96 civic hatchback

RetroJunky

5+ Year Member
I thought this was a civic enthusiast site, not a jdm site.

What a bunch of lame ass bashing. I didn't expect everyone to think that my car was great, but not one constructive criticism or positive response. I would rather drive my civic with gold 20" spinner wheels, wide body kit, double decker wing, hot pink paint job, and every ebay accessory available before giving a s**t what you all think. I was hoping to get suggestions about the 15" wheels or the nitrous kit I mentioned, not slammed because my car isn't stock.

Stock is nice if you have a sports car like a lamborghini or ferrari, not some honda civic. Doesn't anyone get tired of the same old s**t, front lips and fog lights. I would rather see someone get creative with a ricey body kit and clear tails than a stock bumper with ambers. A clean looking car is always nice, but still have respect for someone trying to be a little different.

I've learned some things from this site, that turbos are better investments than CAI/Mani/Exhaust add ons; but that doesn't mean people should be bashed if they choose that route for their car. If bashing is all this site is about, then what good does it do. Helping inform other civic owners of what works better or might be the most cost effective mod for their car should be the goal. What a lousy enthusiast community this is.

Don't worry, I will gladly post pics of the carbon hood once installed. If your lucky I'll throw on a metal wing for kicks.

EkcivicJDMstyle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
your constructive criticism was to get new wheels and taillights before you do anything to your car. get used to get bashed, with wheels like that there wont be any lack of bashing for you. and for gods sake, build you motor before you spray. im sick of seeing good D series' wasted from pistons melted to heads.

btw, quote from a one of my picture thread where i got 100% bashed "no one told you to die or go kill yourself. you got off easy."

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
wat

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The tail lights and wheels look horrible. If you think they look good then you're an idiot with poor taste. Nobody said your car has to be JDM to be nice. Oem tail lights and wheels that don't look like a f**kin 2 year old designed them would be much better. Car also needs to be lowered a ton.

Ejayy8

5+ Year Member
I thought this was a civic enthusiast site, not a jdm site.

What a bunch of lame ass bashing. I didn't expect everyone to think that my car was great, but not one constructive criticism or positive response. I would rather drive my civic with gold 20" spinner wheels, wide body kit, double decker wing, hot pink paint job, and every ebay accessory available before giving a s**t what you all think. I was hoping to get suggestions about the 15" wheels or the nitrous kit I mentioned, not slammed because my car isn't stock.

Stock is nice if you have a sports car like a lamborghini or ferrari, not some honda civic. Doesn't anyone get tired of the same old s**t, front lips and fog lights. I would rather see someone get creative with a ricey body kit and clear tails than a stock bumper with ambers. A clean looking car is always nice, but still have respect for someone trying to be a little different.

I've learned some things from this site, that turbos are better investments than CAI/Mani/Exhaust add ons; but that doesn't mean people should be bashed if they choose that route for their car. If bashing is all this site is about, then what good does it do. Helping inform other civic owners of what works better or might be the most cost effective mod for their car should be the goal. What a lousy enthusiast community this is.

Don't worry, I will gladly post pics of the carbon hood once installed. If your lucky I'll throw on a metal wing for kicks.
i really dont like you

heres some suggestions though:
black rota grids
black headlights
lowering springs, it doesn't matter what brand, just get the ones with the cooler color spring
type R style front lip (leave it unpainted)
for suspensiion i'd recommend some K Sport LCA's with an ASR subframe brace and a Beaks tie bar. Oh and also, for the love of god DO NOT get a rear sway bar. That'll just add extra weight to your suspension beast.

hope this helped:thumbs up

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i really dont like you

black rota grids
black headlights
lowering springs, it doesn't matter what brand, just get the ones with the cooler color spring
for suspensiion i'd recommend some K Sport LCA's with an ASR subframe brace and a Beaks tie bar. Oh and also, for the love of god DO NOT get a rear sway bar. That'll just add extra weight to your suspension beast.

What in the damn hell? Are you serious?

1: Fail
2: is okay
3: Fail
4: Fail
5: Huge Fail

I swear all u 08s and 09s members ....oy /facepalm

OP, Dont listen to that idiot.

RetroJunky

5+ Year Member
i really dont like you

black rota grids
black headlights

You might not like me, but I can be an easy to get along with person if given the chance.
I appreciate the suggestions, but do have a couple of questions.

I have been looking at some 15" konig minuz wheels. Not too crazy about the look of them, but the price and weight (about 12 pounds) is what I've been looking for. What tire size works well for 15's?

Will lowering the car with springs cause any problems with camber wear? The guy who sold me the wheels offered to sell me his 2" drop springs. He had a 96 civic 2dr sedan and said that lowering had caused camber wear on the tires. I've been told to avoid camber wear when lowering your car, that you would need a camber kit. Is that true?

Also, what is the recommended amount of inches to go if you lower the car and don't want any wheel rubbing problems?

blarue09

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow, almost all responses to this thread sound like they came from little stuck up school girls.

