769 hp recipe

gents97civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I Cause Cancer said:
My guess would be a fuel pump in the fuel cell, as well as upgrading the stock fuel pump.

769 hp came from what source, dyno, info or did you pull this out of your ass? 11.0 CR with 22psi is going to need one hell of a tune and race gas... which if im not mistaken, will be a b***h because there arent any wb02 sensors that can stand up to lead.

*shrug* nice "theory".. imho it will be too expensive, unreliable, high-maintenance, and not fun to drive around.
769 not fun to drive. Your crazy man.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all i would ever want is about 300hp on a civic....anything over that is too fast. a car w/ around 300hp and a tight suspension that weighs about 2700lbs is pretty damn fast....prolly low 13's or high 12's is all i would want for a daily driver

banzai

Exit Speed Garage
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anythings possible if ya got the money

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
770hp on a car that light would be uncontrollable. the car would be breaking every week. if u could get it to work, thad be like funny car speed.

Exospeed*com

exospeed.com
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There are cars making that much hp at this time and driver on the street. of course Detuned for lower boost and pump gas that makes of course significantly less. but with different fuel and boost levels, it can change from a 300hp car to 700-800hp car easily.

and yes over 400hp on the street is already overkill. you would never get that much hp to the ground.

4thengine

Acne Records Rep.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
gents97civ said:
769 not fun to drive. Your crazy man.
A lot of sacrifices would need to be made for that 769 hp. You like smooth clutch engagement? Gone. You like reliability? Gone. You like your ability to hear? Gone. You like needing special race gas? You like traction?

Yeah, 769 sounds like fun until you realize what it takes to make that much.

Exospeed*com

exospeed.com
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well its not for everyone. That much power is for competition use only. Theres no point in building one just for the street.

skattadondatta

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
300 - 750 hp street motor

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=17165&stc=1
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=17166&stc=1

There's a story of a guy named Rod, who's my co-worker. He souped up 2 datsuns 240z for his clients and both passed away due to the fact they went over the limit of the car and loss control, crashed, and sadly to say didn't survive. Maybe, if they were the size of Ronnie Coleman they might survive, who knows?
There are pilots who control the single prop Cesna, the Boeing 747, and there are pilots who control the F- 22 Raptor, F - 15 Eagle, F - 16 Falcon, or the SR - 71 Blackbird Spyplane back in the 1970's. Which is the same for drives who choose to drive 300 hp street cars 750 hp street cars and 1000 hp street cars. The point is are you able to maintain control of not to go over the limit of the machine. If so happens you loose control there should be a counter operation and if perform properly then the operator may survive.
The reason those 2 guys died was because not the amount of horsepower they had, or if the car could handle turns that of an F-1 which i doubt it did! But because they weren't in the right mind, not able to control the foot to the gas and feeling that they are going to crash and therefore not stepping on the brake in time.
There are Lazy Drivers who don't do maintenance on their cars, Kamakazie Drivers, Cruisers, Ricers, the ones who think they are Racers, the drink and drivers and there are drivers who know when there's a time and place when to drive fast and when not to drive fast! And there are drivers that know how to control a car with the most crapiest handling with big horsepower and there are drives who are not comfortable with that type of setting and therefore will not drive the car.
What kind of Driver are You?

Someday i want to be a Cruiser with alot of horsepower for emergency situations!

4thengine

Acne Records Rep.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
skattadondatta said:
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=17165&stc=1
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=17166&stc=1

There's a story of a guy named Rod, who's my co-worker. He souped up 2 datsuns 240z for his clients and both passed away due to the fact they went over the limit of the car and loss control, crashed, and sadly to say didn't survive. Maybe, if they were the size of Ronnie Coleman they might survive, who knows?
There are pilots who control the single prop Cesna, the Boeing 747, and there are pilots who control the F- 22 Raptor, F - 15 Eagle, F - 16 Falcon, or the SR - 71 Blackbird Spyplane back in the 1970's. Which is the same for drives who choose to drive 300 hp street cars 750 hp street cars and 1000 hp street cars. The point is are you able to maintain control of not to go over the limit of the machine. If so happens you loose control there should be a counter operation and if perform properly then the operator may survive.
The reason those 2 guys died was because not the amount of horsepower they had, or if the car could handle turns that of an F-1 which i doubt it did! But because they weren't in the right mind, not able to control the foot to the gas and feeling that they are going to crash and therefore not stepping on the brake in time.
There are Lazy Drivers who don't do maintenance on their cars, Kamakazie Drivers, Cruisers, Ricers, the ones who think they are Racers, the drink and drivers and there are drivers who know when there's a time and place when to drive fast and when not to drive fast! And there are drivers that know how to control a car with the most crapiest handling with big horsepower and there are drives who are not comfortable with that type of setting and therefore will not drive the car.
What kind of Driver are You?

Someday i want to be a Cruiser with alot of horsepower for emergency situations!

And the point of this big story is.................................what?

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
the point is: don't blame the car. driver skill means everything. don't drive a car you can't handle.... like on starsky and hutch...

Starsky : "It was my mother... she always used to say it was too much car for me to handle. I couldn't handle the V8. "