93 coupe: Little more pep?

Indy_Civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
is there a good website i can find this stuff on? i looked on jdmcarboy.com but all they have is cams for a b16..
eBay probably. I would stick to crower cams or some name brand stage 1 cams. Exedy or fidanza for the flywheel, depending on weights.

I forget the link, but some dude covered how do a d series na build and it's pretty awesome. I like how he warns people that they'd be lucky to push 170 hp when it's all done. But revving up to 9-10 grand is kinda cool too.

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Try a TB spacer, if you have vtec you can get that tuned

stickeyrice84

5+ Year Member
not with out a hondata, or crome set up, and u dont want to tune ur own car to be honest not worth ur time if their isnt nothing done to it other than bolt on deals

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
first off what motor do you have? if you have a d15 one thing that you can do is a mini-me. your not going to get ALOT of power, but it will be enough to make a noticeable difference. it is going to be more than your avergae bolt ons, but it's something you could do yourself and piece together over time.
and a mini-me is taking a d16 head and putting it on your d15 block. there's a little more to it than that but it's not like doing anything major like upgrading internals.

Here's a link for the mini-me that was given to me when I was asking the same questions as you. This was of course before I realized if I just saved a little bit more and waited for a good deal to come around that a swap is just the most logical HP gainer.
anyways, here you go man
http://www.d-series.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-802.html

but if you really just saved for a while, you could easily find a good swap for around 1500(give or take a few hundred depending on where you live and inflation)
or you can do a bunch of research and piece together a turbo. or buy a cheap turbo kit online and pay a shop some money to rebuild your car. swap is still probably the better route to take though.
Hope this helps

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
theres a sticky thread about d-series bolt-ons.. read that and then rethink you options...

only thing that will add more power is nitrous and/or a turbo/supercharger... all motor D is not worth it IMO

Vance_Miller

5+ Year Member
first off what motor do you have? if you have a d15 one thing that you can do is a mini-me. your not going to get ALOT of power, but it will be enough to make a noticeable difference. it is going to be more than your avergae bolt ons, but it's something you could do yourself and piece together over time.
and a mini-me is taking a d16 head and putting it on your d15 block. there's a little more to it than that but it's not like doing anything major like upgrading internals.

Here's a link for the mini-me that was given to me when I was asking the same questions as you. This was of course before I realized if I just saved a little bit more and waited for a good deal to come around that a swap is just the most logical HP gainer.
anyways, here you go man
http://www.d-series.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-802.html

but if you really just saved for a while, you could easily find a good swap for around 1500(give or take a few hundred depending on where you live and inflation)
or you can do a bunch of research and piece together a turbo. or buy a cheap turbo kit online and pay a shop some money to rebuild your car. swap is still probably the better route to take though.
Hope this helps
my motor is a d16..
i think ill just wait till i make a little more money and can turbo it =)
sounds like theres not much i can do to it on a budget