Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Never understood the radio deletes...

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just finished reading your whole build thread, I've read it for the past couple days at work on breaks. You should be very proud of yourself for taking that kind of initiative and doing such a good job on you build and swap. If more ppl took that kind of time on theyre builds then here wouldn't be half done rides around, but also the quality ones wouldn't stand out as much, like yours!

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just finished reading your whole build thread, I've read it for the past couple days at work on breaks. You should be very proud of yourself for taking that kind of initiative and doing such a good job on you build and swap. If more ppl took that kind of time on theyre builds then here wouldn't be half done rides around, but also the quality ones wouldn't stand out as much, like yours!
Thank you man! I consider myself a perfectionist. It can be good and bad, but I think it definitely help when building a car.

JDM 94 EG Hatch

Initial D
Registered VIP
Also, this is one of the reasons I've been so busy for the last couple weeks. One of my final projects for physics was a trip to Hershey Park and a full analysis on a roller coaster. Here is my model:

Can't wait to graduate! 7 days![/QUOTE]

4 more days for me too! ahh i want it to be over. i should be studying but HIN and XDC is in town today im going.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Does anyone have any tips for cleaning the cylinder block surface where some of the old head gasket is left. I didn't clean it the first time and I think that could have been part of the problem.

In other news, I sold both my sets of rims...

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Plastic/Metal razor blades and gasket remover.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Plastic/Metal razor blades and gasket remover.
Alright, I'll stop by autozone today and get some gasket remover. I don't want to use a metal razor blade because I might scratch the surface, but I'll see what they have in terms of plastic ones. Thanks!

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Use some emery cloth to get the last of the gasket off. It gives a good clean surface for the gasket.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thank you, its more old than new but yeah =) lol. im liking the build so far, sorry to see the swap go wrong but itll straighten out. good luck on exams!
Thanks man! Same to you.

Use some emery cloth to get the last of the gasket off. It gives a good clean surface for the gasket.
I bought some gasket remover and a plastic scraper at Auto Zone that I'm going to try tonight.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a metal razor will be fine if you arent to crazy with it. higher quality gasket scrapers look similar to a pry bar actually but sharper and much smaller. you just need to be careful.

i like using a angle grinder and the green wizard wheels by 3M but not everyone can get them

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
a metal razor will be fine if you arent to crazy with it. higher quality gasket scrapers look similar to a pry bar actually but sharper and much smaller. you just need to be careful.

i like using a angle grinder and the green wizard wheels by 3M but not everyone can get them
Aren't you worried about stuff getting into the coolant jackets and the oil ports?