the Yonaka catback i love it.
I have the megan racing header some people hate on it, but its inexpensive and ive never had any problems out of it what so ever.
Ya she has alot of life left its a good project car too,also my first manual tranny car. But ive heard good things about yonaka catbacks and ive always like alot of megan products so ill deff check em out

emerican

Registered VIP
as far as sound and quality i love my exhaust setup.
megan 4-2-1 header megan test pipe and yonaka catbacl
Not the most expensive set up in the world, but thats prolly another reason i love it lol,

Ant408

Cruising In My Ej8
Registered VIP
as far as sound and quality i love my exhaust setup.
megan 4-2-1 header megan test pipe and yonaka catbacl
Not the most expensive set up in the world, but thats prolly another reason i love it lol,
haha ya who doesnt love inexpensive things. btw do you know a good place to get a budget friendly grill ive found some nice ones but their way to expensive for me right now.

emerican

Registered VIP
they will come in plain black you will have to paint match it to the color of your car.