amej8's is-this-even-considered-a-build thread?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Lip was ordered from RobearRacing. I know I said I wouldn't deal with them again but after my Nikon D40 incident, I didn't want to do eBay. And there wasn't really anywhere else I felt comfortable buying from. So I said f**k it and went for try #2. Springs are from Robear as well. I'm kinda f**ked on that I guess. Were supposed to be here yesterday according to the original estimated delivery date that was posted.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ehhh usually the estimated delivery time is wrong by a day or 2.....

wow that lip looks f**ked up......is it really going to go back to normal without a crease in it??

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The estimated delivery dates UPS have posted for my shocks and LCA's were dead on. Springs are just up in the air for now I guess.

I set the lip out in the sun while I was at work and it straightened a tiny bit. Definitely needs a good day in the sun. And since I'm impatient, I'm gonna try taking a heat gun to it and using my hands and try to put it back to normal.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just bolt it up, it will shape into place. Actually, nevermind.

Well get sean up in here saying "paint the lip."

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My front bumper is so f**ked up, the flat black ABS will match up perfectly :rolf:. But seriously... My front bumper is f**ked up hardcore from rock chips and fade. It looks like flat black ABS itself up close.

I just used a hair dryer and some muscle and shaped the lip back to normal. Only took about 5 minutes. :thumbup:.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You're right. I'm 5'6" and 135 lbs. I have no muscle :(.

It's back to normal though besides for underneath. I need to take the hair dryer to that part too. But otherwise, you wouldn't even know it was all bent up :what:.

Oh and I test fitted it too. I love it :lol:. It was too dark for a pic though.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'll get a pic tomorrow... If I'm home at all that is. Been working 10-12 hours every week day for a while now so I'm never home. I got another 10+ hour day tomorrow so we'll see. Saturday morning I should def have a pic since I don't work til the afternoon.

d00dle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I thought u hated em lips from egay lol Anyways, u'll be happy w/ the poly mugen lip. Beside, that thing can really take some serious beatin.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's not from eBay. And it's not poly. It's ABS. I bent it back to normal with a hair dryer.

thisisoriginal

pete's cheese nugget
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thats poly....

if you bent an ABS lip..it would crap.

I have a poly and ABS.

who knows..I suck at information anyways. plus your ragin asian

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's ABS... Receipt says "ABS Dynamics MG Style Front Lip". If it IS poly, I guess I got lucky on one hell of a deal considering it was $70 (not including shipping) off RobearRacing.

Got my springs in today! Woot!! Last of my parts. It's all going in Sunday except the sway bar. Honda decided to switch warehouses on me from where they were getting the brackets I ordered so I won't get them until Monday :(.

:party2:

ryanM

abs dynamics is the manufacturer of the lip, that doesnt indicate the material.

my lip was abs dynamics, it was made of abs plastic

it couldnt bend like that, it tried once, and then was in like 37 pieces...

thisisoriginal

pete's cheese nugget
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
abs dynamics is the manufacturer of the lip, that doesnt indicate the material.

my lip was abs dynamics, it was made of abs plastic

it couldnt bend like that, it tried once, and then was in like 37 pieces...

yeah..poly can twist..abs...just smashes.

sexy springs man.

you gotta get wheels..I will not look at a picture of it all on until it has wheels. :cool:

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
^^^I'm telling ya he shoulda bought my Si's when I was selling them......haha

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I wish I bought them. I wanna settle for some swirlies / blades. In white, I think they look hot.

ryanM

I wish I bought them. I wanna settle for some swirlies / blades. In white, I think they look hot.
omg no, puke.

white rims are awesome and all, dont get me wrong.

but Si's and blades need to stay the OEM polished finish, or repolished, they look terrible otherwise...