anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
bad news. went out to a meet today and while we were at a light, i get hit from behind and pushed into the car in front. a green dodge intrepid plowed into the red jetta behind me, pushing him into me and pushing me into the black evo ahead and pushing him into the yellow evo in front of him. all but the yellow mitsu had to be taken out on flatbeds. i wonder how fast that guy in the dodge was going...

fortunately, only two injuries. my friend james who was riding with me got some pretty bad whiplash... stiff neck and back and all that pain that comes with it.... and the guy in the red jetta, who pretty much got the brunt of the impact. he said he was feeling tingling all over his extremities so we had him stay in the car until EMTs got there to help him out.

here's some shots i took of my car for insurance... sorry, no shots of the other cars. i was pretty pissed and upset so i didn't even think about taking pictures until my friend rob suggested it.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Damn bro. Glad you are OK. Hope it all works out for ya and she gets fixed.

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im glad there werent any serious injuries Anf! It sucks too that insurance is probably going to total it.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i really hope they dont' total it. i paid $10k two years ago, but the car's KBB is probably around $5k now since i've put around 60k miles on it already

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Holy s**t!! Dude I hate to say this, but it is more than likely going to be totaled. I mean you are looking at hood, headlight, grill, bumper, fenders, trunk, rear bumper, tail lights, and the worst......quarter panel. Then paint. Then any other damage that we cant see underneath the hood and behind the bumpers.

Saving grace is that you are okay, and no one was seriously injured. Definitely keep us updated.....Im really sorry dude.

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Sorry man, that must have been a real shitty day for you.. hope everything works out in your favor somehow

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DAmn Anf I missed this thread for 2 years to find it today :( fingers crossed bro, new paint job new paint new paint....

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
well, they're gonna total the car... here's the repair estimate: http://bit.ly/bf2607

hoping to buy back and fix with the market value check from progressive... but we'll see.. there's also a chance I may buy back the car and sell it to a friend wanting a swap, and buying my friend brandon's blue bugeye.. i'd have to make payments on the difference though

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Damn anf that sucks, sorry to hear that. Keep us updated!!

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:( sorry to hear that anf, that really sucks man that car was super nice

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Pshht dont post those, post pics of the car you plan to get!!! Saw it already, and it looks SOOOO tasty :D

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Pshht dont post those, post pics of the car you plan to get!!! Saw it already, and it looks SOOOO tasty :D
lol victor... i'll post them when i actually get the car (i'm hoping tomorrow!). i know i put a handful up in the GL thread, but i don't wanna jinx myself any more

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i got the car last thursday night. it's another bugeye wrx, but this time she's world rally blue pearl. sorry about the quality on the photos, i used my blackberry's camera.

here's the morning after i got her:

put my kartboy short shifter in on friday, as well as my momo knob... lip came off over the weekend, gonna need new push-tabs, clips, and zipties for it. i went to the bank this monday and took a couple quick shots.

as you can see in the pics above, the scoop is losing paint. gonna sand and spray this weekend, hopefully i have enough wrb paint in this can... if not, i'll just buy a prepainted oem scoop locally for $40.

pretty much everyone, especially my girl, said the mud flaps looked rather tacky. i thought so too at first, but they started to grow on me over the weekend as they really brought out the tails. oh well, i took em off and sold them yesterday afternoon to a local dude with a white bugeye wrx wagon. they look MUCH better on his car than on mine:

anyway, this is how she sits now, sans mud flaps...

i bought some black urethane mud flaps off some guy on nasioc last night, which were shipped out this morning. can't wait until they arrive =)

oh, btw...

no one likes a tattletale!

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wow anf, thats a really nice subie, im super happy for ya brotha!

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
thanks gury!! i still need to fine tune the suspension. the dampers were full hard on all corners when i got the car. i ate at ihop after getting the car and almost lost it all on the way home. i've dialed it down a bit so it's softer now, not as bouncy, and more bearable for my stomach.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
man i can't wait to drive her anf ;) really nice whip you got there homie