1999 civic si: how to get 200 hp?

Alec95

So I have recently purchased a black 1999 honda civic si. i am really excited to get started on this thing! At the moment it is 100% bone stock. i refuse to rice this thing up with body kits and spoilers. I know that stock the b16a2 are respectable, but i want more (like everyone on this forum). so any sugestions (engine or cosmetic) will be very much appreciated! Thanks!:suprise:

vtac_ej6

Booooosssstttt

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Alec95

i am new to the civic and boost world, so like a supercharger? really dont want to turbo it

yamaharider324

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:welcome:

First thing I'd do is just search around on here looking at other peoples cars to get ideas of what you like, it's your car after all. As for 200 hp the easiest thing to make that goal would be to turbo.

Oh and post pics of your car!

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they make superchargers for them as well if you'd rather not have the extra plumbing in the engine bay.

most people on this site would suggest jdm stock style body modding. even though in japan the cars look crazy and way more interesting.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
we can't see your google attachments. u need to save the picture to your computer and upload it to imageshack or imgur and then past the link inside

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
looks nice and unmolested. congrats on your new car

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this
PHP:
[IMG]http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg163/scaled.php?server=163&filename=photo1tny.jpg&res=medium[/IMG]
[IMG]http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg543/scaled.php?server=543&filename=photofwo.jpg&res=medium[/IMG]
makes this

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks like my car when I first got her =) lol

Google "b20v" doing the frankenstein swap will put you pretty close to 200whp with a few upgraded internal parts.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i guess the question is... what's your budget?

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Quickest way to breaking the 200 mark without boost is a block swap. You need a bigger bottom end. Either a b18 or b20 short block with some mild upgrade work to the hardware, like bearings and rod bolts. After that, intake, headers, exhaust, and tune should get you at/near 200. If you change out pistons and rods for higher compression you can guarantee 200

Or go the badass route, and boost the b16. 200 is easy-peasy with boost. You'll start shooting for 300 real quick.

Last edited:

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks like you're rocking a b16a2. A small turbo should do the trick and push you past 200. Save your money and don't waste it on bolt-on parts... not really worth it imo.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Since you already have a vtec head and wired for vtec, an ls/vtec or b20/vtec build would be the most cost-effective route to go for N/A, but if you want to boost then its pretty easy to reach 200+++.

Oh and check out em1crew.com.