96romaCX CIVIC hatchback BUILD THREAD

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What kinda blang?
nothing too special, just the last thing before i start saving for my swap in spring. ive debated going b or k, but i cant really afford a k. plus i just want to criuse/occasional spirited drive the hatch. so... im going for a bone stock sir2 swap. h/i/e and then enjoying it!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nothing wrong with a bone stock b series :thumbs up

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks man! yeah i got the part in i ordered and installed it, i just havnt taken any pics.. no big deal tho, its just a silver asr subframe brace.. looks sweet tho with my blox lcas! im either now looking into a spoon spoiler and getting real mirrors, or saving up for a new master urethane bushing kit and taking it to the honda dealership and letting them install it there. if i cant do it at home, im taking it to the pros.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nothing wrong with a bone stock b series :thumbs up
hey mymmeryloss, are you familar with any 70's model rangers? theres one for sale in my area for cheap, its a 76 full size 4x4 with 4 spd trans. im not into domestic vehicles as much, but it looks like a tank. any money i have saved up i figured i could either get a winter beater for the right price, or just winterize my hatch and keep building. only trucks we've had were one nissan hardbody k24d and an 90 22r toyota years ago.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I got my new iPhone today finally! It was back ordered for like a month but now I'll be able to finally post new pics and also some videos if I feel like it! So, next clear day ill find a pretty backway and take some photos!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im not a ford guy by any means. And definitely not a domestic guy. Sorry brotha.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Im not a ford guy by any means. And definitely not a domestic guy. Sorry brotha.
Ha no worries though! I didn't even get it. I did however narrowly escape my first confrontation with a deer tonite. I escaped narrowly with only a 2" scratch on my quarter panel! Soo scary bro! He hit the side of his face on my rear driver quarter, and thanks to my new suspension, good brakes, and tires peppered with luck and talent it was evadded. Just scratched the paint and left a face smear all the way down to my tail light. Lol he slid right off that glossy polished paint!

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

I did t do anything all day, washed my car yesterday and took a pic today. I'll have better pics as soon as I go somewhere kool

emerican

Registered VIP
just read threw the whole thing really liking your progress man and defintly a nice save from the way she was lookes like a compltly different car.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just read threw the whole thing really liking your progress man and defintly a nice save from the way she was lookes like a compltly different car.
Thanks a lot man, it's definitely my most favorite car ever, I just want what's best for her! Lol lol lol

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

This is a quick pic of my ASR subframe brace I got a few weeks ago, I've also got my energy suspension master kit for the 96-00 civic, but I'm waiting on a 1 ton arbor press and a long weekend before I tackle that. So I may wait a little bit. I took this pic in the parking lot at work today before I went in, sorry if its not that great.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Why no sway bar?
I have to find one for cheap enough, I don't plan on having a front sway bar, so I just really want the em1 rear bar for the hatch so it won't be too crazy stiff, plus wont cause much oversteer. It's only a daily, not for track but with spirited drives in mind.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've got too much energy from all the food I've ate today, plus being used to working 2nd shift, so I'm going out in the garage to tinker a little bit... Pics when I'm done.
Happy Terkie day CC friends!