Status
Not open for further replies.

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so...you've had 2 hours to put up the pics..........where they at?

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jezek said:
so...you've had 2 hours to put up the pics..........where they at?
Shes on track to be the female EF_Case......All talk. :lol:

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
WTF.... this thread is huge...i just read somthing about how you have a b18c5 now in your garage..?

:???:

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i demand pics now...

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
emilyfersure said:
Uhm.. As of 8 am this morning... Theres something nifty sitting in my garage... b18c5.. I have no clue where my dad got it.. I just walked out there to get my phone outta my car.. and happened to look over.. and.. WHOA!.. so i called my dad.. he told me what it was and.. yup. thats the moral of the story.
can we switch dads for a lil bit???

oh and btw, to post pics, go to www.photobucket.com, sign up, and its pretty much self-explanatory from there. its very easy to follow. use the

Slick_99

RIP 99'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wish my daddy would buy my a B18C5 like that. Still stuck with the incredibly fast tortoise motor Y7.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
and im still stuck with my stock y8. i wish i could find a f'n job here at college. hell id honestly be set with just aem sri, dc 4-2-1, and rs*r exmag (need cat) performance wise.

although id like skunk2 stage1 cams, cam gears, new valvetrain, new clutch and flywheel, pistons, shocks, springs, struts, sways, rims, mugen lip, type r grill, jdm oem style fogs, and diy ctr headlights (too stupid and lazy and pussy to do it on my own)

Slick_99

RIP 99'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
amej8 said:
and im still stuck with my stock y8. i wish i could find a f'n job here at college. hell id honestly be set with just aem sri, dc 4-2-1, and rs*r exmag (need cat) performance wise.

although id like skunk2 stage1 cams, cam gears, new valvetrain, new clutch and flywheel, pistons, shocks, springs, struts, sways, rims, mugen lip, type r grill, jdm oem style fogs, and diy ctr headlights (too stupid and lazy and pussy to do it on my own)
Opted to stay home for college, make 50k a year in real estate and am a full time student. Hows that for ya?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
job here at school as follows:
Basic Duties: Move equipment, books, furntiture.
Job Requirements: Ability to lift 30 lbs and to carry manual labor. Hand trucks and lifts will be provided as well as supervision.
...pays $9/HR

stupid b***h hasn't returned my e-mail for a week so im goin down there first thing monday. just 15 hours a week for that job until im out may would give me ~1200 (with taxes if there even are any). and if i could work that job w/o my parents knowing............

Regal

5+ Year Member
Hey, as I'm sure a lot of you expected, this thread is getting linked around to other Honda boards, and I just registered after reading it to throw my $.02 in.

I think you guys shouldn't be so quick to discard what the one guy was saying about the possibility that the car isn't really an Si. The Carfax and VIN number mean nothing in the case of a VIN swap, nor does the idea that it would be a waste of money to do it! Lemme give you a scenario where it would make sense to some scumbag to do this, and how he'd accomplish it:

Say the guy drives an Si and wrecks it due to stupidity and isn't covered for collision. In order to recoup his money in a shady way, he could buy a cheap or salvaged EX coupe (or steal one) and swap in his interior and whatever body panels weren't damaged. After that, he can simply have the rest of the car painted (probably by a friend or himself) and swap the VIN over. The carfax would show a clean title on for that VIN because he never reported the accident. He can then keep the B16 for his next car or sell it separately, and sell the "Si" for $9k...only slightly less than what his car would have been worth in perfect condition.

I don't necessarily think this is the case, but I can't imagine not checking the other locations where the VIN is etched. My guess is the guy just blew his motor and picked up a $500 D16 to sell the thing to unsuspecting buyer. If so, he's taking a major hit on this car after giving back the $3k! Guy sells the thing to avoid buying a $2k swap, and ends up with $4k under book value. I'll bet he learned his lesson on that. =)

Random question for the original poster- where are you getting a B18C5 with that $3250? That's nuts...or is your dad putting extra cash up? If so, why? Since you don't seem TOO concerned with speed, why not grab a B16 for $2xxx and keep the extra money?

civicsi03 said:
sell the b18c5 , i can get you a k24 with 6 speed swap for 2300 $

k series > b series..
Absolutely impossible for the money she has to work with. K swaps are nowhere near as straight forward as bolting in another B. It takes thousands and thousands of dollars to get it done correctly. Just because there are mount kits available doesn't mean it's easy!

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
regal said:
Random question for the original poster- where are you getting a B18C5 with that $3250? That's nuts...or is your dad putting extra cash up? If so, why? Since you don't seem TOO concerned with speed, why not grab a B16 for $2xxx and keep the extra money?
answered:

emilyfersure said:
Yeah.. he didn't pay anything. something about some sort of trade or something... gosh, im useless here... im sorry!

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Regal said:
Hey, as I'm sure a lot of you expected, this thread is getting linked around to other Honda boards, and I just registered after reading it to throw my $.02 in.

I think you guys shouldn't be so quick to discard what the one guy was saying about the possibility that the car isn't really an Si. The Carfax and VIN number mean nothing in the case of a VIN swap, nor does the idea that it would be a waste of money to do it! Lemme give you a scenario where it would make sense to some scumbag to do this, and how he'd accomplish it:

Say the guy drives an Si and wrecks it due to stupidity and isn't covered for collision. In order to recoup his money in a shady way, he could buy a cheap or salvaged EX coupe (or steal one) and swap in his interior and whatever body panels weren't damaged. After that, he can simply have the rest of the car painted (probably by a friend or himself) and swap the VIN over. The carfax would show a clean title on for that VIN because he never reported the accident. He can then keep the B16 for his next car or sell it separately, and sell the "Si" for $9k...only slightly less than what his car would have been worth in perfect condition.

I don't necessarily think this is the case, but I can't imagine not checking the other locations where the VIN is etched. My guess is the guy just blew his motor and picked up a $500 D16 to sell the thing to unsuspecting buyer. If so, he's taking a major hit on this car after giving back the $3k! Guy sells the thing to avoid buying a $2k swap, and ends up with $4k under book value. I'll bet he learned his lesson on that. =)

Absolutely impossible for the money she has to work with. K swaps are nowhere near as straight forward as bolting in another B. It takes thousands and thousands of dollars to get it done correctly. Just because there are mount kits available doesn't mean it's easy!
You do know that there's a VIN STAMPED on the unibody, correct? Do you venture to say that someone got an EX.... filled in the old stamped VIN, added rear disc brakes, added upgraded suspension, repainted the car, swapped in the D16Y8 (I'm imagining that it was entirly stripped initially), and covered the car in assorted appropriate badging plus added all stock information stickers..... just to make it look like a real Si?

More likely the previous owner blew the motor and replaced it with a cheaper alternative. The simplest solution is often the correct one.

I've mentioned the info about the K-series swaps several times over, but what do I know... I'm just a person that likes to show off how much she knows and I'm probably just hating anyway. :lol:

Regal

5+ Year Member
NOFX said:
You do know that there's a VIN STAMPED on the unibody, correct? Do you venture to say that someone got an EX.... filled in the old stamped VIN, added rear disc brakes, added upgraded suspension, repainted the car, swapped in the D16Y8 (I'm imagining that it was entirly stripped initially), and covered the car in assorted appropriate badging plus added all stock information stickers..... just to make it look like a real Si?
Regal said:

I don't necessarily think this is the case, but I can't imagine not checking the other locations where the VIN is etched.
My guess is the guy just blew his motor and picked up a $500 D16 to sell the thing to unsuspecting buyer. If so, he's taking a major hit on this car after giving back the $3k! Guy sells the thing to avoid buying a $2k swap, and ends up with $4k under book value. I'll bet he learned his lesson on that. =)
You're saying the same thing I'm saying, basically. The point of my post, though, is that switching the parts over would be well worth the hassle for someone in certain situations. Car thieves do stuff like that all the time, it's not beyond reason. I posted because people were shrugging off the idea of checking the other VIN locations, which doesn't make sense to me.

Oh and two random things from scanning the previous page...no Civics are EKs in the US (not even the hatches) and the Si and EX spoilers are not the same. Although I have no idea what that debate was about...some guy citing disc brakes and spoilers in terms of weight distribution? Haha!

emilyfersure said:
I have no clue... Once my parents come home from breakfast.. Ill ask.. i think he said 99..I wasn't really listening though... its too early.
It's not a B18C5 if it's a 99, unless your dad has heLLa 37337 JDm h00KUpz y0 ;)

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
97-98 2000 type R B18C5 3G - DC 1797 10.6 : 1 195 @ 8000 rpm 130 lb/ft @ 7500 rpm USA
95-00 type R B18C5 3G - DC 1797 11.0 : 1 197 @8000 rpm 134 lb/ft @ 7500 rpm Japan

I assumed her dad has a geuine JDM type R

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Astheros said:
I assumed her dad has a geuine JDM type R
yeah that someone just happened to have laying around to trade :lol:

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
yeah that someone just happened to have laying around to trade :lol:
:werd:

somthing smells funny in this thread

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
and she hasnt been back to post pics yet y?

HP Civic 2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:

More likely the previous owner blew the motor and replaced it with a cheaper alternative. The simplest solution is often the correct one.

I've mentioned the info about the K-series swaps several times over, but what do I know... I'm just a person that likes to show off how much she knows and I'm probably just hating anyway. :lol:
Actually...I know many shady f**ks that have done the same thing...They had an Si that wasnt exactly legit, bought a wrecked Si with the title, and registered the hot Si under the wrecked Si's VIN number. I am no thief by ANY standards...But this s**t isnt hard lol

xdr3amx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:

xdr3amx said:
You would not try to make a fake SI and say it is one and paint it and waste all that money. changing the vin and all that also, and the reason is that on the firewall there is a vin that you can't hide or change. Its stamp into the car if you can paint over it but your nto going to unstamp the letters
already been said
NOFX said:
PS - Guess this means you're not allowed to use the chassis codes, color codes, motor codes, or any other specs I've written up. You know... since it's just me trying to prove that I know more than YOU. Yes, I'll gamble on that. Guess it's kinda rough figuring out a girl knows more about your car than you do.
Just because you went online and found the chassis codes, color codes, motor codes doesn't prove anything besides you know how to used the internet to find chassis codes, color codes, motor codes. i think knowing how to work on a car doing a swap, fixing problems, knowing you have problems is more important than knowing information one can find online. Eventhou you need both.

But yea this girl need to give us more information and proof. but who cares at this piont right, if it's all lies or stupidity at the end it's the freakin internet take it for what it's worth a good story made up or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.