2000 Honda Civic Dx Project

sikswic

Black Caulk or White?
Alright people so yesterday i decided to work on my front bumper and tried to customize my grille. It came out okay.

Im pretty happy with the results. Next is to do the back bumper and order some lips!

sikswic

Black Caulk or White?
Ive thought about the front grille and im going to just order an si grille. i tried to customized it but an si grille would look 10 times better. also im going to get rid of all the blue on the wiper arms and mesh

sikswic

Black Caulk or White?
Lol my favorite part about the previous owner of this car is that they bought a civic dx, essentially the base model of base models, the cheapest you can go, and put lambo doors on it. Seriously??
i sold the lambos to some guy that had a rusted out civic, he thought they were the coolest things ever and in my mind i was like *MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*

sikswic

Black Caulk or White?
Sooo my engine s**t to bed on my way to work today. Luckily I have another y7 so thats going in possibly the day after tomorrow or some sort.

Ice Cream Kid

Aw man, y7....I mean as long as you've got a broken down civic with no engine you could always upgrade >.> that is, assuming this isn't your daily and you actually do need this thing ._.

sikswic

Black Caulk or White?
Aw man, y7....I mean as long as you've got a broken down civic with no engine you could always upgrade >.> that is, assuming this isn't your daily and you actually do need this thing ._.
It is my daily so that is why im putting a y7 in it haha. Itll be my first swap ive ever done butttt im trying to find someone whos got a picker without buying a brand new one but I have no luck so far. These next three days I have off so hopefully ill get it done in time til I have to go back to work

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Was gonna say, before you chop up your OEM grill to just pick up an Si grill and sell the OEM to offset some of the cost. I kept both on the grounds of I've seen some pretty sick Civics rockin OEM grills, so I'd like the option of either.

How's the swap goin? Nice that you had an extra motor for it. Old one scrap, or can be fixed easy? Sell it for parts / sensors and crap. Make more than selling it outright or scrap.

sikswic

Black Caulk or White?
Was gonna say, before you chop up your OEM grill to just pick up an Si grill and sell the OEM to offset some of the cost. I kept both on the grounds of I've seen some pretty sick Civics rockin OEM grills, so I'd like the option of either.

How's the swap goin? Nice that you had an extra motor for it. Old one scrap, or can be fixed easy? Sell it for parts / sensors and crap. Make more than selling it outright or scrap.
The swap is a very slow process. Just have to pull the axles out and then the engine. I still have a lot to work on. Gotta swap everything off the old to the new also. Its been a very stressful week so im trying to layback from it and relax but I also need to get it done asap. Not sure what im going to do with my old engine.

sikswic

Black Caulk or White?
*UPDATE*

My cars been running mighty fine. Compression is good and it feels good to know I did my first swap with no problems.

Also decided to paint my valve cover and carved some stupid s**t into it. Probably will repaint it but I dunno.

Next up is to fix up my stock rear bumper and slap it on. Ill be starting on it later today!

CO671

Registered VIP
It's turning out better than it started ! Do what makes you happy, but also listen the advice from the veterans here and on other forums. Sometimes it may seem like you're being sucked in to conform with them, but I learned a lot from these guys and on Honda-Tech that made my old Civic better than I thought. Also check out this thread I made but never fully finished for some inspiration/ideas:
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=219682

Now that it's running, what do you have in plan next after the bumper?

sikswic

Black Caulk or White?
It's turning out better than it started ! Do what makes you happy, but also listen the advice from the veterans here and on other forums. Sometimes it may seem like you're being sucked in to conform with them, but I learned a lot from these guys and on Honda-Tech that made my old Civic better than I thought. Also check out this thread I made but never fully finished for some inspiration/ideas:
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=219682

Now that it's running, what do you have in plan next after the bumper?
I plan on getting lips, getting new doors and fenders cause they are dented and then im thinking of getting a fresh paintjob. Then during the wintertime im going to do another swap but put in either a b16 or h22

sikswic

Black Caulk or White?
First photoshoot ever with my buddies.

My 2000 honda civic dx
Friends had a 98 honda accord j30a1 and the other a 2011 impreza 2.5i

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That rear bumper is just an eye sore to me, personally. It makes it look like your car has a full diaper. Keep it up otherwise. Big difference from B16 to H22, what are the goals for the car? Just a DD / weekend warrior?

sikswic

Black Caulk or White?
just a dd so far. were going to do another shoot with a local shop and his boosted eg. ill post pics up tomorrow