360 ring of death!!!!!

hondagriff

Banned
Damn it! My Xbox 360 crapped out on me. I've had it for awhile so warranty doesn't exist. I don't wanna forkout over 200 to fix it. I got the 3 redlights. I'm thinking of fixing it myself. Read that the board gets hot and warps causing some sodering connections to come loose. Anyone know a good fix. A link on a how-to diy fix would be great.

hondagriff

Banned
cause all other sites is just some BS that leads you on to buy,buy,buy. I don't want to buy a stupid manual on how to fix it. I just need a few pics or vids to help me out.

trace01m

E thug.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
f**k it, If you can't fix it, buy another.

Open that b***h up and try it.

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I didn't have a warranty on mine and they still sent me a box to send it back and fixed it for free

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Some guy that works at a console shop says they spend about $5 on parts to fix it, and then charge $100 to do it.

2000 EKCivicEX

i VTAK
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
idk if id recommend to try this but, when my friends xbox red ringed he wrapped it in a towel and turned it on for awhile then it fixed it self? some how, but i figure what could it hurt if its already busted right?

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I thought it was only a $100 bucks to get it shipped and fixed. That is if it really is the ring-o-death. ;)

but you really can't do anything about it bro :(

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I was waiting to see who the first fag was to use that exact line. Congratulations, way to help solve the problem :thumbs up
I wanted be that first fag to say it, i want my cookie.
:lol: so im Just spreading the word about the 360's laughable failure rate.

OP If you don't know what you're doing, then send it in before you f**k it up more messing around with the insides, then regret not sending it in the first place. but 200 bills(if that's how much they told you) is a pretty penny for something that costs 299. Might as well buy another with a new warranty, and part out the broken one or attempt to fix it.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey! I f**king love the 360 but Kaotic is telling the truth! The 360 failure rate is laughable :lol: s**t, I've already owned 3 different ones myself and the last one already broke so I have to buy another one. You can't say that the 360 is a shittier system (game wise) than the ps3 tho. You'd be a f**king retard to think that! 360's keep on breaking down and people keep on buying them. If 360's are so shitty then no one would keep buying them but they do. Now if the ps3 had problems like that, no one would keep on buying them like they do with the 360's and that's the truth! ;)

If you ask me, it's one big inside scam! You can't tell me that these f**king nerds at microsoft can't fix this ring of death problem. I'm sure they can but why fix the problem if it's making them money? Even the new 360's that come out have that problem so I don't see them really trying to correct the ring-o-death. :lol:

:twocents:

Last edited:

johno590

f**k thieves
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If it's been less than 3 years then they will fix it for free. Otherwise it's 99 dollars to fix almost all problems with xbox's. Unless you've already opened your xbox which voids any warranty and they wont fix it.

Here is something to check out to see exactly what's wrong with your 360

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=484726

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
They don't care, it's all about the money. If they never broke, some peeps wouldn't have jobs and such.

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
should of got a ps3
I'd rather be able to consistently play good games most of the time than shitty titles all the time. Talk s**t when Sony gets some decent exclusives.

Don't try and fix it yourself, it will void any warranty you have. Which you probably do have, since it covers the red ring up to three years. Just call 1800MYXBOX and get a coffin sent out. It takes two or three weeks and you get a free month of Live. If you are out of warranty it's only 110 dollars.

I actually have to send mine back too, I got the coffin in the mail with a copy of Project Gotham Racing 3 since it's my second time sending it out.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
real ballers like myself will just get a new model 360, where the problem is fixed.

Seriously, all you need is the lowest model they sell, you already have the hard drive and such, plus it comes with a 512mb memory card if it matters, and a disc of arcade titles.

Last edited:

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
take it to gamestop and they will send it back to xbox. they will fix it for you, the right way. Happened to me twice, but they ended up just giving me a new one since I buy so much from there.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it's just not the red ring tho! My brother's 360 doesn't play some dvd's and games. Sometimes you have to sit there and hit the open and close tray buttons for a while before the piece of s**t 360 reads the disc. This happens to alot of people I know and it's happened to 2 of my brother's 360's. :thumbsdown

There's just nothing that intrests me in the ps3 otherwise I wuld buy it. As for the blue-ray player, I can just buy one of those bitches separate.