2001 Civic EX

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
O.o i'm thinking about getting one my self to drive around when it snows so i can put my civic in the storage for deep hibernation lol but i'm tore between the sti or the evo
My dad wants to get an evo.. but after driving on my buddies WRX I would NOT go with an evo (though I've never actually been in one driving). The WRX just felt so sporty and strong lol.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
My dad wants to get an evo.. but after driving on my buddies WRX I would NOT go with an evo (though I've never actually been in one driving). The WRX just felt so sporty and strong lol.
oh i driven both since my my friend has 2 of them a 8 fully built making 650 tuned on e85 and a 10 for daily it feel so different but thats because th awd system is completely different Subaru doesn't have transfer case like the evo do and on evo its never 50/50 split normal driving its usually 40/60 or 30/70 split. the transfer case been the week link in the evos for decals

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
This cracked me up hahahaha. but it's true I guess. Everyone wants a "car girl" as their friend in the scene.
thats sooo true, yea now i got the chance to join their high hp club lol i got some decent amount female friends that got nice eg/ek civics or 240sx some of them are heavy into the drifting scene they got into the whole car scene cause of me lol

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
thats sooo true, yea now i got the chance to join their high hp club lol i got some decent amount female friends that got nice eg/ek civics or 240sx some of them are heavy into the drifting scene they got into the whole car scene cause of me lol
shieeet here in MN there is no girls in the car scene and the few there is they nasty lol.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
lol got plenty here in NY... NY girls we do everything guys does and still be a princess =)

dancam

Registered VIP
wow with a motor like this i can't see why anyone in the right mind would want to do anything with these motors. might as well go back to drawing board lol
They are pretty bad, so they went back to the drawing board in 2006 and came up with a design to have the blocks crack easily... Lol. 8th gen is a lot better i heard.
I knew they were bad, but not THIS bad lol. Glad my buddies EM2 gave out when it did, now he living the life driving a WRX.
The motor in itself isnt the worst. The worst honda had in its civics up to that point i think, but the car as a whole is terrible. I doubt if more than 15% of automatic 01-02 civics on the road have an original or un-rebuilt transmission. They only came with a 30k/1yr powertrain warrenty because honda knew they sucked and a ton of people had their transmissions go before the warrenty was even up.
What gave out on your friends civic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
They are pretty bad, so they went back to the drawing board in 2006 and came up with a design to have the blocks crack easily... Lol. 8th gen is a lot better i heard.

The motor in itself isnt the worst. The worst honda had in its civics up to that point i think, but the car as a whole is terrible. I doubt if more than 15% of automatic 01-02 civics on the road have an original or un-rebuilt transmission. They only came with a 30k/1yr powertrain warrenty because honda knew they sucked and a ton of people had their transmissions go before the warrenty was even up.
What gave out on your friends civic?

He threw a rod lol. Funny story is he never beat on that car at all, and he was just sitting at a red light and all the sudden there was a super loud constant banging and huge loss of power. He actually got to drive home like that lol

dancam

Registered VIP
He threw a rod lol. Funny story is he never beat on that car at all, and he was just sitting at a red light and all the sudden there was a super loud constant banging and huge loss of power. He actually got to drive home like that lol
Lol, sounds about right. Im surprised he made it home.