then the normal turbo stuff:
2.5" mandrel bent chargepiping
dsm 450's
chipped ps9 running vtec
3" mandrel bent dp and exhaust
johnnyracecar intercooler

ED9-88Crx

5+ Year Member
Good luck. A 9 1/8 is about a 14 1/4 right???
yeah a very high 14, I prolly wont make it out of the 10s. But who knows we will see, Might just use my friends Drag radials and see what i get. I was running 9.1s stock in my srt4 spinning 1st and half of second. My friend has a Odb1 Dohc zc in his 93 coupe and runs 10.3s and he only has an intake and header.

Rex_89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well I went back to the track yesterday. I didnt bring my drag radials because they are hella bad. Time for some new ones. So I went on some Falken Azines with 16' rim. I got no traction what so ever. The best 60 foot I could get was a 2.3 Best 1/4 time I could get was a 14.7 Thats 4 tenths off my time with drag radials. Good tires make a big difference. Next time I go, im going to bringslicks to see what it can do.

Oh I also put my car on the scale to see how much it weighed and it came in at 1,950 lbs without me in the car. And that is with full interior.

Civicalized

5+ Year Member
I dont have timeslips with me, but my 89 std, gutted with a stock b18a1 and no air filter ran a 15.5 1/4 mile. it consistantly runs 15.7s, but only because i cant get traction. it spins when i shift into 2nd and 3rd pretty bad. the car weighs about 2130 lbs, without me, and 1/4 tank of gas.

4doorcivic16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
stock dohc zc h/i/e msd igntion ran a 15.7XX @ 76 MPH the clutch was slipping bad

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I dont have timeslips with me, but my 89 std, gutted with a stock b18a1 and no air filter ran a 15.5 1/4 mile. it consistantly runs 15.7s, but only because i cant get traction. it spins when i shift into 2nd and 3rd pretty bad. the car weighs about 2130 lbs, without me, and 1/4 tank of gas.
i'd think u could do better then that...

Civicalized

5+ Year Member
i'd think u could do better then that...
i think i could too. i just need to get better at driving. there is also some equation you can do to figure what your time would be at sea level, and that would put me at 15.02 or something like that. i ran it just north of boise idaho, which is somewhat mountainous

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i know it makes a difference. but .7 seconds?? i didn't think it would be that much...

Kurtis

TIRE KING !!!
5+ Year Member
Hey peeps been awhile since ive been on here so I figured I would make a post. My brothers 91 hatch with LS motor and LS tranny , home depo intake/ k&n filter , b16 header no cat ,medalion exhaust on bfg drag radials ran a 15.9 at PMI here in colorado. At 6000ft above sea level.

My 89 crx hf with a tricked out tranny " not sure of the gear ratios I had put in but its way shorter car tops out at 103 at 7500rpm's" exedy clutch , Obx LSD on a d16z6 Same ghetto mods as my brothers with the hf ecu it would redline at 5500 and I ran a 16.1 With the pm6 ecu and borrowed my bros slicks I ran 15.34 " Eat That B Series!!" also at 6000ft above sea level. Vtec on switch kicking it on at 4900-5000k. Two days later my Z6 took a s**t on me and blew a hole through both sides of the block piston and rod just vanished and what was crazy I still drove the s**t home lol. Now I have a a6 thats going through a mini me post times soon.

rickles8099

Faster than you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I ran twice as fast with a bone stock b-series and the block didn't explode. " Eat That D Series!!"
last time i was at the track i ran consistant 12.6's at 113mph in the 1/4... d series for the win.

oh and i drive it daily.

90dohcD

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what can i expect for times????????

does anybody know what i might b lookin at for 1/4 mile times with this set in my ef hatch????????????

DOHC ZC
SRI
4-2-1 HEADER
SHORT SHIFTER
2.25 CAT-BACK EXHAUST
PORT AND POLISHED HEAD
STREET TIRES

Kurtis

TIRE KING !!!
5+ Year Member
that is so pathetic.

I ran twice as fast with a bone stock b-series and the block didn't explode. " Eat That D Series!!"

Im down 15-20hp just because of the altitude and I dont hate b series I just like cheap. Ive had 2 blow up on me thats why my brother has my old hatch. Oh and just for the info at 6000ft its a 15% power loss. So my 15.3 would probably be in the mid 14's at sea level. Just a estimate