93 dx coupe (slow build)

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Kinda new to the site just picked up a 93 dx coupe. Had a little front end damage when I got it so ive torn the front apart and its now ready for a new core support. Plans are to fix the front end, new headlights, jdm fenders with smoked amber city lights, new bumpers front and rear, windsheild and rota gt3s either black with polished lip or black with blue lip. More upgrades will come with time, like I said will be a slow build, basically trying to get it streetable first.

Anyone know exactly what kind of wheels those are? im thinking there some kind of old rota?

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks a lot guys, just gota save up some cash to order everything at once and get this thing going.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So many people are having to install core supports lately..
Anyways, looks good. Sounds like you got some plans for it.
Good luck with it and keep us posted!

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah I noticed a few people replacing them, prob be mid next month til I get all the parts and start working on it. Just paid my first mortgage payment and funds are starting to get low :/ but around income tax time there will be a lot of work happening

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Do you guys think white rota track r rims or black with blue lip rota gt3s would look better? Found the track r's on craigslist basically new with centercaps and new nitto tires for $700 obo, I cant even find the gt3s in black with blue lip within the U.S. Anyone know what rims these are on the car now?

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
those rota's are called group n's which are mugen rnr replicas..have been known to be very weak in structure but light weight.

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah they seem like there pretty weak, they are cracked all over. Thanks for the info

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Should only be a couple more weeks til I can start getting parts for the car. Thinking about buying a 94 coupe I found on craigslist, its auto but has a bad engine. Guy cant find the title so ill prob get it and swap the interior and front end to my car since that car has pretty mint interior. Then part the rest out, might even make a little profit if I can pick it up for the right price.

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Should be ordering my parts and picking up another parts civic this weekend. Thinking about going with skunk2 pro s coilovers, anyone had experience with them?

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Got the top of the core support tacked in tonight, gota weld in the bottom and its got a little bit of damage since i bought one from the junk yard so i have to pull that out. Ordered bumpers, fender, headlights, corner lights and a steering wheel today also.

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Basically a stock d16, will eventually either turbo it or swap in a b18c1 if I can find one for a decent price.

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Got my new fender and front bumper in today. Got the fenders and hood liked up and finished welding in the core support. Bumper ended up not even fitting so I have to send it back and wait for another one. Have to order a new hood also. Got my oem steering wheel and air bag installed, still waiting on my rebar, front bumper, rear bumper, hood, headlights and corners. Then ill start looking into new wheels and coilovers.

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Since im waiting for parts I decided to take the interior out and do some cleaning, still need to fix the rear bolt holes for the drivers seat since there stripped out. Carpet still needs a good shampooing. Few pics.