2006 debut tomorrow!!

mugen00

American Honda=Domestic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
matts2ksi said:
I think I still like the RSX-S better, but we'll see what the price differences will be!
Same here!! I think with the extra 3000 i saved from not buying a type S, im gonna buy the comptech supercharger thats gonna put me at 210!!

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Now to wait till November to see the production model..... =)

matts2ksi

save water...drink beer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mugen00 said:
Same here!! I think with the extra 3000 i saved from not buying a type S, im gonna buy the comptech supercharger thats gonna put me at 210!!
I would think that a supercharger would put you closer to 220-240! Aren't you worried about voiding your warranty?

Still can't wait to see your RSEX! =)

Last edited:

mugen00

American Honda=Domestic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
matts2ksi said:
mugen00 said:
Same here!! I think with the extra 3000 i saved from not buying a type S, im gonna buy the comptech supercharger thats gonna put me at 210!![/QUOTE
I would think that a supercharger would put you closer to 220-240! Aren't you worried about voiding your warranty?

Still can't wait to see your RSEX! =)
If i do it through comptech and let my acura dealer install it then no i wont void my warranty. My dealer said anything i buy thorugh acura thats comptech, its covered under my warranty.

matts2ksi

save water...drink beer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mugen00 said:
If i do it through comptech and let my acura dealer install it then no i wont void my warranty. My dealer said anything i buy thorugh acura thats comptech, its covered under my warranty.
nice!

mugen00

American Honda=Domestic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I cant wait for the spring meet so i can see all you guys again!!!

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
eh, you don't wanna see any of our ugly asses. lol 8)

EM1_ProJect

Yeah...it's boosted
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
doesnt look too bad to me...i kinda expected it to look all new like the accords and s**t, so i guess im not really dissapointed cuz i already had an idea. oh well....200HP 6speed!

Machinehead115

Team Four Door
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn man that thing is sic :drool: can't wait to see it when it actually comes out 8)

420GREEN

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
honesly after 2000 i think honda started going downhill, I totally agree with this...............another 200hp VTEC motor, that is awesome on fuel economy and you can't do a damn thing to it to gain any more power, unless you want to spend a fortune on it.........................thay should have done a retro version of the CVCC!!!! Nooooooooo from now on they're all gonna look like TSX's and RSX's...BOOORING..........Yawn

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
mugen00 said:
You got that right!!!! Whats up bro???
Not much man... hopefully I'll be there for the meet. THey still don't have a concrete date do they?

mugen00

American Honda=Domestic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
6sic6 said:
Not much man... hopefully I'll be there for the meet. THey still don't have a concrete date do they?
No set date yet. Hopefully we'll have a date pretty soon so we can start making a list of who's coming

Futurerel

Civics' In High Demand
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol, i was reading over this forum it was like a baby coming out
first we saw the head and then the body

mugen00

American Honda=Domestic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
6th Gen body style OWNS all years Civics

notquiterice

Billay
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This pic was put in a discussion about the 2006 debut on 7thgencivic.com

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can barely see it on that tiny pic

ReggieSD

PoPoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
here yah go...for those lazy clickers...

Honda Civic Si Concept Makes World Debut at Chicago Auto Show

Date: February 10, 2005 11:30
Submitted by: Jeff
Source: Honda
Credibility Rating: N/A

200HP Civic Si Concept points at future direction for new 2006 Civic Si Coupe

CHICAGO, Feb. 10, 2005 - The Civic Si Concept, making its world debut today at the Chicago Auto Show, provides a strong indication of the styling and performance direction for an all-new production Civic Si Coupe scheduled to debut later this year.

The production Civic Si Coupe will serve as the performance leader for a completely redesigned 2006 model Civic lineup that will feature more emotional styling, added performance and the latest generation of "intelligent" i-VTEC engine technology. The 2006 Civic lineup, launching this fall, will include a 4-door Sedan, a 2-door Coupe and Si Coupe, an even more fuel efficient Civic Hybrid and a natural-gas powered Civic GX.

The Civic Si Concept celebrates the 20th anniversary of the Civic Si legacy in the U.S. and builds on its performance heritage with a 200-horsepower, 16-valve, DOHC i-VTEC engine with an 8,000 rpm red line, mated to a close ratio 6-speed manual transmission. Helping to put all that power to the ground is a helical-type limited slip differential for improved launch traction and cornering performance. Other performance features of the Civic Si Concept include 18-inch cast aluminum wheels, 225/40R18 high performance tires and 4-wheel disc brakes with large cross-drilled brake rotors and 4-piston Brembo calipers.

"The 2006 Civic Si Coupe will be the most powerful, fastest and fun-to-drive Si we’ve ever put on the street, and the Civic Si Concept sets the direction in terms of its styling, package and performance," said John Mendel, senior vice president of American Honda. "It’s part of a new family of Civic vehicles that build on the already class-leading values of the Civic in terms of safety, styling, performance and fuel efficiency."

Designed as an "Advanced Personal Compact," the Civic Si Concept incorporates a sweeping roofline and ultra-fast windshield rake that highlights the vehicle’s advanced one-motion profile, low and wide stance, and superior aerodynamic performance. The long trunk deck, with its frontward sloping bumper, accents the forward motion conveyed by the overall vehicle shape. Wheel openings have been optimized to minimize the gap between the tire and the body. Special aerodynamic features include a full front and side aero kit, rear deck wing and a lower rear bumper diffuser with an integrated center exhaust system.

The 2006 Civic Si Coupe will be the sixth generation Si, which first appeared as a three-door hatchback in 1986 with subsequent Civic Si models appearing in 1989, 1992, 1999 and 2002. The production Si will make its world debut at the 2005 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show in November. The Civic Si Concept was designed at Honda R&D America’s Los Angeles design center.

ooks good to me...atleast it's gonna be sporting a 200 hp 6 speed. good enough to compete with the other new sport compacts out there.

Last edited:

shinobi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dunno but if i can afford it i'd prolly get it. kinda looks like they mated the accord with the insight.