96romaCX CIVIC hatchback BUILD THREAD

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You're welcome. Just don't want to see you fight a seized screw down the road that served no purpose. But of you coated them then they should be ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah Greg is right. I had one of those stripped so bad. Drilled it out and tat was the last I saw of them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah Greg is right. I had one of those stripped so bad. Drilled it out and tat was the last I saw of them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I mean you can drill the head out in 30 seconds, it's not a big deal. Just some people thing they serve a purpose.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah, I left them in, I know its easier to assemble with the screws, but I also removed the old rusty ones with that specialty screw driver you hit with a hammer while turning, and it worked awesome!

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, I left them in, I know its easier to assemble with the screws, but I also removed the old rusty ones with that specialty screw driver you hit with a hammer while turning, and it worked awesome!

Impact screw drivers are awesome! And a little bottle propane torch does wonders. Just put a little a to seize on them for piece of mind, stuff does wonders. Best thing ever invented lol

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't, Texas ftw! Lol
"Oh Nooo!"
LuckySent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"I Knowww!"
:rolf:

Brakes are being a super b****! I bought a cheap ass vacuum bleeder and I bled the two rears for an hour and still got crazy air bubbles. I went back and Teflon taped all my flare nuts in the lines I made since I could see a little fluid around the flare nuts. I haven't tried again because I had to head into work, but I'm going to give it another shot to tonight or tomorrow depending how tired I feel. I also Teflon taped my bleeder screws in the calipers as well.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sorry to hear that man. Hopefully you get it sorted out. Just remember, if fluid can get out, air can get in.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Your exactly right. I've been thinking about it all day at work, its so distracting haha. But I'm going to double check all of my connections again 2mrw and give it another shot.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's annoying, but at the end of the day its just a minor problem. I'm sure you'll get it fixed pretty easily. Just go back and double check all the connections.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alrighty! I just turned the last bolt on the brake swap and its done except for a bleed and adjusting the hand brake cables!
Since they don't sell ate blue anymore, I got the type 200. Same thing just legal because it's not blue:what:

And here's the finished products! Energy suspension front upper control arm bushings installed with new honda hardware, replaced a the wheel bearings, and front lower ball joints, brand new re manufactured nissin calipers at all four corners, energy suspension RTA bushings installed, centric rotors and hawk hps pads, and Russell stainless steel soft lines.

Thanks for following!!! :rolf:
Job well done man. :thumbup:

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
"Oh Nooo!"

"I Knowww!"
:rolf:

Brakes are being a super b****! I bought a cheap ass vacuum bleeder and I bled the two rears for an hour and still got crazy air bubbles. I went back and Teflon taped all my flare nuts in the lines I made since I could see a little fluid around the flare nuts. I haven't tried again because I had to head into work, but I'm going to give it another shot to tonight or tomorrow depending how tired I feel. I also Teflon taped my bleeder screws in the calipers as well.

I would make sure your flares are ok. I've never heard or seen a Teflon taped fitting on a car, I'm not sure how well that will work. Awesome if it fixes it though

But remember on a flare it's not the threads that seal it, it's the taper in he flare. So taping those fittings won't help. Bleeder screws it can

Last edited: