96romaCX CIVIC hatchback BUILD THREAD

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nope, just the regular size. Im getting a little too big for mine actually from weight lifting. My waist is fine, but the leg area and my shoulder width is a little too much for the regular buddy club.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why not srd's? best seat ive sat in.... go recaro, good enough for oem... good enough for me. ps glad you sold those things... but we wont get into that ;)

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have the corbeaus and I'm small but they hold me tight

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nope, just the regular size. Im getting a little too big for mine actually from weight lifting. My waist is fine, but the leg area and my shoulder width is a little too much for the regular buddy club.
Haha that's funny, out growing your "CHILD seat" :rolf:

I'm honestly thinking of being patient and trying to get the BRIDE Vios iii sport-c, its a little more affordable, but I don't know the difference between it and the regular Vios iii, just an FIA rateing?

If I get impatient I'll problably grab a black and gray buddyclub. I still have both my corbeau camlock harnesses, those things are awesome!

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
why not srd's? best seat ive sat in.... go recaro, good enough for oem... good enough for me. ps glad you sold those things... but we wont get into that ;)
Everyone was just Telling the truth. I got in them one day and heard the side mount pop or creak and said f*** it, sold them 3 days later. I looked at the recaros, the PP is wayy to big and the spg is smaller but still not as small as the Vios iii dimensions.

I have the corbeaus and I'm small but they hold me tight
Yeah I went back to looking at the fx1 pro, but it was huge. Up to 36" waist, i'd get swallowed :lol:

Thanks for everyone's input its greatly appreciated :thumbs up

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the SRD are the base design for the type r seats

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
interesting... i read it as you do not like stock seats... why the preference to fix back? plans for a cage?

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Fix backs feel amazing and your so solid, I felt more sensitive to the cars grip threshold and became more sensitive to handling characteristics i wasn't aware of when fighting to stay Inside my seat. I was going to get an auto power 4 point or weld in 4 point for the 96-00 chassis, and make it bolt on if not already, then paint it silver. I was going to do an x bar but I'd rather have a silver roll bar.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just out of curiosity, have you sat in an srd or a reclining style race seat? if not you should give it a try, they are really something special.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm a 30-31 waist and they hug me good and recline

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Word, that's good to hear, maybe the fx1 pro will be a bit more snug than I was thinking. I really really love the look of that seat I just don't wanna slip about in it lol.

My new plan, since there are 2 shows coming up, next weekend at Zmax race park in Charlotte NC, the ISO meet. Then the weekend after that the car club I hangout with is having DankFest at some airport parking lot, lol I can't remember where. I'm just gonna clean up he hatch really really tidy, a d drive it with the stock seats and "window/butt" shop for seats at the meet. I'll just go around sitting in any I've been considering. Its going to be really fun I can't wait!

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Placed a tiny order today nothing really major, and picked up a miscellaneous part that's been on he repair list since the beginning!

Only paid 40$ for the whole assembly!
Its super dirty, but I'll spruce it up and hopefully have some Install pics up Saturday. I'm also going to be re claying/buffing/waxing the hatch so this weekend too in preparation for the shows coming up.

Jeffhondadc5

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks Jeff! Glad to see you swing in for a visit!
:thumbs up

How do you like the new steering wheel?

I was pretty close to getting the same one but put it off for now. 350mm?

Edit: Wow you posted that at the same time. I need that part too! Where did you find it for a good price?

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I absolutely LOVE my steering wheel. Its beautiful and feels like pure sex in my hands. Yup, its the 350mm.

I got the deal from an old skool "back in the day" honda head that used to build Hondas for drag in wilkesboro. He owns his own used car business now and has a hidden honda grave yard somewhere on one of his properties, he hooked me up cause he knew I was still in the scene. I think he's gonna get me a full integra front and rear swap, but he's SOO busy all the time, hell have to drag it out of the graveyard and pull them. I don't think it will be any time soon though.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Placed a tiny order today nothing really major, and picked up a miscellaneous part that's been on he repair list since the beginning!

Only paid 40$ for the whole assembly!
Its super dirty, but I'll spruce it up and hopefully have some Install pics up Saturday. I'm also going to be re claying/buffing/waxing the hatch so this weekend too in preparation for the shows coming up.
nice, what ahppen to the orignal one?

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The vent on the right is broken out, and the top 2 mounting points are broken also. The heat adjustment switch is broken and stuck on full heat so if it rains i cook with the defrost on so i can see out of the windshield.It just kind of sits there sticking out of the dash and looks like crap.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok, that thing needed to be replace :thumbup: