96romaCX CIVIC hatchback BUILD THREAD

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's 1 mean time machine your uncle got. Nice red CIVIC. Makes me wanna start over again. Too bad I can't. :(

Anyhow, in regards to your exhaust system and muffler, is it loud? I'm looking to QUIET down my Civic the most I possibly can by changing my muffler possibly to an OEM. I to have a Ebay exhaust system. My car is a 98 CX hatch. Lemme know if its loud. I like the look of it on your car. Looks sick!
No it's not loud at all. It sounds very very good compared to most exhaust systems except the higher end styles. I have absolutely no rasp and its smooth and all tone in the midrange.

Well I stopped by to see my friend Jason who's getting me the job in the body shop under him. Took a quick pic of his ls vtec 96 hatch .

We let the car idle to listen to valves, and I told him about how crash! Told me on the forum it could be a bearing, we stuck our ears to the engine and Jason feathered the throttle and the said
"Knock, knock?"
"Who's there!?... Wait, dammit."
Idk what I'm going to do yet. It's my only car and money is very tight right now. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and buy new bearings and oil pan gasket, and get my friend to do the install. I really don't have the money for that tho but I have to work so, oh well.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I found a 13mm ls rear sway bar, a friend I know that deals mainly in Hondas can pull it for me from his salvaged teg for 20$. I've been looking online all day for endlinks and found multiple sets. I will also need em1 subframe brackets and bushings, I found all the hardware and endlinks on majestic honda but I was wondering if anyone knew where to get these mounting brackets aftermarket, the price for one side of the oem em1 end links is the same as a pair of hard race endlinks. Just trying to save some cash. Thanks for any input!

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hatch looking CLEAN!! nice! any plans for the interior?
Oh yeah, I was wanting to redo a lot. Maybe the headliner and door panels in a red and black plaid, new black carpet, remove the rear seats and repaint, keep all the interior panels, CTR shift boot, new climate control, 00 cup holders, new interior and dash oe bulbs, nardi or personal steering wheel, spoon shift knob, and corbeau seats and harnesses in black and red. Lol it's he longest list of mods so ill save it for last.cause my exterior I will be reverting back to stock with new oem pieces like the grill and heads and tails, with just spoon side mirrors and a spoon spoiler. A ws2 exhaust system, bone stock b16 swap, and 15x7 +36 949 6uls in nickel. Then I will consider her finished! Lol. I guess that was a loaded question =)

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dont jump to such conclusions, and have a list like that, you'll never finish your car, save for one big thing at a time, and make sure you dont cheap out on seats, have to remember thats gonna be the first thing to fail in a car accident and you want to be planted. Also, with removing the airbag, and getting a new steering wheel setup, make sure to buy quality harnesses!

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dont jump to such conclusions, and have a list like that, you'll never finish your car, save for one big thing at a time, and make sure you dont cheap out on seats, have to remember thats gonna be the first thing to fail in a car accident and you want to be planted. Also, with removing the airbag, and getting a new steering wheel setup, make sure to buy quality harnesses!
True that bro=)

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
9 hours of detailing. I started at 9am. Full clay, hand polished 80% of the oxidation and scratches out with rubbing compound and meguiars scratch x 2.0. Full wax with mothers carnauba cleaner wax and polish. Detailed the engine bay. Cleaned and waxed the wheels/tires, waxed doorjambs, neverdulled all the original chrome trim, air leaner, radiator.Ate hotdogs for dinner around 7pm and now I can't move.
My uncles reaction.....~priceless~.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^^thanks everyone! I was really happy my uncle was so happy, he has been to other ppl who claim to do detail work, and I was able to get the holograms and buffer swirls out for him. I get better every time I do a detail like that, but I definitely need to invest in a DA polishing wheel. My shoulders are sore. Lol