200 miles on a full tank?

ryanM

you guys must not know how to drive. i regularly drove 400 miles on a full tank in my 99 EX coupe. best i ever got was 430 miles.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My kid just put in 7.85 gallons and had 325 miles on it. 41.5 mpg, Not bad for an em1 with an ex tranny and block topped with an hx head. Thats with a cel for the primary o2 sensor.
Wait, what?!

enycesam

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks guys for all the input, i'll see what happens.

The Russian

Mugen Wannabe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Must say mine drinks through petrol like a b***h, i can barely get 200 out of my tank, i think 90 takes half of it, then again half of that 90 was going 70 - 80mph in 5th down the motorway / freeway, so that might account for my first half a tank of petrol haha

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you guys must not know how to drive. i regularly drove 400 miles on a full tank in my 99 EX coupe. best i ever got was 430 miles.
:word:.

I drive WOT a lot cuz I'm ballin and like to hear my intake :cool: :pimp:. But I average 300-350 per tank every time.

ludakrishna420

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
WHAT???? When i owned my EX I drove 200 miles daily and would still have a LITTLE bit more than half left and got almost 400 miles on a full tank. (cruise @ 60 & 70 on freeway)

Redbone

Movin on up...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i am usually gettin around 250 with a GSR in my ej8 and the A/C on in this over 100 degree heat. get over 300 if I leave the A/C off the whole time.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
SHIIITTTTT my DX is gettin 410 miles on 87 fuel, lol

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
when you guys talk about gettin 400 to a tank, is that 400 miles when the gas light comes on or 400 miles when the car almost completely runs out of gas?

Ag00Civic

5+ Year Member
I got 480 when my gas light came on...that was driving 70mph to houston and back in my 5spd EJ8. I average about 315 with 10.xx gal also.

RedLine42

High Speed
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Like I said I can get a 300+ on a tank with both city and highway driving.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if i fill my tank up ALLLLLL THE WAY, to where the pump stops me, i can get 410 miles...and thast where the needle is below the E, but the gas gause hasnt come on yet...i dont like letting cars go below a 1/4 tank casue thats how u clog filters and s**t from all the crap form the bottom of ur gas tank. but when i first bought it, thats what i did...and that was in Decmeber doin about 75 in WV, with No AC and windows up, i went from Baltimore MD to Pickaway WV on one tank

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
change your primary 02 and u should be good to go

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The best I've gotten with like 98% city and 2% highway was 360 miles and still had just under a gallon left. Could've squeezed 400 if I tried.

wmertz

~multi-colored beast~
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i recently filled my crx si (d16a6) pretty much near full and i only got 190 near empty now.. i was expecting a bigger number.

So i plan on changing the fuel filter, spark plugs, and try some of the mixture

jdmjdm

5+ Year Member
ok so ive had my ej7 for a couple of months now and isn't it supposed to be a gas saving car? for the past couple of months, ive been only getting about 200 miles on a full tank of gas. if im lucky, i'll hit 250 max. now ive heard some of you get at least 300 miles on a full tank. so what might be the problem here? i've maintained my car by changing the plugs and tranny fluid and all since i bought her and have done regular oil changes. so what might be the problem? thanks.
air/fuel ratio

supermonkeyball

5+ Year Member
I get 299.4 miles on a full tank of gas in my 97 honda civic hatchback, gets about 25.66 miles per gallon.
the tank is 11 gallons, but i had to stop and get gas twice to get the accurate ratio.
This was all city driving as well, about 40mph, with a few stop lights and then 45 to 60mph with some more stop lights.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I get 299.4 miles on a full tank of gas in my 97 honda civic hatchback, gets about 25.66 miles per gallon.
the tank is 11 gallons, but i had to stop and get gas twice to get the accurate ratio.
This was all city driving as well, about 40mph, with a few stop lights and then 45 to 60mph with some more stop lights.
You should be getting more than that I believe.