Almost done buying s**t... small mustang progress update

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whats goin on man ... hope to see this thing in person next year praying i get an internship out there, moving to Mesa if so.
:thumbs up

Awesome. You'll definitely have to hit me up if you move out here.

Pootie

i blow tires away!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Feel free to ask. Most of the pics in my older threads are probably down by now. I don't have the hosting space i used to. I'm going to have to work on that.
i guess check your other thread!

the manifold looks a lil iffy where . I'd like to know whats the mounting position or brace IF ANY thats holding up that hugee turbo?

and why such a large turbo? (if your goal is just 600rwhp)

ryanM

you should have kept this all in one thread instead of making a new one every time you buy something new

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i guess check your other thread!

the manifold looks a lil iffy where . I'd like to know whats the mounting position or brace IF ANY thats holding up that hugee turbo?

and why such a large turbo? (if your goal is just 600rwhp)
Edit- Found the thread you were referring to. Not sure why it wasn't showing up. I looked for that thread specifically. Oh well. I've posted there as well. We'll have to pick one and stick to it, unless a mod just wants to merge the two threads.

There are two braces at the turbine inlet flange. I don't have any pictures of them. I'll have to get some once the motor is back in the car.
Below is a pic of the turbine inlet from the bottom of the car. Still doesn't show the braces though.

I wanted 500-600 rwhp with a little room to grow. The guy building the kit had his own ideas for the car :laugh: I wasn't expecting this build to be half as crazy as it is. I can't complain though. The car will probably make much more than 600rwhp.

you should have kept this all in one thread instead of making a new one every time you buy something new
:laugh:
I know. Would have made it easier. Next time :laugh:

Why did I not realize you're in AZ?
:what:

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks sick. I cant wait to see this all done up. Im looking forward to a video just to hear that dump.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looking good. Any updates?

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah, my mustang project has gone about the same way, get one thing new, got to buy 5 things to go with it. well my experiance was sort of weird, but it basically was people didn't do the right thing the first time around and i had to buy all new s**t the second time.
mine a little older than yours, i'm running a 66 body with a 68 motor and C4 trans.
i put a bigger cam in it, and new roller rockers, than down the road found out once we started the car, the rockers weren't staying on the pushroads because i didn't have the right rockers, thankfully a shop bought mine and gave me a new pair, even though they aren't supposed to buy used stuff, even though they hadn't really been used, just sitting there. than we get the right rockers, and after running it to break in the cam and lifters, theres a knock, which is caused by my bigger cam pushing out my rockers arm studs because their the push in style and not tapped. the pressure from a higher lift cam is too much for the stock push in style studs. so now, i'm out of money after i payed the guy to put in the wiring, and i'm stuck until next summer.
all because, when i originally had the heads off, the guy who ported and polished it failed to notice that i had a higher lift cam, and didn't tell me i needed to have the heads tapped.
so my 5 year project is sitting for another 6 months.
well, seems like you've done pretty well getting all your stuff together, post some pics of your car and the whole engine bay, interested to see what the body looks like.

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, my mustang project has gone about the same way, get one thing new, got to buy 5 things to go with it. well my experiance was sort of weird, but it basically was people didn't do the right thing the first time around and i had to buy all new s**t the second time.
mine a little older than yours, i'm running a 66 body with a 68 motor and C4 trans.
i put a bigger cam in it, and new roller rockers, than down the road found out once we started the car, the rockers weren't staying on the pushroads because i didn't have the right rockers, thankfully a shop bought mine and gave me a new pair, even though they aren't supposed to buy used stuff, even though they hadn't really been used, just sitting there. than we get the right rockers, and after running it to break in the cam and lifters, theres a knock, which is caused by my bigger cam pushing out my rockers arm studs because their the push in style and not tapped. the pressure from a higher lift cam is too much for the stock push in style studs. so now, i'm out of money after i payed the guy to put in the wiring, and i'm stuck until next summer.
all because, when i originally had the heads off, the guy who ported and polished it failed to notice that i had a higher lift cam, and didn't tell me i needed to have the heads tapped.
so my 5 year project is sitting for another 6 months.
well, seems like you've done pretty well getting all your stuff together, post some pics of your car and the whole engine bay, interested to see what the body looks like.
That sucks.

The turbo system being fabbed up on the old motor. Should have pictures of the new motor in the car, hopefully, late next week.

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looking good. Any updates?
My oil pump didn't show up. Called and they hadn't even shipped it yet. They were supposed to ship it out last wednesday. Not too happy, but they are sending it 2nd day air. Should have it friday. It's the only part holding up the motor right now.

Still drove down to the shop to drop off the new lifters and cam followers, but no real progress has been made. One head was on the block, but i think he was waiting for the lifters/followers to do any actual work.

Should have more of an update either friday or maybe middle of next week.