Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome:

Looks good! Does that air freshener actually smell like bacon? :lol:

And that sucks your Si got stolen... f**k thieves!

conor97hx

:welcome:

Looks good! Does that air freshener actually smell like bacon? :lol:

And that sucks your Si got stolen... f*** thieves!
Yeah it does, when I have the heater on it smells like cooked bacon. I usually hate air fresherners but i couldnt hold back on this one.

Got new plugs, air filter, oil change, pads, and shoes the other day. Need to get new drums and rotors and replace both cv axle boots this weekend.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
First of all, welcome aboard fellow '97 HX owner.

Secondly, would you be able to post a side shot of your Civic? Ive had the same rear trunk spoiler sitting around for months, contemplating whether or not to install it. I need to see its side profile before I finally decide to install or sell it.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
HeX always asking for side pics lol

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
HeX always asking for side pics lol
:lol: Its part of my decision-making process. Civic rears are so much higher than the front. I dont want to make it look too tall in the back.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
working on the car And babysitting. :cool: :thumbup:

conor97hx

:lol: Its part of my decision-making process. Civic rears are so much higher than the front. I dont want to make it look too tall in the back.
Why not just put it on for a couple of days and see if you like it and take it back off if you dont? It's only four bolts and the third brake light wires.

What's your typical gas mileage like? I'm getting 290-320 it feels like it should be more, or is it just me?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why not just put it on for a couple of days and see if you like it and take it back off if you dont? It's only four bolts and the third brake light wires.
Drilling five holes in my trunk lid is not a logical way to "test fit" something temporarily.

What's your typical gas mileage like? I'm getting 290-320 it feels like it should be more, or is it just me?
I average approximately 39-40 MPG. Calculate your miles per gallon correctly to have an exact number. Blurting out 290-320 miles traveled without providing at least an approximate amount of gallons is useless.

conor97hx

Drilling five holes in my trunk lid is not a logical way to "test fit" something temporarily.

True, I figured they were already on the trunk.

I average approximately 39-40 MPG. Calculate your miles per gallon correctly to have an exact number. Blurting out 290-320 miles traveled without providing at least an approximate amount of gallons is useless.
About 8.5 gallons. Most I've gotten is 350 on 9 gallons.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
About 8.5 gallons. Most I've gotten is 350 on 9 gallons.
Once again, correctly calculate your miles-per-gallon for 4-5 fill-ups then get back to us. That will establish a reasonable overall average. Its pointless to complain about something you're not even calculating correctly out of laziness. Also factor in your driving tactics. If you drive like a stupid teenager with a heavy foot then you'll definitely lessen your efficiency. Drive it like an HX, not an SI.

conor97hx

Hmm..just did the calculation. I think it's right anyway. 320 miles on 8 gallons costing 2.89 a gallon comes to around 37. I don't know why I'm complaining. Maybe it's because I drive a lot.

And yeah, it's been a learning curve going from a semi-built gsr to the single cam. But I have been slowly changing my driving habits. Come around New Years we are taking her on her first cross country trip so that will be fun.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hmm..just did the calculation. I think it's right anyway. 320 miles on 8 gallons costing 2.89 a gallon comes to around 37. I don't know why I'm complaining. Maybe it's because I drive a lot.
37 is a respectable MPG average. Keep in mind the HX gas tank holds just 11.4 gallons, which is smaller than the average car. If you havent done so yet, consider cleaning out the EGR chamber. That may get you a few more MPG.

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It looks like the two of us have similar/same radios, conor97hx :D

Nice work, I look forward to future updates :thumbs up

.. Are the windows tinted? If so, with what and do you care for it?

Last edited:

conor97hx

It looks like the two of us have similar/same radios, conor97hx :D

Nice work, I look forward to future updates :thumbs up

.. Are the windows tinted? If so, with what and do you care for it?
Thanks man, and yeah the tint and radio both came with the car. Honestly, i just spray invisible glass on it and obviously wash it when I clean the rest of the car. Never done anything special and it holds just fine. No bubbles so far