97 civic to 2000 front end conversion?

enycesam

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i got a 97 civic, and i want to do a 2000 conversion. and i was wondering is anyone cane give me some ideas if i have to change the headlights too when i change my bumper. and what else do i have to change if i do?

Hatchkid35

5+ Year Member
bumper headlights hood fenders. you can smash the rest to fit lol.

edit: damn beat to it by like 30 seconds. argh!

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You also gotta modify the radiator support (I think?). If not, theres gonna be a small gap between the hood and the front bumper.

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
to be honest....a buddy of my fraternity bro was actually able to put a 99-00 bumper without changing anything else. he modified the bumper somehow.

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Astheros said:
to be honest....a buddy of my fraternity bro was actually able to put a 99-00 bumper without changing anything else. he modified the bumper somehow.
if seen that before. The person who did it did some crazy chopping and matting of both bumpers.

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Holy hell are you serious!!! You can put a 99-00 front on 96-98!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........:roll: :roll: The search button would have given you more info then you needed,

senatE

Titanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i did it here is a pic of my car

it actually wasnt that bad it was easier than i thought. the bumber was free and all i had to buy was lights side fenders and the lip thats about it and the hood was from a friends shop and the grill was to so i got hook ups. only cost me like 300.

o and one more thing. the lip is a pain in the ass to put on.

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oh My God :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

senatE

Titanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol you dont like the flames? or what? btw the side fenders cost so much bc there fiberglass

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
senatE said:
lol you dont like the flames? or what? btw the side fenders cost so much bc there fiberglass

Yeah the flames are a start LOL....just not my style at all...in fact not even close

senatE

Titanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol i dont know what i was thinking when i did the flames. jsut wanted to stick out. i stick out a little to much tho bc i get pulled over all the time bc that s**t. im thinkin pearl white or all black as the next color

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
senatE said:
lol i dont know what i was thinking when i did the flames. jsut wanted to stick out. i stick out a little to much tho bc i get pulled over all the time bc that s**t. im thinkin pearl white or all black as the next color
LOL much better

senatE

Titanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol i hear it every day. i am more worried about finishing my engine b4 i do another paint job

tnk

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
just keep the current front end u have. but if u do decide to go the 99-00 front end, give me a reason besides 'it just looks better'

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ill take your old fenders if they are vsm and in good shape.. lol