2006 Ranger

Assault800

I like snow.
Registered VIP
Well i know its no civic, but hopefully you all like it anyways!

ill keep track of the things I do in this thread.

Heres some quick pics.

First thing im doing this weekend is removing the bug deflector and grille cover. Might take the steps off, not sure yet.

then its Radio/amp/sub time

70K miles
31" tires
4.0 V6

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
Love it bro ive always liked rangers and im a big old bronco 2 fan also

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Assault800

I like snow.
Registered VIP
thanks man, yeah i always loved em to!
im so lucky to have found this one. very hard to find this trim level around here.

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
An fx4 ya dont see them to much itll be a nice build. Will stay tuned good luck hopefully I get a little rig to post up soon!!!

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Assault800

I like snow.
Registered VIP
haha yeah, not only an FX4, but an fx4 level II

has upgraded shocks, extra skid plate, larger tires and red accented interior.
top of the line, $30,000 new in 06 lol
I paid $12K after taxes and warranty

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn! nice pick up. in to see what happens to it =) I'd say leave the step bar cause it looks pretty good imo

Assault800

I like snow.
Registered VIP
ill probably leave them till i can get some real rock sliders. not these bolt on flimsy things lol

PRobably buying a new head unit this week, along with sub+amp maybe. depends how much registration/insurance kills me lol

Assault800

I like snow.
Registered VIP
lockers no, the FX4 comes with a limited slip, and the FX4 Level II that i have comes with a Torsen Limited slip, which, is better. I cant remember the esaact specs but the torsen has more splines therefore is a lot stronger.

Assault800

I like snow.
Registered VIP
the torsen i beleive pretty much works like one. excessive wheel slip i think will lock it up. i think... i just started reading into it lol.

shouldnt give me any problems though not being a full locker, no traction control on 08 and odler so i wont have to deal with that. thats the biggest killer when offroad.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I had a little ranger for a while.. '02 XLT with the vulcan V6. Fun little truck, but it had problems when I bought it and I didn't feel like diving into all the issues that needed to be corrected so I traded it in for a ridgeline that I feel like I stole hehe. Better MPGs, better storage, more power, and its a Honda. the FX4 is a lot better than the XLT that I had though, so you definitely got a nice little truck!

Last edited:

Assault800

I like snow.
Registered VIP
Thanks man.

Yeah this thing is super clean. I'll take a ton of pics this weekend.

The engine bay surprised me how clean everything is. Almost looks like it just rolled outta the factory it's so clean.

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
always wanted one of these or a mazda!! to bad i can never pull the trigger and just buy one...

Assault800

I like snow.
Registered VIP
Alright, so since I finally took some more pictures

Enjoy.

So thats her a little dirty, the way she should be. Those fog lights will be Rigid Dually D2 LED's soon I'm thinking....

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not too big on the screen on the grill, but other than that she's lookin pretty good :D

:thumbs up