am i stupid and wasting time?

civic0918

Registered VIP
I love civics alot. And i wrecked my 6th gen back in 2001. So i just got another 6th gen only a sedan this time due to being a parent. My wife say's its 13 years old and im wasting my time and money. So know i kinda believe her. I mean am i really the only person out there that loves 6th gens that much? I see a ton of crx's all over they are even older i like them too. I dunno maybe its because i havent driven in 9 years. My question is am i the only one doing work on that old of a car ? should i stop and get a new car or just have fun with this one?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Does it matter what anyone thinks? Get what you like. Personally, 6th gens are my favorite models civics.

RonJ

Banned
I love my 13 year old Civic. It's just nice to know I could diagnose and fix just about any problem it comes up with, though body work is something I'd like to learn to do.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
13 year old car and I still dump money into it... do what you want and what you like!

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I could have a newer car if i wanted, but i opt for a 6th gen civic.

civic0918

Registered VIP
Thanx for the boost in esteem 6th gens are my fav also. I gotta tell ya though i have a very addictive personality ill pour my heart into this project. I just get hooked i wear the club civic decal on my side windows because all you guys are great. I got alot of pointers and diy's from club civic thanx again i look forward to getting on here everyday.

ekracer_83

hardcore rice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah its all up to you. you can have whatever car you want. doesn't hurt nobody to tell you what not to get or do with it. be your own boss, brother. i have a 6th gen. civic and i still putting money on the car cause its my money and i do whatever i like.

Spoonsedan

5+ Year Member
same here, I love my 6th gen.

This thread reminds me of my bro. His first car at 18 was a 92 Accord Lx which was sold to get a black manual 92 Accord Lx, which was sold to get a blue 90 Accord EX after BMT in the Air Force, that was recently sold to get a White Auto 93 Accord EX. Now he's attempting to do an Auto-Manual Swap.

The moral of this story is stick to what you love. You have no idea how many people try to down his love for a CB7 Sedan

jasanp

5+ Year Member
6th gen civic own! Best model in my eyes. I love my car and I spend more money on it than my girlfriend..lol. Easy to work on too.

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
i own a 5th gen and love it(except for the cancer), but like everyone said, your money your life your choice. i love the older civics(5th and 6th), keep it

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have two 6 gens. A Ej8 and a Ej6.I love the 99-00 style so clean yet so agressive. And swaps are so easy in 6gens. And they have decent trunk sapce(for the wife)......................... For shopping that is ;)

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
as far as looks go

6th gen > every other gen

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My car is 15 years old and i still think its awesome... Do whatever you want to man, you shouldn't care what other people think...

gummer

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my car is 17 years old, has been wrecked 2 times, blown motor once and I'm still putting money on it, everybody around tells me that I'm idiot but I don't mind I love it

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
IMO, it's important to spend your money on what REALLY makes you happy though. In other words, I don't mind spending my money on my 6th gen, BUT it should be something that is really worth it rather than just throwing your money away.

Like, if you REALLY are all about boost in general, don't spend your money on type r sidemarkers and mirrors and s**t. In the end, it's not a matter of spending money on an old car, but spending money on what you're really passionate about - which for more people on this site in this section is their 6th gen civic :thumbup:

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm just trying to figure out what this has to do with 6th gen tech :???:

:lol: moved!

mahalo

formerly egninesallday
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm just trying to figure out what this has to do with 6th gen tech :???:

:lol: moved!
lmao you always have something interesting to say...
i have had a 4th 5th and im on my 6th gen now and imo i love my 6th better than the others. if it makes you happy your not wasting your time or money your wife is just saying that so you will buy her s**t instead of spending the money on your car.

WIFE
W.ill I.ndeed F.uckup E.everything

Last edited:

d16y7 98 dx

d16y7 98 dx
6th gen civics are awesome. i just bought my first car about a month ago and its a 98 dx. i looked forever for a 6th gen. dont listen to your wife, these cars are awesome.

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
As I believe RonJ said one time, your wife may be malfunctioning. Does she have any CEL codes?

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
WIFE
W.ill I.ndeed F.uckup E.everything
Dude you are really bad with these acronyms :lol:

This one here you have it spelled eeverything, and in your sig you have it spelled riccer :lol: