1997 Civic Ej8 slow build

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I definitely prefer the Type-R over the Mugen. The Mugen lip makes the front end of the car look square and dumb.. just in my opinion :P
See that's funny. I want to go Spoon from my R style. I guess Spoon is a little different though.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
See that's funny. I want to go Spoon from my R style. I guess Spoon is a little different though.
The Spoon lip is different. Still not my favorite lip, but much better than the Mugen.

Ant408

Cruising In My Ej8
Registered VIP
so i removed the plasti dip from the si's added a emblem to the grill and finally put the lip back on

Ant408

Cruising In My Ej8
Registered VIP
havent updated in awhile cuz i dont have the money for mods but yesterday i was on the freeway and the slow lanes here are ridiculously f***ed up. there is cracks and huge pot holes everywhere. so i was about to get off so i had to get in the slow lane and i went over a part that was all cracked and half ass filled and didnt feel anything wrong but started hearing a ticking noise that sounded like something was in the passenger side ac vent. i was on my way to tour this place regarding a job so i couldnt pull over and investigate. when i got to the place i was messing around with the vents and panels on the door and looked under the hood and found nothing. so when i get out i just decided to put my hand on the inside of the tire and i felt something hanging. the tire felt like it had a tear but it wasnt losing air so i drove like a old lady home and then inspected it and found this
it was like that the whole way around,the whole inside was torn. so i had to buy new tires all around cuz the front driver side had gone bald on the inside and one of the rear was really bald. i got 195/50(wanted 205/50 but they didnt have 4 new)all around for $315 mounted and balanced not a bad deal but there went my coilover money :(

here's how she looks now you probably wont notice but if you look at the older pics you can see the difference

Ant408

Cruising In My Ej8
Registered VIP
just ordered some koni str.t and some lowering springs cant wait till they get here

Ant408

Cruising In My Ej8
Registered VIP
today i was getting ready to change the oil in the civic. i grab my scissor jack and started jacking up the front end and i got it high enough to slide a jack stand under it and as i went to reach for it a noticed the car move in the rear then bam the jack collapsed :shock: i was so lucky to not be under the car but i only work under the car with stands but its still crazy. i have some good news though. i got word my lowering springs will be here on thursday and the shocks monday,i know no one really checks this out but i will have a nice update when they come in.
the dent by the fender was already there,there was no damage to the car luckly

Ant408

Cruising In My Ej8
Registered VIP
just got my konis but its to late in the day so i have to wait till thrusday to install em

i rotated the pic but for some reason it showed up sideways

Ant408

Cruising In My Ej8
Registered VIP
installed my rear koni/springs but started late in the day so i couldnt get the front done but i will on my next day off. i will probably take more pics tomorrow

new vs old

Ant408

Cruising In My Ej8
Registered VIP
update

havent been on here in awhile but i no longer have the civic. i sold it and went looking for a hatch or an integra but couldnt find anything but i did find this 98 g20 i paid 1900 i think its a steal. i bought it with the lip not paint and the grill was also the wrong color so i painted both and removed the chrome on the grill

just a lil update

randoaus000

I like your car! Ive got a 99 Dx Coupe that im trying to find out where to start putting my money. Im pretty tight on my budget but im just trying to make sure that I dont cheaply modify it. And it has an auto... :( I wish i had a 5 speed or a B16a2. What have you started doing to yours since the post?