"no club would let you in with those wheels"

just ridiculous! your opinion is obviously not felt by everyone, so quit trying to force it on them with your shallow, negative comments.

this is supposed to be a club for civic owners and enthusiasts. he owns a civic. regardless of how his civic differs from what you think is "cool" right now, he has as much right to be here as any of us do.

Ejayy8

5+ Year Member
What in the damn hell? Are you serious?

1: Fail
2: is okay
3: Fail
4: Fail
5: Huge Fail

I swear all u 08s and 09s members ....oy /facepalm

OP, Dont listen to that idiot.
yes, i am joking. wow.

i guess sarcasm is hard to get through the intorwebz

You might not like me, but I can be an easy to get along with person if given the chance.
I appreciate the suggestions, but do have a couple of questions.

I have been looking at some 15" konig minuz wheels. Not too crazy about the look of them, but the price and weight (about 12 pounds) is what I've been looking for. What tire size works well for 15's?

Will lowering the car with springs cause any problems with camber wear? The guy who sold me the wheels offered to sell me his 2" drop springs. He had a 96 civic 2dr sedan and said that lowering had caused camber wear on the tires. I've been told to avoid camber wear when lowering your car, that you would need a camber kit. Is that true?

Also, what is the recommended amount of inches to go if you lower the car and don't want any wheel rubbing problems?
the main point stressed is don't cheap out on your parts, especially something important as your suspension. A camber kit really isn't needed if your only lowering the car on lowering springs. However, if i were you i'd save up some extra cash and find atleast decent coilovers. If you dont wan't to go that route then get some good struts (tokico, koni, etc..) to go along with your lowering springs.

As for rims, i really don't know what to say. I looked up those konig's and i guess they look alright. Just don't go over a 17 inch wheel

denracho

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think you going in a wrong direction with this car... sorry...

skittle_107

touge
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think you going in a wrong direction with this car... sorry...
reading > you

OP do what you do, I personally don't like the wheels either but I won't leave some dumbass remark about them after reading you plan on changing them. You'll get alot of haters. Its mostly people that don't even read the thread, they'll open it, look at pictures, and leave a comment like the idiot above me. and VSM rules. I'd say go with 15's, thats what i"m running on my hatch. And the nitrous kit I'd sell personally. Use the money for something else. like a swap. I don't have a swap even, but i'm happy with my mpg at the moment since it gets driven about 80 miles a day.

RetroJunky

5+ Year Member
reading > you

OP do what you do, I personally don't like the wheels either but I won't leave some dumbass remark about them after reading you plan on changing them. You'll get alot of haters. Its mostly people that don't even read the thread, they'll open it, look at pictures, and leave a comment like the idiot above me. and VSM rules. I'd say go with 15's, thats what i"m running on my hatch. And the nitrous kit I'd sell personally. Use the money for something else. like a swap. I don't have a swap even, but i'm happy with my mpg at the moment since it gets driven about 80 miles a day.
I read some more info about nitrous and decided to drop that idea. I like the idea of doing a mini me swap, but I'm not sure if I'll go that route.

Your right about the great gas mileage, that is what interested me in getting this car to begin with.
It was for sale locally by a lady who had moved here from Canada. She was the original owner and bought the car new from the dealership. The car had 98,000 miles and was only $2000. It was a good deal so I bought it.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Id say go mini route then boost! im sure you'll love it but thats just my opinion. over all though just do the things YOU like with the car. let those who hate fuel you to do something creature but also tasteful . Good luck brudda. :thumbup:

RetroJunky

5+ Year Member
Id say go mini route then boost! im sure you'll love it but thats just my opinion. over all though just do the things YOU like with the car. let those who hate fuel you to do something creature but also tasteful . Good luck brudda. :thumbup:
That is exactly what I have in mind right now, mini swap with a turbo. I would love to get a supercharger to keep the low end power, but i think the other route will be my best bet.

My friends and I have been laughing our asses off over the comments about my car tonight. The drug dealing ballin comment was so funny. The only comment that really bothered me was about noone accepting me in their club because of my wheels, that struck me as rude.

I know the Arelli wheels aren't the best look for this car, but I had always wanted a set since I first saw them back in highschool. My friend said that if I put the carbon hood on my car with those wheels still on, that he will refuse to ride in my car..lol... My tuner friends have much nicer and faster cars with legit upgrades, a 98 Eclipse AWD turbo and a 04 Mazda Rx8 rotary. My car is currently the turd of the group.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
supercharger?! pfsh. Go with a turbo man. A small turbo like a t25 spools super quick, it hits boost at 3k rpms and tops out at about 6k. perfect for a our d16s and probably cheaper too. It just takes a bit of time and patience to look for all the parts but over all you wont spend more then 2k if your smart to build your own kit.

I can give you a list of turbos you can find from stock cars at the local yard which you can use. Just let me know.