anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
sunday bbq with my lovely wife and some friends =)

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
BBQ yesterday afternoon for my buddy's birthday...

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
So this month I bought my replacement clutch and finally received the cluster gauge pod I preordered back in June. Haven't installed either yet, though...

[SGH-T989/Tapatalk]

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So this month I bought my replacement clutch and finally received the cluster gauge pod I preordered back in June. Haven't installed either yet, though...

[SGH-T989/Tapatalk]
Get to it! :D lol

How hard is it to replace a clutch in a Subi anyways?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
will finally be tackling the clutch this weekend, since i get a four day weekend this week =) it's not that hard, but this being a decade-old car means the possibility of breaking bolts is very high. been PB blasting all week to prevent that.

on monday, i bought another subaru. it's a 98 impreza sportwagon (aka outback sport). her name, in keeping with my tradition of naming cars after their paint color, is acadia. my blue one is called sekai, which means world in japanese.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
my wife's mr2 is garaged all winter (MR drivetrain + ice/snow = scary as hell) and our work schedules overlap, so we bought a second winter car. she hates wagons, so she'll be driving my wrx and i'll be driving the wagon.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
my wife's mr2 is garaged all winter (MR drivetrain + ice/snow = fun as hell) and our work schedules overlap, so we bought a second winter car. she hates wagons, so she'll be driving my wrx and i'll be driving the wagon.
fixed, but gotcha lol

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
only if doing nonstop donuts without meaning to is considered fun lol

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did that in ice in my old blazer. I stayed calm for the most part since there was nothing around me.

So I guess it can be fun :D

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did that in ice in my old blazer. I stayed calm for the most part since there was nothing around me.

So I guess it can be fun :D
It's completely different in a MR car.

Because most of the mass sits between the two axles it makes the car have a low moment of inertia, meaning that if car loses traction it will spin suddenly, rotate faster, and be harder to recover from. It's like grip grip grip grip crash into a tree.

Where as FR cars like your blazer have mass out over one end of the car that increases the moment of inertia, which increases the vehicle's resistance to torque applied to it. that's why they tend to progressively break away in a controllable manner as the tires lose traction.

or if u like pictures i can try to explain it with this: to keep things simple u can just think of them as merry-go-rounds with the axis in the middle. if the red block is a large mass, which one would be easier to spin if you applied a force at bottom left part.?

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
simple experiment:

spin a balanced pen (or pencil) around on your desk.

now attach something slightly heavier to one end, such as an eraser and spin the pen again.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Because most of the mass sits between the two axles it makes the car have a low moment of inertia, meaning that if car loses traction it will spin suddenly, rotate faster, and be harder to recover from. It's like grip grip grip grip crash into a tree.

Where as FR cars like your blazer have mass out over one end of the car that increases the moment of inertia, which increases the vehicle's resistance to torque applied to it. that's why they tend to progressively break away in a controllable manner as the tires lose traction.

or if u like pictures i can try to explain it with this: to keep things simple u can just think of them as merry-go-rounds with the axis in the middle. if the red block is a large mass, which one would be easier to spin if you applied a force at bottom left part.?
And I thought you were a troll this whole time. Respect.

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP

:word::thumbs up:no::afrocorrect::slice::werd: Sorry for the bunch of emotes. Couldn't have explained it better.