1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

7th gen gauge cluster swap

Discussion in '7th Generation Honda Civic (2001-2005)' started by 2k5civic, Apr 21, 2005.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. 2k5civic

2k5civic i hate imports...! siiike Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

does anyone know if we are able to swap a gauge cluster into our 7 gens. ?

like a 7th gen si cluster or something.?

2. Zak8022

Zak8022 New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

i'm not too familiar with 7th gens... so someone else might give you more detailed info... but i think that if you do swap, the milage would be messed up at the very least. since the 7th gen odometers are not mechanical, you cant manipulate them like u could older civics.

3. 2k5civic

2k5civic i hate imports...! siiike Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

think so .? u think i can adjusted the milage to be exact with what i have current in my car. im also thinking that the swap will be direct . i mean yea the only problem would be mileage . anyone else's inouts are welcome .!

4. 96greencivic

96greencivic #1 in the Atlantic! Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

I'm gonna say it wouldn't physically fit. The 7th gen clusters are taller then 6th gen

5. 2k5civic

nah im talking bout swaping with a 7th gen si . not a 6th gen .its okay man .haha

7thgen si clusterto a 7th gen civic coupe ex

6. giza556

giza556 New Member 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

im almost positive that it wont work due to fitment and plug/wire issues. i know that the 6th gens could be swapped with no problem, but i think the 7th gens are totally diff. from eachother.

7. cgpEJ6

cgpEJ6 noob Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

you would have to look at the two of them side by side to be able to tell, as far as mileage goes just get an Si cluster with more mileage than your car and wait until you hit the right mileage to put it in and take pictures of both clusters together at the time of the installation

8. Zak8022

thats a good idea... never crossed my mind.

if you're not worried about the milage matching, or you can do what FerioSpeed suggested above, i would think it should work. but i cannot say for certain as i have not had experience with 7th gen clusters. sorry.

9. 2k5civic

iight cool ima on a mission now .!!

ill be postin results on the swap.! thnx fellow honda civians!

10. cgpEJ6

cgpEJ6 noob Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

where are you getting the cluster from?

11. 2k5civic

im breaking into a honda dealrship and taking that bish out of there!!! haha

nah my boy he wrecked his 2001 si.. totaled. even the engine is a disaster! some dood hit him straight on ina old dodge pickup truck ..drunk ass hell.. well yall know old dodges.. pure metal!!

yea so everything is gone but his cluster.. i took it out and have it chilln in my room .now ima see if itll fit into my 05 EM2

12. civicvtec1ps

civicvtec1ps 7thgencivic.com Mod Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

2001 si ? Never ever offered in us.
    99-00 si = 6th gen.
    02+ si = 7thgen.

Gauge cluster size is different, wiring hareness should be similar.
    You can do it, but not worth it imo.

Stock gauge cluster is good, why change it.

13. joe7987

joe7987 Administrator Staff Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

why would you want to change it? Our gauge clusters rock.

14. pon55

pon55 New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

For the average person this is close to impossible! It just dont fit :P

15. 2k5civic

yea that was a typo.. i ment 03 si.. but yea youz guyz are right.. i thought maybe sumpn coll could be done like a gauge cluster swap.. haha ima fool. but yea our gauges are dope. i left em .. hey .. i have a question ..

the 2006 si coupe coming out.. i read it in a magazine in i think honda tuning and they said that this car is the 6th generation si.. ! hm.??? i would of thought id be part of the new line up for the 8th generation civic.... am i right or wrong.? feedback .

16. Zak8022

well.. i beleive that it could be the 6th gen SI... meaing it is teh sixth different model of civic si... despite the civic itself being in ints 8th gen. that make sense?

however i dont know the validity of this, cuz i dont really know much abotu civics older than the 5th gens. but my explanatino would at least make sense. it does in my head at least, lol.

17. T-mo

T-mo New Member 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

true that ^^^
    1st gen Si was 88-91
    2nd gen was 92-95
    3rd gen was 96-98
    4th gen was 99-00
    5th gen Si's 01-present

So the new ones will be the 6th gen of Si's!!!!!

18. exmashin

exmashin New Member 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

theres a DIY to change the guage cluster to blue i believe but other than that...riip off the dash! lmao

19. Chicohonda02

Chicohonda02 New Member 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

it works, but it doens't fit right. you need special parts for it to fit. Cna't remember what. But my teammate did it on his 04, looks sick, but doesn't fit right at all.

20. notoriouspyro

notoriouspyro New Member 5+ Year Member

I was wondering the same thing only diff is I want to swap an 05 sedan cluster into my 01 coupe. It's the same general sizing, I know the milage will be off, but would the cluster itself fit?