2006 Civic - Cracked Engine Block

FFR-HamptonVa

Honda America notification

We own ( & have not had a leak yet ) an '06 EX Sedan & just received notification that all '06 - '09 Civics have a 100% Warranty on the Engine Block for 8 years from date of purchase with unlimited miles. This warranty is transferable to the next owner(s).
We will now keep an eye on the coolant & the block.........
For my info, does this leak come from a particular location or can it spring up anywhere on the block?
Thanks,
Sean

Duderowe

Cracked engine block

2006 CIVIC EX COUPE
Per Honda Service Bulletin (10-048), a new short block was installed (guts included) along with all new fluids. My only expense was the tow bill to get it to the dealership and a rental car for the week. The service was done in 7 days and a complete inspection of my car. Thank you Honda for standing behind your product. Thank you Honda of Fort Myers for prompt service and a quick resolution.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
honda should have paid for the tow of the vehicle since its warranty work..

06CivicEx

I too have an 06 civic ex. i began having issues with the temp gauge rising. i did notice a loss of coolant but I put it on my hoist to check for cracks and haven't found anything. there is some residue under the oil cap, the oil doesn't look milky really but i did notice a sooty/sludgy pattern when i pulled the dip stick. I couldn't figure out why it was overheating at first until i realized the fans weren't kicking on and the coolant was low. then it clicked, the low coolant wasn't triggering the temp sensor to turn on the fans. i added coolant and now they're coming normally. my question is wheres the coolant going? i don't see any leakage/cracks in the block, i added almost 1 gallon of Honda spec 50/50 from the dealer i had laying around. i plan to talk to some contacts i know at Honda R&D on how to approach this situation since my civic is at about 117k on the mileage

RichD

First of all I purchased this car knowing that it had a REBUILT title because the previous owner side swiped a building. The accident caused damage on the drivers side front fender, door and slight rear quarter panel damage. It had no damage what so ever to the frame or suspension parts. I even had a certified mechanic put on a lift and verify this. While doing a all wheel alignment because of problems with the rear tires wearing out on the inside......the technician assured me that there was no damage to the frame.

PROBLEM: HONDA WILL NOT REPLACE MY ENGINE THAT HAS A CRACK IN THE ENGINE BLOCK EXACTLY WHERE THE THOUSANDS OF OTHER CIVIC ENGINES HAVE CRACKED BECAUSE OF THIS!! iF IT WAS A RECALL THE CUSTOMER REP SAID THEY WOULD REPLACE IT FREE.

Can you tell I'm pissed off?!!!

I know there are scammers out there....but I'm not one of them.....I'm a blue collar worker that works in the automotive business and had to take a job 45 minutes from my house....

I bought this Honda Civic thinking that I would be able to drive it for at least 5 more years...now it's sitting at the dealer with me not knowing what to do with it!!!

Quote:
Please Honda BACK YOUR PRODUCT UP!!!!!!!

Sincerly yours

Rich D

vlad1758

Men, Ihave exectly the same problem,
2006 civic, 113000 mi, hapend 2 days ago
exectly the same!!!!!
what did you do????

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
We own ( & have not had a leak yet ) an '06 EX Sedan & just received notification that all '06 - '09 Civics have a 100% Warranty on the Engine Block for 8 years from date of purchase with unlimited miles. This warranty is transferable to the next owner(s).
We will now keep an eye on the coolant & the block.........
For my info, does this leak come from a particular location or can it spring up anywhere on the block?
Thanks,
Sean
^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk