amej8's is-this-even-considered-a-build thread?

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey now, I happen to really like the pedal set. I mean comon, it makes the brakes more responsive, with less travel time since the pedal is now 1/16" closer to your foot (due to the rubber pads that stick out) ;)

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
rubber pads FTW when its raining and your shoes are wet :thumbs up

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm officially lowered. But it got too dark to take pics so I used the flash and just took some of the front / rear on the driver side and to show the new finger gap in my garage. I'm gonna go out driving anyways to get a feel for the new setup. Lowered the car more than I planned on it. I have barely 1 finger gap in the rear and about 1.5 finger gap in the front.

I'll take pics tomorrow when I get the chance. I'm gonna work another 11-13 hour shift so they won't be posted until night time. I'll make a new thread for them.

Oh and to get the hardware off the OEM shocks, my buddy took his torch to each of them. I only have a 16MB memory card on the cam so I could only record one and take like 7 pictures so I recorded one of them :lol:. s**t went flying when the nut got torched off.

Before shot showing the stock height (empty car except my 12" sub & box, nearly empty gas tank):

Finger gap on front driver:

Finger gap on rear driver:

Got home and took pics right away (about 200 lbs worth of stuff in the car. Tools, sub & box, full gas tank, etc.)
Front drop /w full car:

Rear drop /w full car:

Front finger gap /w full car:

Rear finger gap /w full car:

More pics to come tomorrow.

There's random clunking and s**t too I gotta figure out. The passenger shock fork bolt snapped on me so my buddy and I had to drill a new hole and use a new bolt with a nut (since we f**ked up the original threads) so that MIGHT be the reason of the clunking. It only knocks when I go left, even at 10mph. Otherwise, everything else sounds fine. If I'm going too fast and turn, my tires rub :(.

Lowered way more than I planned on... Hopefully bigger wheels fix that next year.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lower I say! Lower! Haha.

How low is it if you were to put the lip on while its at that height? 3inch off the ground?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well let's just say the front end of my bumper is about 1" off the ground when I go down my driveway straight. If I go fast enough where the car bounces, I'll bottom out. Just did it lol. Wanted to see if I would bottom out and it did.

So after I get the lip on, I'll have to come off / get on the driveway at a big angle so I don't scrape. I didn't want to go this low :(. We'll see how it rides.

Another thing on top of the clunking (which I can't figure out yet, sounds like its coming from the middle of the car) is my passenger front isn't as low as the rest of the car. Everything was installed exactly the same way with all the same hardware. But the passenger front side has about a finger gap more than the rest of the corners.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just think, once the springs settle, you'll be even lower. :lol: Suck it up man. You drive a Honda. Plus, your asian. You should be used to scraping. :roll:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just think, once the springs settle, you'll be even lower. :lol: Suck it up man. You drive a Honda.
I hope they don't settle much more. It's lower than I want as is. I might switch to Pro-Kits if I scrape enough around town. There is SO MUCH f**king construction going on right now everywhere where I live. Bumps and s**t everywhere. If I bottom out every day, I'm going for higher springs.

Plus, your asian. You should be used to scraping. :roll:
:rolf: :rolf:

I actually am part dishwasher at my 2nd job so yeah, I'm used to lots of scraping :lol: :rolf:.

I don't get why my passenger front is about 1 finger gap higher than every other corner though... Weird. The front shocks are set at 2 and the rear are set at 3. And I know for a fact that I have the right springs / shocks at each corner.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh, as far as the passenger side sitting higher, it's because the motor is biased to the driver side.

Nice video, you guys are crazy in bare feet and no glasses on though.

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have no idea why you guys torched it. lol.
I usually use two tires, a couple buddies on each tire, an allen wrench, and a 14mm open end wrench.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
wow this is the reason you use a spring compressor. so you don't lose the parts, or hit or injure anybody. especially working on macpherson struts (7th gens), because there are ball bearings you can drop easily.

you need to loosen the top shock bolt when it's still on the car. or use an allen wrench and a wrench. idk why you guys didn't do that either.

Make sure you put everything back you took it off, it could be cause of your Clunking ness, make sure the perch is the same way. If the springs didn't come with a silcon hose to put on the dead coils, then put lithium grease on the springs. It should make any other clunking go away. make sure you torque everything to atleast near spec!

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nah, I pictured a bigger asian kid..to me he looks younger than what he really is.

Now it makes his old threads even funnier.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:rolf:.

All bolts are torqued to spec thanks to Evan (sk8shorty) :thumbup:. I reused the parts I needed off the old shocks. We could've used an allen wrench and a box end wrench but we decided to have fun and torch the bitches :lol:. I used an allen wrench and wrench on the new shocks but not on the old ones.

Wasn't sure how much to tighten down the nut for the shock shaft so I only went down like 2/3 threads.

And the springs definitely have felt like they're slowly settling. The more I drive the car, the stiffer it feels. Shocks are on 2/3 (F/R) and it's pretty stiff now. I can take corners MUCH better now. Can't wait to put the sway bar on tomorrow :thumbup:. Still need to get an alignment.

ryanM

:rolf:.

All bolts are torqued to spec thanks to Evan (sk8shorty) :thumbup:. I reused the parts I needed off the old shocks. We could've used an allen wrench and a box end wrench but we decided to have fun and torch the bitches :lol:. I used an allen wrench and wrench on the new shocks but not on the old ones.

Wasn't sure how much to tighten down the nut for the shock shaft so I only went down like 2/3 threads.

And the springs definitely have felt like they're slowly settling. The more I drive the car, the stiffer it feels. Shocks are on 2/3 (F/R) and it's pretty stiff now. I can take corners MUCH better now. Can't wait to put the sway bar on tomorrow :thumbup:. Still need to get an alignment.
tell them to leave your camber where it is and just fix toe.