96romaCX CIVIC hatchback BUILD THREAD

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thank you very much! It feels sooo good on my hands, and the quick release is just damn sexy. Its really solid and there's zero play. I almost ran an s2k wheel too, but I've been in love with this exact wheel since I first saw it.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I didn't know you used to skate. I grew up skating! I quit when I got a job at 16 because I didn't want to risk injury and not be able to work. Skated for about 9 years. Had everything from flip, birdhouse, Santa Cruz, almost, baker, all the way to world industries lol.

Baker was always my favorite though. So much pop! Hbu?

I've still got my last setup. Baker deck, krux trucks, spitfire wheels, bones Swiss bearings, shorty's hardware, and Jessup grip tape.

God I miss skating.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I didn't know you used to skate. I grew up skating! I quit when I got a job at 16 because I didn't want to risk injury and not be able to work. Skated for about 9 years. Had everything from flip, birdhouse, Santa Cruz, almost, baker, all the way to world industries lol.

Baker was always my favorite though. So much pop! Hbu?

I've still got my last setup. Baker deck, krux trucks, spitfire wheels, bones Swiss bearings, shorty's hardware, and Jessup grip tape.

God I miss skating.
Toy machine for life! And yes Jessup grip tape over black magic for life! Right now I have a zero complete my friend sold me for like 20 bucks, black indy's, and black spiftire wheels. With pig parts package. Someone stole my old toy machine after I left it in a friends car.

Yeah man I was t really great but I was good, one of the best in my town. I board slid a 10 stair and kickflipped an 8 on street, park I used to do big ol' kickflip Melon grabs over pyramid hips and skate mini ramps. I loved floating melon grabs over anything I felt weightless and it was he best!

Bergi85

I kickflipped a 7 stair at my high school. Then I was messing around a little three stair waiting for a friend and pressure flipped it and ripped all the ligaments in my ankle. I slowly got out of skating after that, oh well, I still snowboard.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i know that the sticker is a skate brand. the rear paint is nifty. did you clear coat it?

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I kickflipped a 7 stair at my high school. Then I was messing around a little three stair waiting for a friend and pressure flipped it and ripped all the ligaments in my ankle. I slowly got out of skating after that, oh well, I still snowboard.
Haha yeah I rolled the crap out of mine so hard, so often. After about 2 or 3 years of not skating period it strengthened back up. Sometimes I really wanna get out to a park and roll around just to feel the wheels rolling beneath my feet again, or cruise down a sidewalk to get the *tick-tick* from the wheels when you roll over gaps in the concrete. Skateboarding was really good to me when I was growing up.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Cleaned this thread up. Keep it civil before I punch you all in your avatars. And by that I mean infractions. ;) Ain't nobody got time for that!

Bergi85

Haha yeah I rolled the crap out of mine so hard, so often. After about 2 or 3 years of not skating period it strengthened back up. Sometimes I really wanna get out to a park and roll around just to feel the wheels rolling beneath my feet again, or cruise down a sidewalk to get the *tick-tick* from the wheels when you roll over gaps in the concrete. Skateboarding was really good to me when I was growing up.
Yeah me too, all my friends are married and have kids now, no one to skate with anymore. Plus, my wife thinks I will kill myself at the skatepark.

Anyways, what type of radiator are you running? Mine is crapping out and I'm looking to get a new one. =)

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Mine draped out on me and I swapped it for the radiator in the green coupe way back in this thread, we pulled the z6 head and computer off of it also for my brothers mini me swap.

I'm go na prolly go to advance or autozone and get an 99-00 em1 oem replacement radiator for my b16 swap next spring. Im planning to make it look as oem as possible with an air box but also a mild tuck.

I'd just check out autozone, my brother got his there and it runs fine, or check eBay for a shiny thicker aluminum one. It doesn't matter they're all the same shape.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
look into a del sol b16 rad. they came factory half size but duel thickness... those are saucy and cheap

Bergi85

Thanks guys, I found a Yonaka dual core with a shroud and fan for $149. It should be here on Tuesday. On another note....I need a new head gasket. :angryfire:

Bergi85

I picked up a kit from amazon that came with all OEM parts, I just changed all my accessory belts today as well as the radiator and will be doing the water pump, timing belt and head gasket tomorrow......fun way to spend the weekend.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's great man! Awesome job.

Well I sold my fake bride seats on Carolina Hondas to an Asian dood that was an hour away. I'm on the stock drivers seat now and I absolutely hate it lol. Its so high and I feel like I can fall out of the side since its not bolstered.
I'm actually gonna use the money I got to buy a new seat and rails for the drivers side for now. But I really want something that fits as snug as the replicas did, but an authentic seat. Sparco and corbeau run really big, so if anyone has any input on great little person seats I'm all ears. The buddy club racing spec seat looks good since a couple members are rocking them, I've thought about it but I'm still looking. I want a fixed back seat again, I hate the stock seat so much haha.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
out of the majority of aftermarket seats, the buddy clubs tend to run the smallest. That'll be your best bet, and it's reasonably priced.