98 civic EX, better late than never.

leothelion

d:p
Registered VIP
When my Civic was auto I had an OEM leather stitched shift knob from a 98-02 Accord auto that was pretty nice. Replacing those floor mats would be a huge step in the de-ricing, they are hard to look at.
yeah, im looking at some "semi" custom black ones, they have a white "civic" stitched on them, but they are like $60

PLEASE for the love of god, lose the altezzas!
Yeah i know, im going to put my stock ones back on and then hopefuly sell the otherones so i can afford some nice red/clear.

emerican

Registered VIP
those floormats would look much better stock tails would too untill you can get 50/50s for it.

leothelion

Registered VIP
put the stock tails back on, now just saving up the 70+ for some red clears.

emerican

Registered VIP
i got my 50/50s for 60 bucks maybe cheaper i cant remember exactly what i paid for them.

leothelion

Registered VIP
yeah its pretty legit, but be aware, the only place i can find it is on sears marketplace, its about 87 right now. its a RAZO Ra89a. thats the aluminum one, there is also a black carbon fiber version, but i cant find it anymore. when i bought it on amazon it was 47.15 shipped.supply and demand i guess.

here is the link to the only place i can find it http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM3032035202P?sid=IDx20101019x00001a&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=SPM3032035202

i dont really feel like lowering it, i am painting my steelies today, but lowering it would, idk i would rather have a smoother ride.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
I hear you on the lowering part, I'm actually raising mine up tomorrow lol, It's not slammed or anything but has had lowering springs on it from when I bought it and it's not my thang

leothelion

Registered VIP
Just updating on the stuff im doing.

-Steelies are getting a gloss black w/red strip paint job this week
-ordering some lug nuts, i was just going to go with some black gorilla ones, unless anyone has some other suggestions.
-trying to find some center wheel caps, or something that would work, i want something that is flush but idk, cant seem to find many aftermarket things available for it.
-Thinking about ordering the carbon fiber for my hood wrap diy
-waiting on my paycheck to get some black housing headlights and red/clear tails
-might take her out to some country roads and do a photo shoot
-might install the "civic" badge on my r-grill
-installing switchback led turn signals now that my dead loads finally came in.
-fixing my instrument lighting, some wires must have come loose cuz part of it is out.
-thats all for now.

leothelion

Registered VIP
oooo. might have to get some of those black non internalls, looks pretty sick. yeah i though about red, but idk, i might just spray the tips, dont wana go overboard like i did last time . lol.

leothelion

Registered VIP
Well i did my front two wheels this past weekend. turn out pretty nice. heres some pics of the work and the end results, plan on doing my back wheels the coming weekend.

Any thoughts on what to do with my hood? i was thinking of painting it black? thoughts?

Shot at 2011-06-07

Shot at 2011-06-07

Shot at 2011-06-07

Shot at 2011-06-07

Shot at 2011-06-07

Shot at 2011-06-07

Shot at 2011-06-07

Shot at 2011-06-07

Shot at 2011-06-07

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
wow those look great man

as far as the hood goes, I would look at red coupes online with even carbon fiber hoods (it will still give you an idea of what it will look like) and see if you like the two toned look. I'm a fan of black hoods but not everyone is

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not bad man, steelies turned out good...

leothelion

Registered VIP
wow those look great man

as far as the hood goes, I would look at red coupes online with even carbon fiber hoods (it will still give you an idea of what it will look like) and see if you like the two toned look. I'm a fan of black hoods but not everyone is
yeah i have been thinking about black, i was going witha carbon look in my car but now im changing my mind, i might do a gloss black, i think that would look pretty killer, have it match my side skirts and lips when i get them.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
I would do one or the other with the lip and the hood, I wouldn't leave the lip black and the hood black cause then it starts to look like you got your parts from a different car and are just too cheap to paint it (just my opinion though). I personally would paint the lip to match and paint the hood black, but do whatever you think you would like the most.

I always research pictures like for instance scan through this thread I've posted at the bottom (if you haven't already) to see if anything catches your eye. I get all my inspiration from threads like this

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=87360

leothelion

Registered VIP
hmm...yeah. i will have to think about it.
HEy i finished my switchback leds. The are SUPER bright in running mode, however the turn signal is a little lacking, but still, i liike em, pics tonight hoefully

UPDATE: Eruo style rice tail lights-bought for 27, sold a year later for 30, which means i can afford new HEADLIGHTS- Black housing ANZO Headlights w/clear lens INCLUDING the turn signal, are on there way!!!!!!!! and once i sell my old headlights(ion blue/yellow show headlights if anyone wants them-$199 shipped-in perfect condition), i can buy new TAILLIGHTS!!!!! HUZA

leothelion

Registered VIP
LAAAAAAAAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHO THE HECK PUTS A "GENERIC" PICURE OF A HEADLIGHT ON THERE WEBSITE WITH NOTHING SAYING THAT ITS A "GENERIC" IMIAGE!!!!! COME ON AUTOPARTS WAREHOUSE !!!!!! So i ordered these

see how the turn signal is clear?
i got these in the mail

then when i tried to return them, because i thought they sent me the wrong time, the lady was like, well actually thats just a generic image, so you have to pay to have them shipped back since you received the item you ordered.

GRRRRR.....so if anyone knows a site that sells headlights for a 98 civic that have the ENTIRE lens clear, and are oem look, please let me know. sigh, or if anyone has some old projector headlights that have the clear lens on them, please let me know how much to buy them, thanks, i just want the lens...sigh.

leothelion

Registered VIP
Finished Putting the headlights on today, even though they are not the ones i wanted i still kept them, im pretty sure you cannot find headlights for a 98 civic that have an entire clear lens and oem style, oh well. they look pretty good i think.

These are the old lights...

Shot at 2011-05-04
and the new lights...

Shot at 2011-06-15

Shot at 2011-06-15

Shot at 2011-06-15

Shot at 2011-06-15

Shot at 2011-06-15